Israeli army helicopter kills at least 20 protestors with missiles...

Comments

• Reply 61 of 249
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Excellent photosite. But... I can't seem to find that picture...
  • Reply 62 of 249
    Quote:

Originally posted by Tulkas

I haven't seen NEW start a thread about the loss of Jewish women and childen, having their throats cut in their homes.

That argument works both ways.

The deaths of israeli children is just as horrible as the death of palestinian children. Just as illeagal and unjust.

But I have to wonder. If I lived in Gaza, I would fear for my children. I would try to get away from there in any way I could.

What on earth makes someone bring their children willingly into a war-zone like Gaza?
  • Reply 63 of 249
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

[B]Sammi....so upset at childrens deaths...never upset when they are jewish children though..you know, the ones always on the buses that explode?

Sorry to rain on your preconceptions, but go check the AO archives on this subject. As I pointed out earlier on, I have railed harsher against Hamas, Islamic Jihad terror groups than the Israeli equivalent. Perhaps someone needs to speak out for the Palestinian kids....the media ignores them, as if they are lesser humans than Israeli kids. Perhaps it's because their religion is "incorrect", so their lives aren't worth it.

Humans are humans, life is life, favoritism be damned.
  • Reply 64 of 249
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

A hip drag queen and

a side-walkin' street wheeler,

Comin' down the avenue.

They're all your friends,

you'll come to love 'em

There's a load of 'em

waitin' for you.

Lookout Jo, you're comin' home.

Old times were good times,

Old times were good times.

Remember Millie

from down in Philly?

She took my brain

and forgot my name.

The woman you were with

was about the same

She took your money and left town.

Glory Hallelujah!

Will I lay my burden down?

Singin' on the streets around:

Look at that crazy clown.

Remember Bill from up on the hill?

A Cadillac put a hole in his arm.

But old Bill, he's up there still,

Havin' a ball

rollin' to the bottom.

• Reply 65 of 249
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

so the next time a bomb goes of in israel, it's the fault of every Arab (as loong as he is a muslim)?

Just drop what you are doing and post a thread here in AO. Go on and on about the "cycle of violence" that the arab muslims terrorist are propagating and how they are trying to "destabilize" the region and how the terrorist "madness needs to stop".
  • Reply 66 of 249
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

He's too blindly racist to acknowledge that fact.

Talk about being banned? If you're not at the top of the list I don't know why should be there.
  • Reply 67 of 249
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

Perhaps someone needs to speak out for the Palestinian kids....the media ignores them, as if they are lesser humans than Israeli kids.

The only thing the media ignores about those kids their involvement in the intifada. Arafat decried a few years ago that pictures of Palestinian children carrying guns and bomb belts hurt their image in liberal Europe. So, the media, eager to obey, ignores those stories and pictures.

You are right, those children shouldn't have died. And the peaceful demonstration shoudldn't have included armed members.
  • Reply 68 of 249
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Oops!
  • Reply 69 of 249
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Geesus, do I hear an echo in here?

Let me repeat by quoting myself:

In case you still don't get it, the difference is that although both Hamas and the current Jewish government are clearly terrorist organizations, the US is only giving money and weapons to one of them. The US is only supporting one of them. The US is only condemning one of them (and when I say US I mean every US administration, including Clinton). That's why we people feel the need to speak out when we see such injustice. Justice would be for ALL terrorists, Sharon and Arafat alike, to be treated equally.

The Jewish goventment is not a terrorist organisation. They are acting as any other govenment would, faced with a population within their borders and surrounded by nations bent of destroying them.

As far as funding, who cares who is funding them. If not for US funding, their would be no Israel. And as much as that concept may please some here, it would involve the "liquidation of the zionist presence." Many palestinian groups are well sponsored by Europe. Europe is only condemning one side. Europe is only suporting one side. So, shouldn't that make people feel the need to speak out when they see injustice?
  • Reply 70 of 249
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    I wonder how many AI members here would participate in an "adopt a Palestinian family" program. If you wish for them to have a home, you can finally enable that wish- let them share yours! Then you can post back here to let us know what wonderful housemates they are turning out to be...

Hmmm...maybe I should write my liberal congressman/woman about this idea!
  • Reply 71 of 249
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

I wonder how many AI members here would participate in an "adopt a Palestinian family" program. If you wish for them to have a home, you can finally enable that wish- let them share yours! Then you can post back here to let us know what wonderful housemates they are turning out to be...

Hmmm...maybe I should write my liberal congressman/woman about this idea!

ah... haha... I get it... ethnic cleansing... grrrrweat idea...

definition...
  • Reply 72 of 249
    Randycat, FYI, My palestinian friends are excellent people. Their hospitality are only rivaled by my american friends. ;-)
  • Reply 73 of 249
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Just drop what you are doing and post a thread here in AO. Go on and on about the "cycle of violence" that the arab muslims terrorist are propagating and how they are trying to "destabilize" the region and how the terrorist "madness needs to stop".

Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Sun-Tzu
  • Reply 74 of 249
    Quote:

The [Palestinian] goventment is not a terrorist organisation. They are acting as any other govenment would, faced with a population within their borders and surrounded by nations bent of destroying them.

Many [Israeli] groups are well sponsored by [the US of A]. [The US of A] is only condemning one side. [The US of A] is only suporting one side. So, shouldn't that make people feel the need to speak out when they see injustice?

Yes!

Europe condemns the suicide bombings but you choose to ignore it. If you acknowledge it, your argument is completely false so instead you pretend. Your fantasy about the region doesn't jive with reality.
  • Reply 75 of 249
    Quote:

The only thing the media ignores about those kids their involvement in the intifada. Arafat decried a few years ago that pictures of Palestinian children carrying guns and bomb belts hurt their image in liberal Europe. So, the media, eager to obey, ignores those stories and pictures.

You are right, those children shouldn't have died. And the peaceful demonstration shoudldn't have included armed members.

So you consider a one year old 'involved' and complicit in the intifada? When their parents dresses them up, you consider them a valid target? That's sick in the head.

And when people bring guns to an NRA rally in Colorado, or a political rally in Texas, are they valid targets as well?

You can try to justify things but they still don't make sense. Even if someone, or many people, in that rally were carrying guns you can't simply kill them. They're on their own land, in a legal gathering, not attacking anyone. You can't kill people for that. And if for some reason they started shooting, you still can't kill them with tank rounds and missles. No matter how much you want to do that, it's illegal. It's no better than Dachau.
  • Reply 76 of 249
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

Excellent photosite. But... I can't seem to find that picture...

any progress artman?
  • Reply 77 of 249
    being a product of a disney generation, that stuff about the zoo somehow seems to say everything...
  • Reply 78 of 249
    No real answer yet huh New? Don't "cut and run". Next time a bomb blows up a bunch of kids in the Jewish state run right here and post a thread. Okay?
  • Reply 79 of 249
    Quote:

No real answer yet huh New? Don't "cut and run". Next time a bomb blows up a bunch of kids in the Jewish state run right here and post a thread. Okay?

answer to what?
  • Reply 80 of 249
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Let's just break this down.

You've no problem with tanks firing 'warning shots,' with innocent people getting killed in multiples of innocent Israelis, with even the zoo getting trashed?

Is there anything that the IDF could do that worry you? Anything?