Apple plans special event next month, new iPods likely

Comments

• Reply 61 of 85
    apoderapoder Posts: 49member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

eventually i'll get banned from saying this all the time, but

new iBooks ???

podcasting is so awesome now, iTunes 4.9 makes it very very very easy. i couldn't understand wtf podcasting was and why it was such a big deal before, let alone download any podcasts \

I don't think we'll see any updates. At least not until this cram and jam deal is over. Does anyone know if Apple has released new hardware during this period (cram and jam). I mean it wouldn't make sense to start that kinda deal when you have new products (ibook) coming out that are gonna sell themselves.
  • Reply 62 of 85
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Apoder

I don't think we'll see any updates. At least not until this cram and jam deal is over. Does anyone know if Apple has released new hardware during this period (cram and jam). I mean it wouldn't make sense to start that kinda deal when you have new products (ibook) coming out that are gonna sell themselves.

yeah that's what i was thinking. it would be weird to start off cram and jam on 28th june and then release new iBooks like a week later.

so it means july 7th is just iTunes for mobile \

edit:

but in any case cram and jam has always gone on around this time (and adjusted accordingly for australia and new zealand to Dec-January back to skool/uni).... i think
  • Reply 63 of 85
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Now that the iPod cat is out of the bag, perhaps the mods should move this topic over to Future Hardware??

It sounds like this "next month announcement" should have more to do with iBooks and Mac minis.
  • Reply 64 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

Now that the iPod cat is out of the bag, perhaps the mods should move this topic over to Future Hardware??

It sounds like this "next month announcement" should have more to do with iBooks and Mac minis.

Speaking of future hardware, Apple is really boring me now. Pathetic upgrades on PowerBooks and iMacs; lousy new iPods that are just ipod photos with different back cases. Frankly, I wanna see something hot and new. Apple can you give me that before summers end?
  • Reply 65 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by damiansipko

Speaking of future hardware, Apple is really boring me now. Pathetic upgrades on PowerBooks and iMacs; lousy new iPods that are just ipod photos with different back cases. Frankly, I wanna see something hot and new. Apple can you give me that before summers end?

Dude; seriously, chill. They just released an all-new iMac, for one. They've been pumping out Tiger and working on the Intel switch, which they're making because IBM can't provide G5s fit for a new G5 PB. The "new" iPod isn't supposed to be new at all; they're just consolidating the iPod line and phasing out the old B&W iPods. Apple said it's still 4G; the 5G is coming. Apple just added podcasting to iTunes and iPod, a major change in the way people use audio content.

Hot and new? Apple's all about hot and new these days. You need to look around a little and calm down. Hypertension's a killer.

Apple's not Samsung. Samsung produces a new mediocre product every 42 minutes. Apple, on the other hand, takes the time to get the technology right and prepare the market for the emergence of new products that have substantial functional upgrades.
  • Reply 66 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cuilla

Okay, so 3 and 4 are out of the way. 1, 2 and 5 are still possible.

I'm Really hoping 5! Like an iTablet??? Fingers Crossed! :-)
  • Reply 67 of 85
    vishalcavishalca Posts: 11member
    All this speculation has made me weary of purchasing an iPod mini soon.....how soon do you all think colour screens will be implemented in it?

First post!
  • Reply 68 of 85
    fox houndfox hound Posts: 31member
    i reckon will see a 'iPod Video' 80GB soon, and i a couple of years they will drop the 'iPod Video' name (maybe making room for another line of ipod) and give the video features to the "ipod"
  • Reply 69 of 85
    celebi23celebi23 Posts: 23member
    http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/6...odphone8yf.png

Hints in iTunes of a new iPod and Movie Store coming soon

edit: sorry about the size
  • Reply 70 of 85
    celebi,

great job on examining the package contents, etc.

just a side note, try to keep the image sizes within 600pixels in width so as not to open up the table layout on the forum pages

thanks dude appreciate your consideration,

i will look at your post now
  • Reply 71 of 85
    celebi23celebi23 Posts: 23member
    edited to just show the link. sorry about the size
  • Reply 72 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by celebi23

edited to just show the link. sorry about the size

coolness
  • Reply 73 of 85
    pyrixpyrix Posts: 264member
    How about the Australian Music Store - if so it would be about bloody time! new ipods and everything would be great, but i want something to put on them.
  • Reply 74 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by pyriX

How about the Australian Music Store - if so it would be about bloody time! new ipods and everything would be great, but i want something to put on them.

too true mate, too true

*sigh*
  • Reply 75 of 85
    pyrixpyrix Posts: 264member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

too true mate, too true

*sigh*

Damn Straight its too true. according this to article - we're due for one.
  • Reply 76 of 85
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Patrik_L

Le figaro, one of the most well respected papers in France, says that the iPhone, a white e398, will be launched 4th of July.

http://hardmac.com/niouzcontenu.php?...005-06-25#4214

http://www.lefigaro.fr/eco-medias/20...87.html?224107

What impressed me most with the Le Figaro page were the numerous references to Paris2012 Olympic and the upcoming decision to kill off NYC in Singapore . Deep Impact also seems to have made a hit, if you will pardon the expression. {That's a Gauloise!)
  • Reply 77 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jamil

Then it definitely will be the iPhone!!

Right on! Especially if it looks anything like that hideous thing in the link above-- egad!

Of course, in keeping with my post above, they might be "Paris2012" iPods, in the Tricolour Blue, Red and Blanc, or emblazoned "U-too NYC, London, Madrid and Moscou"!
  • Reply 78 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by pyriX

I've been feeling the same about one in Japan prylX! Sure I can use the US, but what's the fun of having all those squiggly font things on my mac if I can't turn them into music!
  • Reply 79 of 85
    How bout a iTMS 1/2 billion celebration party???

I mean Apple knows about how many songs they sell a day and when they sell the 1/2 billionth song... maybe its true!
  • Reply 80 of 85
    a/uxa/ux Posts: 38member
    So, no iPod Phone yesterday as reported here:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1163

This is a product that obviously exists (Photos, etc.) and is very near to release (Cingular deal, etc.). When will we see it?

My vote is for a joint Apple/Cingular/Motorola release party somewhere in August in time for the back-to-school rush. Any other prognosticators want to venture a guess?