20" iMac Tomorrow?

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 128
    eric_zeric_z Posts: 175member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Addison

I can't find the resolution on the 20", I hope it is the same as the Cinema display.

Its 1680x1050.

Go to the Apple store and press refresh a couple of times and you'll see the 20inch iMac ad come up.
  • Reply 122 of 128
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Addison

I can't find the resolution on the 20", I hope it is the same as the Cinema display.

It is exactly the same. You have to look at the technical specifications of the new iMac.
  • Reply 123 of 128
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I was hoping that 20" iMac would come in at $1999 or so. Oh well.

That's an awesome screen though. If I were in the market for a desktop model, I'd get that in a heartbeat: basically the same specs as my PowerBook (which I'm totally pleased with), just with that huge, honkin' screen!
  • Reply 124 of 128
    I AM A MORON.

I thought the 20" was 1680x1080.

I am stupid, everyone laugh at me.
  • Reply 125 of 128
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

I was hoping that 20" iMac would come in at $1999 or so. Oh well.

If Apple is going to refresh its display line in January's Macworld, chances are good that a substantial price reduction for the iMac will take place rather soon.
  • Reply 126 of 128
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Clayton Magnet

I AM A MORON.

I thought the 20" was 1680x1080.

I am stupid, everyone laugh at me.

*points at Clayton*

• Reply 127 of 128
    Is this product possibly a move to clear out remaining iMacs and 20" displays...?

There has been rumours about updates to both.
  • Reply 128 of 128
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:

Originally posted by corbu

Is this product possibly a move to clear out remaining iMacs and 20" displays...?

There has been rumours about updates to both.

I suspect if Apple intros a new line of displays, there will still be a 20" model, probably using the same panel, so no, I don't think so. When Apple is ready with a G5 iMac, these will be discontinued but I don't think there's an urgent need to clear out a bunch of iMac bases. I may be wrong though. Anything could happen at MWSF in January.