Tired of the 6800 crap? Email NVIDIA!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Here's the email address for the big cheese in the NVIDIA PR department.

[email protected]

Please feel free to express yourself.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1douglask

[email protected]

It's not the PR guy's fault. They have to get the bugs out. Why rush it to market only to find it's screwed up (it almost happened).

http://www.macnn.com/news/26143
  • Reply 2 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by auslander

It's not the PR guy's fault. They have to get the bugs out. Why rush it to market only to find it's screwed up (it almost happened).

http://www.macnn.com/news/26143

It is or at best should be a PR NIGHTMARE! I am at the point I believe a mess of email from the unhappy would at least inspire some public comment on the status of this crap.
  • Reply 3 of 71
    Quote:

It is or at best should be a PR NIGHTMARE! I am at the point I believe a mess of email from the unhappy would at least inspire some public comment on the status of this crap.

What is the point of a public outcry? The point is to make the card work. An outcry isn't going to solve that is it?

What ever happened to a bit of patience? As I said before, I would *much* rather receive a *working* 6800 later, than a fritzed out iffy 6800 sooner. That's what makes sense to me, but it might not to you.
  • Reply 4 of 71
    Quote:

[email protected]

Yes. This will most certainly result in the product being released more quickly. You must be a project manager of some kind.
  • Reply 5 of 71
    Quote:

I agree. I dont think anybody believes emails will get my G5 to me any sooner, but I do think that maybe we'll hear something about the reason for the delay or on whos side its on, Apple or nvidia. If I wasnt so lazy Id send a letter.
  • Reply 6 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by auslander

What is the point of a public outcry? The point is to make the card work. An outcry isn't going to solve that is it?

What ever happened to a bit of patience? As I said before, I would *much* rather receive a *working* 6800 later, than a fritzed out iffy 6800 sooner. That's what makes sense to me, but it might not to you.

My patients ran out when the new fantacy delivery schedule went to 3 times the original. Between Apple and NIVIDIA the silence is deafening.

It would be the PR department that would be responsible for making a public statement. Right now my friends they seem to think this silence if just fine. I do not agree and I believe emails in high number would "inspire" some information coming forward. We might all finally learn what the heck is going on.

Nope, it won't get them sooner but nothing makes more sense to me then telling your customers the truth. That my friend is good PR!
  • Reply 7 of 71
    Quote:

My patients ran out when the new fantacy delivery schedule went to 3 times the original. Between Apple and NIVIDIA the silence is deafening.

It would be the PR department that would be responsible for making a public statement. Right now my friends they seem to think this silence if just fine.

Do you have a new shipping date? What more information do you need/want? What more information will be helpful to you in any way, shape or form?
  • Reply 8 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cuilla

Do you have a new shipping date? What more information do you need/want? What more information will be helpful to you in any way, shape or form?

The truth would work.
  • Reply 9 of 71
    Apple responds to 6800 complaints!

Let the truth be heard!

Well, not exactly. They censored my complaints on their boards.

Think it was something I said?
  • Reply 10 of 71
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Let the truth be heard!

Keep spamming here and find out.
  • Reply 11 of 71
    Quote:

The truth would work.

The truth about what?
  • Reply 12 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cuilla

The truth about what?

Gee, something complicated like instead of changing dates and having them different for so many:

We are experiencing some problems with the 6800 (or whatever it is). We hope to have this resolved by the XXth and will go into full production and do our best to get these to you as soon as we possibly can. Orders will be shipped on a first in first out basis. Once we can go into production we will post accurate ship dates as soon as possible. If there are any further delays we will keep you aware.

Just a simple honest public statement from the source -v- rumors. Chris I don't know if your waiting for a 6800 or not. I am waiting for a 30" and the 6800 to go with a new G5. I went through "4 to 6 weeks" to no ship date at all for weeks to 9/30. The day after they were supposed to ship I get their generic answer of 10/29 or before. These ship dates now mean nothing to me. I think it time Apple or NVIDIA step up to the podium and just say what the situation is. What their best guess is and take responsibility for explaining if they again have to change it.

I am sitting on an $8,000.00 + decision. I have a couple of projects I would like, and I mean like to do on the G5. I have other places I could invest the money and reorder the G5 when Apple gets their act together. If I could base the 10/29 date on anything more than rumors and bad experience, if someone from Apple said here's the facts and here's what we hope to do I would be happy. The silence is deafening.

No more someone sitting at a key board punching in dates. Just the truth.
  • Reply 13 of 71
    Quote:

We are experiencing some problems with the 6800 (or whatever it is). We hope to have this resolved by the XXth and will go into full production and do our best to get these to you as soon as we possibly can. Orders will be shipped on a first in first out basis. Once we can go into production we will post accurate ship dates as soon as possible. If there are any further delays we will keep you aware.

Well, first of all, if you have a new ship date, then who cares about the rest of the information?

Quote:

I am waiting for a 30" and the 6800 to go with a new G5. I went through "4 to 6 weeks" to no ship date at all for weeks to 9/30. The day after they were supposed to ship I get their generic answer of 10/29 or before. These ship dates now mean nothing to me.

Now this is a different situation. You were burned once on a ship date, and you don't trust the new one. That I can understand. However, if they essentially screwed up and/or lied about the first date (and possibly this new date), what makes you think that them "stepping up to the podium" will produce any more reliable information? The new date you've received is their newest "best guess" (and perhaps better than a guess).

Quote:

I am sitting on an $8,000.00 + decision. I have a couple of projects I would like, and I mean like to do on the G5. I have other places I could invest the money and reorder the G5 when Apple gets their act together.

Then why don't you?

Quote:

If I could base the 10/29 date on anything more than rumors and bad experience, if someone from Apple said here's the facts and here's what we hope to do I would be happy. The silence is deafening.

Where did the 10/29 date come from? Apple? Then you have the "facts" from Apple. I don't really know what more you can expect from them.

I totally understand the frustration of the situation. But it seems unlikely that having any more information will change the circumstances much (if at all).

Just my humble opinion.
  • Reply 14 of 71
    cindercinder Posts: 381member
    Supposedly, the 9600 is being offered as a 'temp solution' and Apple will send the 6800 when it's released . . .

I'm also waiting on the 6800 - but I haven't ordered yet.

I was just waiting to hear that they were shipping before spending the money.
  • Reply 15 of 71
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Question to you "9600 until your 6800 comes" guys- Will you have to send that 9600 back to Apple, or is that your free piece of $100 hardware to then sell off when you get the 6800?
  • Reply 16 of 71
    leonardleonard Posts: 528member
    Quote:

Let the truth be heard!

Their discussion boards aren't for complaints, they're for technical discussions between Mac users.

If you want to complain, the best is to phone them.

I assume you either weren't offered the 9600 offer or you refused it since you ordered a 30" display.
  • Reply 17 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Question to you "9600 until your 6800 comes" guys- Will you have to send that 9600 back to Apple, or is that your free piece of $100 hardware to then sell off when you get the 6800?

just thinking the exact same thing
  • Reply 18 of 71
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    I check out 3 or 4 PC component reseller in the UK almost daily, and I have yet to see any nVidia 6800 Ultras in stock anywhere. I think its most likely an nVidia supply issue.

Its a shame Apple didn't offer a midrange 6800, or 6800 GT, which i can find easily.

Are the 6800Ultras easily available in the USA?
  • Reply 19 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

just thinking the exact same thing

No, I will keep my 9600 when the 6800 gets here. I will also take and sell it on either this forum or the other well known Mac forum.

As for Douglas, I believe he makes some legitimate points. Rather than berate him for venting his frustration with his fellow Mac community members, we should join in the complaint emails to both Apple and Nvidia. The only way for Apple to remain competitive (and thus remain in business - a good thing) is to be responsive to their bread and butter customer. And people like Douglas and myself (as well as others) who spend upwards of $8000 on a single order are their bread and butter (read high-margin).

My email has been sent.
  • Reply 20 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by cinder

Supposedly, the 9600 is being offered as a 'temp solution' and Apple will send the 6800 when it's released . . .

I'm also waiting on the 6800 - but I haven't ordered yet.

I was just waiting to hear that they were shipping before spending the money.

Where did you hear that? They havent offered me jack.