News Flash: Apple to hold press event next Thursday

Comments

• Reply 41 of 210
    fuyutsukifuyutsuki Posts: 293member
    Quote:

Originally posted by minderbinder

What do you mean? This IS in the new MPB 17. Apple hasn't announced it or listed it on their site, but it has been confirmed by a number of 17 owners.

Cool. I hope that's right. It's such an obvious feature since the Mighty Mouse that I was surprised the 15 incher shipped without it.
  • Reply 42 of 210
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Thataboy

Well keep in mind that Appleinsider labels this as a "briefing" with "limited" attendance. This is not a "big event." It is perfectly reasonable to hold a limited-attendance press briefing about just a FLAGSHIP store in midtown Manhattan with the glorious glass cube. It's a newsworthy event, so they want the NY Times to write something up nice to show up Friday, so the public can read it and check it out after work

The Intel Mac mini/iPod HiFi event also had limited attendance and was held in a small auditorium on the Apple campus. Quite different from events of the past. They are going to have something new on display at the Flagship store. They want long lines the following day. A bunch of people scattered outside the entrance staring at the cube may feed Jobs' ego but not Apple's bottom line. They want to have enough stock to meet demand and they want something to get people into the store. The MacBook went into production two weeks ago so the timing is perfect.
  • Reply 43 of 210
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1984

They are going to have something new on display at the Flagship store. They want long lines the following day.

Giving away free iPod shuffles to the first 500 people will accomplish the same thing.
  • Reply 44 of 210
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    MacBooks on the Tuesday before makes sense because it gives Apple time to ship it to it's stores for availability by Friday, or in the case of the new Mega-store, Thursday night
  • Reply 45 of 210
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Don't worry,

I am sure that the giant glass cube is merely a cover for the RDF 2.0!!

When The Steve stand directly under it his native RDF will be amplified to gigantic proportions this will have the added side effect of projecting a gigantic apple logo on the sky!!!!!

I can already feel initial RDF getting stronger.

• Reply 46 of 210
    minderbinderminderbinder Posts: 1,703member
    Quote:

Originally posted by icfireball

MacBooks on the Tuesday before makes sense because it gives Apple time to ship it to it's stores for availability by Friday, or in the case of the new Mega-store, Thursday night

The mega store opens friday night. And apple doesn't need *any* time between the announcement and availability in stores, they've shipped new product to stores in advance of the announcement in the past. For all we know, they're en route to apple stores already.
  • Reply 47 of 210
    One thing is for certain though, if there is a Tuesday launch of the MacBook, more than likely the Apple Stores will all have a plentiful supply. Based off from the demand on these boards, I don't think there is going to be many left when it does get launched.
  • Reply 48 of 210
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

Don't worry,

I am sure that the giant glass cube is merely a cover for the RDF 2.0!!

When The Steve stand directly under it his native RDF will be amplified to gigantic proportions this will have the added side effect of projecting a gigantic apple logo on the sky!!!!!

I can already feel initial RDF getting stronger.

It's affecting the weather. Isn't it supposed to be cool and rainy this weekend in the big APPLE, in preparation for the arrival of the steve in his black turtleneck.
  • Reply 49 of 210
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook
  • Reply 50 of 210
    Believe it or not I dreamt last night I was in a group of people being given a special presentation by Steve Jobs. Yeah, kind of weird in a scary kind of way. Oh, and did I mention Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook?
  • Reply 51 of 210
    Originally posted by MonaLisa

Say it, brother! I wish all the gaming geeks whining about integrated graphics would go buy a PC and quit filling Mac boards with their incessant noise.

Heh. I have been guilty many times on this count. I do have a PC where I can play games (nVidia 6600GT 128mb DDR3 vram 500mhz OC'ed to 567mhz, DirectX 9.0c support YEAHHHHHHH) A Macbook with integrated graphics would still suck ass though.
  • Reply 52 of 210
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook?

Now this getting a little creepy.
  • Reply 53 of 210
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    tower tower tower tower, etc....
  • Reply 54 of 210
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JeffDM

Yeah, look at where it's coming from.
  • Reply 55 of 210
    I can't help relate sunilraman's post to an addictive net fad...

Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook

Mushroom. Mushroom.

Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook

Mushroom, mushroom!

Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook

Mushroom! Mushroom!

Mushroom mushroom!

Ahh! Snake, a snake! Snaaaake! Snaaaaaaake! Ohhhh, it's a snaaaake!
  • Reply 56 of 210
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:

Originally posted by inferno10

I can't help relate sunilraman's post to an addictive net fad...

Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook Macbook

Mushroom. Mushroom.

Mushroom, mushroom!

Mushroom! Mushroom!

Mushroom mushroom!

Ahh! Snake, a snake! Snaaaake! Snaaaaaaake! Ohhhh, it's a snaaaake!

And just how long did you wait to make this your first post?
  • Reply 57 of 210
    Originally posted by JeffDM

• Reply 58 of 210
    Originally posted by minderbinder

...They've shipped new product to stores in advance of the announcement in the past. For all we know, they're en route to apple stores already...

OMFG OMFG The MacBook is already in the NYC Apple Store and Apple Stores across the US!! **goes into ecstatic convulsions**

edit:

Boy I really need to get a handle on my recent[?] MacBook fetish.
  • Reply 59 of 210
    18th of MAY!!!

thats my Birthday!!

wheres my fruggin INVITE!

Rod
  • Reply 60 of 210
    Originally posted by Trendannoyer

18th of MAY!!!

thats my Birthday!!

wheres my fruggin INVITE!

Rod

Happy Birthday mate (in advance) !!!! w000t!!!