Macrumors: PowerMac/display updates imminent

Comments

• Reply 61 of 151
    Would that be sweet. From now until April 18... every week a new update to the Mac Computer line!!

Tuesday March 23rd - G5 + Displays

Tuesday March 30th - G5 iMac

Tuesday April 6th - G5 or G4 PowerBook

Tuesday April 13th - G4 iBook Speed Bump

Then at that convention Apple introduces the Video iPod !!!!

Simply an Amazing Month could be ahead of us...

What a way to get the whole world looking at Apple and all it's new products. I don't know if it would happen... probably wouldn't. But still, its fun to think about!
  • Reply 62 of 151
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    How many times do you suppose we'll all check the online store, looking for that "We'll be back soon" Post-It graphic?

"CONFIRMED!!! APPLE STORE IS DOWN!!!"

Then they'll come back with a new Pepsi graphic on the front page and eMacs speedbumped 25MHz.

SONOFABI...

• Reply 63 of 151
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    G5 updates tomorrow would be cool because Apple would have something cool to show off at FOSE, that big government convention. If Powerbook G5s make an appearance anytime within the next two months I would die of pure excitement,
  • Reply 64 of 151
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

How many times do you suppose we'll all check the online store, looking for that "We'll be back soon" Post-It graphic?

"CONFIRMED!!! APPLE STORE IS DOWN!!!"

Then they'll come back with a new Pepsi graphic on the front page and eMacs speedbumped 25MHz.

SONOFABI...

think they'll upgrade them that much...
  • Reply 65 of 151
    slssls Posts: 51member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aleph

One glithc in this theory: in Europe this offering expires only on may 8.

Anyone an idea? Let's hope we don't have to wait even longer over here (like with the mini iPod).

http://promo.euro.apple.com/promo/morememory/no/ Promo in Norway only valid for 1.6, D1.8 and D2 GHz PM models. We probably have to wait longer for rev.bs, but 2 months would be cruel..
  • Reply 66 of 151
    Quote:

Well personally I think something is coming tomorrow. Why? Because, like the FileMaker graphic last week, I just don't think another week or two of a lame, everyone's-seen-it-already pic of a G5 makes any sense.

Nah, they'll keep that graphic up for another week. Rev. B Power mac G5s on Tuesday, March 30th. No change on the Apple mainpage until then.

Now maybe if Sony hadn't stolen the Mickey D's gig...
  • Reply 67 of 151
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Well, another week and no new hardware.

I think I am seeing a pattern here.
  • Reply 68 of 151
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

Nah, they'll keep that graphic up for another week. Rev. B Power mac G5s on Tuesday, March 30th. No change on the Apple mainpage until then.

I bet they'll change the page today or tomorrow to an Xserve "Now shipping" promotion. They won't go right from the current graphic to another G5 promo that says "Oh, by the way, now faster." But yes, for the love of God, let's have new G5s on the 30th! I'm getting panicky from waiting.
  • Reply 69 of 151
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

Care to make it interesting? That's nuts...a lame, do-nothing/say-nothing G5 splash up there for ANOTHER full week? Not hardly.

I'm with BrunoBruin...they'll at least change it to some sort of "Xserve G5...now shipping!" graphic. At least that makes sense and has a bit of freshness to it.

G5s? Yes, let's let a 9-month-old product inhabit our main page for 2 weeks!

• Reply 70 of 151
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

...they'll at least change it to some sort of "Xserve G5...now shipping!" graphic.

Look here.
  • Reply 71 of 151
    Yes, and...?

That's why I said it (and Bruno too)...the G5 Xserve IS shipping. It's on the Mac news sites.

You just linked to a standard press announcement, but I've seen them give front-page status to such things (a photo of product, a snappy headline and that little red "stamp"-looking graphic that says "NOW SHIPPING!".
  • Reply 72 of 151
    neumacneumac Posts: 93member
    Anybody remember the old Rocky and Bullwinkle Show? One of the little vignettes was Bullwinkle trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat:

?Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of the hat. Nothin? up my sleeve, and presto.?

(Something other than a rabbit comes out of the hat)

Rocky: ?Wrong hat.?

Some how, lately, every Tuesday reminds me of that bit.
  • Reply 73 of 151
    slackulaslackula Posts: 262member
    Something must be happening in the near future. Just checked the Special Deals section at ADC and I can't ever remember seeing so many different types of refurbs added to the site in a 2 hour period. Clearing the channels? Let's hope something happens soon!
  • Reply 74 of 151
    Well, it's not even 7:30 am on the West Coast. When it gets to be noon EST (9am PST) and nothing has changed, THEN I'll say "okay, nothing today...".

I can't remember, but is there generally a "cut off" time on non-Keynote-based announcements (just a regular Tuesday thing)?

Is there a time that they're usually announced by? 9am PST? If so, we've got another 90 minutes.

Then again, Think Secret hasn't spilled it yet so that makes me think nothing is going to happen. They ALWAYS seem to leak a release 24 hours prior. Even if they don't know exactly what it is, they've been very good at letting us know "there is an announcement/release tomorrow...".
  • Reply 75 of 151
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Well, it's not even 7:30 am on the West Coast. When it gets to be noon EST (9am PST) and nothing has changed, THEN I'll say "okay, nothing today...".

I can't remember, but is there generally a "cut off" time on non-Keynote-based announcements (just a regular Tuesday thing)?

Is there a time that they're usually announced by? 9am PST? If so, we've got another 90 minutes.

Then again, Think Secret hasn't spilled it yet so that makes me think nothing is going to happen. They ALWAYS seem to leak a release 24 hours prior. Even if they don't know exactly what it is, they've been very good at letting us know "there is an announcement/release tomorrow...".

lol we go over this every time we think something will be released. basically if nothing is there when you wake up (in the US), there's nothing for the day, unless there's a keynote.
  • Reply 76 of 151
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    money still burning a hole in my pocket for 2 new flat screens...
  • Reply 77 of 151
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    <sighs>

Well so much for something happening today. Apple xServe's shipping, whoo-hoo.
  • Reply 78 of 151
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    I wait till the day after the 30th and then I'll order a Dual 1.8 if nothing else has been released.

Pull finger Steve and get us faster machines!

Dobby.
  • Reply 79 of 151
    Well I'm an idiot. I really, really thought a) SOMETHING would be released today or b) at the very least, the G5 frontpage graphic would change.

I was wrong. Unlike some of the clowns in AppleOutsider, I'm able to admit it.

It only happens once or twice a year anyway, so I don't have to admit much.

• Reply 80 of 151
    Quote:

Well I'm an idiot. I really, really thought a) SOMETHING would be released today or b) at the very least, the G5 frontpage graphic would change.

I was wrong. Unlike some of the clowns in AppleOutsider, I'm able to admit it.

It only happens once or twice a year anyway, so I don't have to admit much.

Told ya, pscates.

Xserve is NOT a mainstream product and Apple would never waste mainpage space on it. Xserve customers know where to get info on the product and its shipping status.

In fact I think it's obvious that the current G5 graphic is intended to roll directly over into the rev. B announcement next week, and Apple doesn't care about pissing anyone off. Anyone stupid enough to buy a rev. A G5 right now deserves what he gets anyway.

(Seriously, props for admitting you were wrong. This place would be a lot better off if everyone did that.)