Shipping Dates for Mac Book Pro

Comments

• Reply 61 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by Blackcat

The tortoise has reached the Netherlands.

WAT?! WHERE???? when?

how do you know?
  • Reply 62 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by MikeVonkPro

WAT?! WHERE???? when?

how do you know?

TNT package tracking

It's at Arnhem Hub now!
  • Reply 63 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by Blackcat

TNT package tracking

It's at Arnhem Hub now!

i just got off the phone with my local store. He sais not to have them untill next week. He did tell me that I was one of he first in line. That kept me from crying
  • Reply 64 of 115
    Does anyone know if they are even on display at Apple stores?

Thanks,

Henry Ledgard
  • Reply 65 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by hledgard

Does anyone know if they are even on display at Apple stores?

Thanks,

Henry Ledgard

Yes, atleast in Cincinnati, Ohio. They had three on display, none for sale yet.
  • Reply 66 of 115
    My FedEx page says it's shipping from - get this - Anchorage. I live in the Northeast U.S.

Just a quick question, though; Does anyone know what "initial shipping release" means?
  • Reply 67 of 115
    They just got them in at the Apple Store at Bay Street in Emeryville (that's across the bay from San Francisco, where they've had them for about a week now). I also just ordered one today, and have a shipping date of March 24 (w/ delivery expected on the 29th), although I'm expecting to get bumped up like everyone else is.

Aggghh! I can't wait! I've been stuck with an old iMac for almost four years now, it's gonna be great to get a top of the line machine like the MacBook Pro...
  • Reply 68 of 115
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    The Tortoise has reached Northampton.
  • Reply 69 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegreatluke

My FedEx page says it's shipping from - get this - Anchorage. I live in the Northeast U.S.

All the flights from Shanghai are going through Anchorage, so far as I know.

Quote:

Just a quick question, though; Does anyone know what "initial shipping release" means?

I thought it meant "International shipping release." In any case, I'm not sure exactly what it means, but it's the step before "Departed FedEx location," so that's good.
  • Reply 70 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by Purgatory

All the flights from Shanghai are going through Anchorage, so far as I know.

I thought it meant "International shipping release." In any case, I'm not sure exactly what it means, but it's the step before "Departed FedEx location," so that's good.

Oh, thanks! You're probably right that it's "international," not "initial." I dom't know why I thought "initial."

Yeah, my FedEx was updated to say "Departed from location" in NJ. I guess they're sending it to a closer location.

Unfortunately, it's Saturday, so I'll probably be getting it on Monday. At least it's not Thursday the 2nd as they quoted me!
  • Reply 71 of 115
    I ordered mine on the 18th from amazon, 1.83 ghz stock and shipping estimated for April 24. If amazon if the leading mac reseller, why is it that the guy from pcconnection is getting his in like 2 weeks. Or is my date bogus. Should I be ordering one from pcconnection right now?
  • Reply 72 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

The Tortoise has reached Northampton.

Mine has reached Bristol!
  • Reply 73 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by tman87

I ordered mine on the 18th from amazon, 1.83 ghz stock and shipping estimated for April 24. If amazon if the leading mac reseller, why is it that the guy from pcconnection is getting his in like 2 weeks. Or is my date bogus. Should I be ordering one from pcconnection right now?

Well Amazon has been really slow with the MBPs. Also, it seems that the 2.0 Ghz models are shipping sooner for most people, so that could also factor into it. If you've just placed your order, I'd cancel it and go with a faster retailer.
  • Reply 74 of 115
    mine has arrived at my local fed ex. i should be getting it either tomorrow or tuesday! lets hope for tomorrow! =)
  • Reply 75 of 115
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    ON. THE. VAN.
  • Reply 76 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

ON. THE. VAN.

Ditto!

It left at 6.50am so should be here soon.
  • Reply 77 of 115
    Yesterday, my package arrived at the "destination sorting facility" at 5:40 AM. Does that mean I'll get it today?
  • Reply 78 of 115
    Quote:

Yesterday, my package arrived at the "destination sorting facility" at 5:40 AM. Does that mean I'll get it today?

Mine changed to "Out for delivery" after it reached the depot, but if your sorting facility is near you, possibly!
  • Reply 79 of 115
    Thanks!

How long did it take to change from "dest sort facility" to "out for delivery" and were there any steps in between?

I have to leave for school in fifteen minutes and I'm really hoping it's there by the time I come back. :P
  • Reply 80 of 115
    Quote:

Thanks!

How long did it take to change from "dest sort facility" to "out for delivery" and were there any steps in between?

I have to leave for school in fifteen minutes and I'm really hoping it's there by the time I come back. :P

Bizarrely it took 48 hours, but that may be due to the weekend.

(Still not here)