G5-2.5 shipping dates.

Comments

• Reply 181 of 335
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jaegermann

Thanks for the useful reply, just shows idiots are everywhere and on every message board.

Ask a simple question, and look what happens, much appreciated Aurora

it was a simple question the first 8 million times it was asked in these boards.
  • Reply 182 of 335
    Just got my 2.5 G5 on 8/6/04. I ordered it on 5/15/04!!!!! I can't believe it took that long. They cancelled my order about 5 or 6 times on the Order Status page too. Never heard of such a delay before from anywhere. The only things I added to the order were extra Ram and the ATI 9800XT. It was shipped from China to California. Good thing I live in Los Angeles. Good luck with your orders!
  • Reply 183 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by specops1526

Just got my 2.5 G5 on 8/6/04. I ordered it on 5/15/04!!!!! I can't believe it took that long. They cancelled my order about 5 or 6 times on the Order Status page too. Never heard of such a delay before from anywhere. The only things I added to the order were extra Ram and the ATI 9800XT. It was shipped from China to California. Good thing I live in Los Angeles. Good luck with your orders!

you ordered your dual 2.5 before it was released????
  • Reply 184 of 335
    Talked with the Apple Store Online today and the sales rep stated, "Man, today is G5 Day!" He went on to explain the vast number of people call in today asking about order status and whether their 2.5 G5 would be shipped out on Friday 8/20. Like many, my order is scheduled to ship on or before that date. So far it hasn't entered the shipping cycle. So I can only hope between now and tomorrow evening it finally makes it! Otherwise I'll have my shipping date bumped for the 2nd time!
  • Reply 185 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

you ordered your dual 2.5 before it was released????

i ordered the dual 2.0 but two days later they sent me an email saying they were coming out with a new model and that they would upgrade me for free. So I upgraded rather than taking a discount on the dual 2.0, since I was prepared to spend that amount of $ already.
  • Reply 186 of 335
    jjjj Posts: 48member
    I just received and email offering me these options for the 2.5/6800 I ordered on 7/12:

____ _Please ship my system with an ATI Radeon 9600 XT w/128MB SDRAM card at no additional charge by September 3rd and ship a stand-alone NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL Graphics Card Stand-Alone Kit by September 17th. _The cost of my order will remain the same. My order number is W______________.

_

____ _Please ship my system with the NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL Graphics card installed by September 13th. _My order number is W______________.

____ _Please cancel my order. My order number is W______________.

I picked #1

This falls into the "sucks, yet kinda cool" category
  • Reply 187 of 335
    yep!

DELAYED ONCE AGAIN !!!!

This time all the way till SEPT 27!!!!

And this is a developer order.

humm.....
  • Reply 188 of 335
    hmm... just in case I receive that option, is it hard to install the nVidia 6800?

Would anything other than a quick open and swap of the readily visible cards be necessary? Would I have to actually get the G5 to recognize the new card or will it all be plug-n-play? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I've never had to deal with new video cards (iMac Blueberry for 4 years & iMac lampshade for 2). Thanks!
  • Reply 189 of 335
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Novablas

hmm... just in case I receive that option, is it hard to install the nVidia 6800?

Would anything other than a quick open and swap of the readily visible cards be necessary? Would I have to actually get the G5 to recognize the new card or will it all be plug-n-play? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I've never had to deal with new video cards (iMac Blueberry for 4 years & iMac lampshade for 2). Thanks!

plug and play, switching cards on a mac is super simple and the drivers will allready be in the OS.
  • Reply 190 of 335
    lancelance Posts: 6member
    My developer order 6/29/04 just got pushed to Sept. 27th too (after the original bump to Aug. 20th)

Oh well... At least the two 20" cinema displays arrived the first week of July.

Quote:

Originally posted by KCOM2006

yep!

DELAYED ONCE AGAIN !!!!

This time all the way till SEPT 27!!!!

And this is a developer order.

humm.....

• Reply 191 of 335
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    It looks like apple is really having problems with Ibm. this doesnt bode well for the new imac does it. steve told us July for the 2.5s and though a few have shipped its almost september. Hard to sell out of a empty store.
  • Reply 192 of 335
    lancelance Posts: 6member
    Nothing out of the ordinary for my order besides the RAM too... Very disappointing they haven't gotten the yields up there on the G5.

2.5GHz PowerPC G5

4GB MB DDR400 (PC3200)-8x512

160GB Serial ATA-7200rpm

8x Super Drive (DVD-R/CD-RW)

ATI Rad9600 XT x/128MB DDR

56k V.92 Modem

Airport Extreme Card

BT+Apple WrlsKybd & Mouse
  • Reply 193 of 335
    palterpalter Posts: 98member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Lance

My developer order 6/29/04 just got pushed to Sept. 27th too (after the original bump to Aug. 20th)

Oh well... At least the two 20" cinema displays arrived the first week of July.

My developer order also changed to 9/27 today. (Originally pushed from 7/30 to 9/13 and then to 8/20.)

I decided to call the ADC store to see what they had to say about this.

The nice gentleman to whom I spoke told me that my order had been "acknowledged by manufacturing". He then went on to say that developer orders in that state should "ship by the end of next week". (I know of at least one other developer who was told the same thing when he called Apple today. Maybe they're giving all the developers the same story...)

At least I have the 23" Cinema Display that I ordered with the new G5. Too bad my old G4's video card can't drive it. (Sigh)

We'll see ...
  • Reply 194 of 335
    aj500aj500 Posts: 14member
    2nd delay of my 7/1 order. This time pushed to 8/30

• Reply 195 of 335
    Mine has always been 8/31 as I customized most of my G5. I hope they don't push it back too far...........
  • Reply 196 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by AJ500

2nd delay of my 7/1 order. This time pushed to 8/30

6/29>>8/30--so there.

WORD OF CAUTION:

The apple email sent to notify you of the further delay states that they will cancel your order if you dont call and let them know that the new date is 'acceptable.'

So call.
  • Reply 197 of 335
    Well, I got that "We'll send it with a Radeon 9600 and send the 6800 later!"

Just so everyone knows, if the above is acceptable to you you DONT have to call them or anything.
  • Reply 198 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by palter

My developer order also changed to 9/27 today. (Originally pushed from 7/30 to 9/13 and then to 8/20.)

I decided to call the ADC store to see what they had to say about this.

The nice gentleman to whom I spoke told me that my order had been "acknowledged by manufacturing". He then went on to say that developer orders in that state should "ship by the end of next week". (I know of at least one other developer who was told the same thing when he called Apple today. Maybe they're giving all the developers the same story...)

At least I have the 23" Cinema Display that I ordered with the new G5. Too bad my old G4's video card can't drive it. (Sigh)

We'll see ...

Well, he was right ...

I just received my shipping notification email!

Guess I won't be going to the office for a few days next week...
  • Reply 199 of 335
    Mine's still set at 9/9/04. Here's hoping...

\
  • Reply 200 of 335
    anyone got their 2.5 with 9800 w/ 256mb