Apple Store shoppers rescued from glass elevator

Comments

• Reply 21 of 77
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

Thats it. I'm visiting a Dell store.

I wouldn't recommend it.

The elevator at the DELL store is made of cheap plastic and has lots of very sharp, exposed metal inside. But don't worry, if you get stuck or impaled, there is a phone inside that will connect you to technical support in some 3rd world country.
  • Reply 22 of 77
    Quote:

Originally posted by mynamehere

You have to pay extra for their elevator, and it's made of ugly plastic.

You beat me by 1 minute.

and by the way, what were you doing at the DELL store?
  • Reply 23 of 77
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    Phish is a joke, and most of their fans are losers, commonly referred to as "wookies" because they are smelly and hairy.

If you Google "Fishhead Music" you'll see that it applies to a band that's been around much longer than Phish, and still plays over 100 shows per year, and that is The Radiators.

http://www.RadsFans.net

Most fans of the Radiators like the other bands you mentioned, such as WSP. Check 'em out some time.

Quote:

Originally posted by zac4mac

This is completely OT, but I couldn't help myself after reading "Former Lurker"'s title,

I live near Boulder and saw a bumper sticker a few years back that cracked me up...

Jerry's dead

Fish sucks

Get a job

Don't get me wrong - love the Dead, Anastasio rocks(but I think Fish is a little weird), really love Widespread Panic...

Z

• Reply 24 of 77
    Quote:

Originally posted by inferno10

I don't think those people trapped would have any kinky action like normal "trapped in the elevator" situations...

Just what I was thinking. Imagine your dream comes true and you get trapped in a lift (that's what they're called over here) with that someone you've always fancied but hadn't yet quite dared to approach physically - and then you find yourself in a bloody glass cage with a 1000 people staring at you from all sides.
  • Reply 25 of 77
    Quote:

Originally posted by drakethegreat

Not that humble of an opinion...

While you are right about certain people needing it, these kids didn't have any infants and although I don't know for sure but I doubt any of them had any medical conditions that wouldn't allow them to scale one flight of stairs. Keep in mind he didn't mention those with disablities.

Ah, common sense - thank you.
  • Reply 26 of 77
    Quote:

Originally posted by fahlman

He said "Anyone".

No, I said "anyone who isn't disabled" - so IMNSHO you need to work on your reading comprehension - and I'm SOOOO sorry for forgetting to include people with infants in strollers in my disclaimer.

• Reply 27 of 77
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Johnny Mozzarella

You beat me by 1 minute.

and by the way, what were you doing at the DELL store?

Maybe looking for products that don't typecast the owner as elitist?
  • Reply 28 of 77
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    It must be very odd riding in that elevator, especially if the floor is also glass. You basically are riding in a levitating fishbowl. Being stuck would be even worse.

But I agree. Too many people use elevators out of laziness. The building I work in is 3 floors, and I often see perfectly healthy employees taking the elevator DOWN one floor. Damn, people. Move your legs and let gravity do the rest.
  • Reply 29 of 77
    rinninrinnin Posts: 22member
    So did these little lazy sh*ts actually buy anything?
  • Reply 30 of 77
    o4blackwrxo4blackwrx Posts: 383member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FormerLurker

and I'm SOOOO sorry for forgetting to include people with infants in strollers in my disclaimer.

Don't forget expecting mothers too because you know they get to park closer too...
  • Reply 31 of 77
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    I don't trust elevators or escalators. The stories you hear about people falling into moving stairs that collapse under them and rip them apart and people being trapped in lifts for hours. I take the stairs anyday even if it's 20 floors.

What would happen if you were really bursting to go to the toilet and you'd just taken the elevator to get up quicker. Then it gets stuck and you have the whole street watching. Plus if somebody farts, man you are really stuck because it's not like you can get out at the next floor.
  • Reply 32 of 77
    wnursewnurse Posts: 427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drakethegreat

Not that humble of an opinion...

While you are right about certain people needing it, these kids didn't have any infants and although I don't know for sure but I doubt any of them had any medical conditions that wouldn't allow them to scale one flight of stairs. Keep in mind he didn't mention those with disablities.

Aah, yes.. only apple fans can spin a story abouta defective structure, meant to transport people from point A to point B and blame the victims using that structure when it malfunctions. It's quite a unique ability of Apple fanatics. No where else have i noticed this rare ability. Hmmm.. lets see, i take the elevator cause I FEEL like it and it's my fault if it breaks down. Trying to digest that one.. i'll get back to ya'll when it starts making sense.
  • Reply 33 of 77
    takeotakeo Posts: 446member
    Ok... my question is... what kind of school field trip involves going shopping?! LOL. My school trips... back in the day... usually involved going to museums or the zoo or a science / discovery center or whatever... not shopping at the Apple Store :P

p.s. I know I know... I'm sure the point of the trip was not to go shopping... they were probably on a break or whatever.
  • Reply 35 of 77
    Quote:

Originally posted by FormerLurker

I've been wondering how long it would take before this happened.

Anyone who isn't disabled and gets stuck on an elevator that they took instead of walking a single flight of stairs got exactly what they deserved, IMHO.

Although these kids probably just took the elevator to see how "COOL" it was.

You are despicable. Blaming the kids when there are so many other deserving people. Did you stop to think if they took the stairs, they may have fallen and broken an ankle?.. huh, you thoughtless person!!!.. besides, lets examine who the real culprits are

1. Otis elevator company. They just wanted to make apple look bad and installed a defective elevator

2. Microsoft. They secretly penetrated the otis elevator company and planted a technician who installed the defective elevator

3. Dell. They sent an undercover operative in the store who secretly and with malice, did something to the elevator to cause it to malfunction

4. A disgruntled apple employee. I hope Steve finds out who he/she is and grill them on his backyard George Foreman grill.

5. IBM. The installed software that controls the elevator and caused it to malfunction with kids in it.. Take that apple, screw you for ditching us.

So as you can see.. the kids did not deserve what happened to them. I contend had they walked, they all would have slipped and broken their ankles and then sued apple for millions. Thank god they were only trapped in an elevator!. Besides, everyone needs to be trapped in a glass elevator once in a while. I say, apple should program the system to trap people every now and then. It teaches one of life great lessons. What is that you say?. The feeling of being caged and on display, like an animal in a zoo. I hope those kids thanked Steve after their experience.

(btw, I am a big fan of the Colbert Report. Can you tell by my style of writing?).
  • Reply 36 of 77
    Breaking news. It now appears that everyone who was involved in this elevator fiasco were working together.. it's a huge conspiracy folks

Otis elevator company wanted to make apple look bad but did not want apple to trace the defective elevator to them so they contacted microsoft, a known apple enemy. Microsoft then infiltrated the otis elevator company where their technician installed a device that could disable the elevator at will. Microsoft then got their lapdog Dell computers to send an undercover agent to activate the device. A disgruntled apple employee saw the whole thing and assisted in the operation. This disgruntled employee was really an ibm undercover agent and upon realizing the plot, disclosed to microsoft the software used to control the elevator upon which microsoft was able to build the device that could disable the elevator at will.

Bastards!!!!
  • Reply 37 of 77
    You know you're a Mac freak when some kids get stuck in an elevator at a Mac store and you call them lazy for not taking the stairs.
  • Reply 38 of 77
    jdhouse4jdhouse4 Posts: 7member
    This must have been a very, very slow news day for such a silly article to make it on AppleInsider. There is very little that is "insider" here other than the fact that these visitors were stuck inside an elevator. Folks, this does happen.

I for one would like to know where my next gen video iPod is? Now that would be news!8)
  • Reply 39 of 77
    Quote:

Originally posted by wnurse

Microsoft then infiltrated the otis elevator company where their technician installed a device that could disable the elevator at will.

You mean they let it run under windows?
  • Reply 40 of 77
    jdhouse4jdhouse4 Posts: 7member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jobberwacky

You mean they let it run under windows?

Touché.

Perhaps it was Vista?