You know it's a bad movie if.........

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 59
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    ...it involves characters from a previous movie, but they use different actors. The only exception would be if there was a major change in age.

Example: Dumb And Dumberer. No Jim Carrey or Jeff Daniels made it doomed to failure from the beginning.
  • Reply 42 of 59
    ..if one average guy runs into a military base and single handedly kills every trained soldier on the compound... Come on now we already know the main character is going to win, At-least make him get shot in the leg or something...

How about your typical sports movie? A huge build up to the finial game and at the last second the team the movie was made about scores and wins! Yay I totally thought they would lose!

By the way T2 may not have been a "good" film but regardless I and many other people found it entertaining, you know what a movie is suppose to do? Entertain people?
  • Reply 43 of 59
    if physics and time dont apply. a 10 second countdown takes 60 seconds, and then people get blown away by an explosion, but somehow manage to escape without injury.

if the movie is 'ghost ship'

--and whats even worse is all the spin off movies like 'ghost rig' (dont worry--one time through ghost ship has kept me away from any spin off and the movie itself.)
  • Reply 44 of 59
    Quote:

If there's an elaborately edited "arming sequence"...

you saying Aliens was a bad flick?
  • Reply 45 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThunderPoit

i think it's been pointed out a couple of times that there are exceptions to the rule, plus the movie that does it first should get some kind of exemption.....
  • Reply 46 of 59
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    ...if you find yourself passing the time by holding your cat up to the screen and pretending he's making out with the actors.
  • Reply 47 of 59
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThunderPoit

it is by no means a good film

it might, for some of you, fall into that catagory of bad/good entertaining but it is not a good film

Alien, on the other hand IS a good film

If you can't see the difference then tant pis pour vous mon amis and for the notion of taste as well . . .

ut let's not drag this thread into another Alien vs Aliens thing . . . . -nuf said

You know it's a bad movie if Blockbuster has a dozen shelves ful of it and a RainCheck gaurantee
  • Reply 48 of 59
    ...if the play royally sucked, too.
  • Reply 49 of 59
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    two words:

Joe Eszterhas
  • Reply 50 of 59
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

...if you find yourself passing the time by holding your cat up to the screen and pretending he's making out with the actors.

That's both and .
  • Reply 51 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

That's both and .

Yeah, I know. It was a really bad movie (Laurel Canyon).
  • Reply 52 of 59
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    If its the 50's scifi flick I caught on cable the other night (don't remember the name).

The spaceship with the scientist, flyboy and babe is going to Mars. An oxygen leak causes them to all pass out. When they wake up (?), The scientist is alarmed to find that they left throttle full open, or something.

Actual dialogue:

Scientist: My God! We've been under power this entire time!

Flyboy: But, that would mean....

Scientist: Yes. According to Einstein, we have achieved-- infinite acceleration!"
  • Reply 53 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Yes. According to Einstein, we have achieved-- infinite acceleration!"

• Reply 54 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

?if the following people are involved with the movie: Freddie Prinze Jr., Gary Busey or his son (whatever his name is), Shelley Long, Pamela Anderson, etc.

Whatever-is-name-is is Jake Busey, by the way. And Contact and The Frighteners weren't that bad at all. The rest of your rules, however, are spot on. Now, to actually contribute to something, you know it's a bad movie if it's an MTV Films production, and I can think of nearly no exceptions to this rule.
  • Reply 55 of 59
    if Jim Carrey is in it
  • Reply 56 of 59
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    The first two words in the title are the same word, but in different languages.

And a related reason... if the Mads apologize about the movie being so bad.
  • Reply 57 of 59
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

if Jim Carrey is in it

Cable Guy was awesome
  • Reply 58 of 59
    nx7oenx7oe Posts: 198member
    if the first thing after the distributor/production credits is a stupidity warning ala Jackass.

Sike, i like Jackass
  • Reply 59 of 59
    Quote:

posted by addabox

Yes. According to Einstein, we have achieved-- infinite acceleration!"

Quote:

Originally posted by Dale Sorel

Don't bring Einstein into the field. He is completely innocent