Post your 2006 ProMac mock-ups here!!

Comments

• Reply 201 of 242
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Did anybody see the Apple Insider article with fiddy cent?!?

Dude our Pimp Mac+Fiddy idea was dead on.
  • Reply 202 of 242
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Originally posted by gar

sunilraman: you are a visionaire

50 Cent turns to Apple for Mac deal

HOLY F**K WHAT CAN I SAY. I FU**ING TAPPED INTO THE GLOBAL CONSCIOUSNESS MAN. Awesome. Just bloody awesome.

A while back:

Sunilraman:

"You know with kids nowadays and their bling bling and getting jiggy wit it and get rich or die tryin and stuff."

[pimped mac mockup shown, without 50cent in it]

SpamSandwich:

Hilarious. You don't suppose they'll create a signature "50 Cent" edition... for $599.50?

"Hiphop rap star 50 Cent is currently in negotiations with Apple's CEO Steve Jobs to produce a line of affordable home computers to inner-city residents, according to a new report. Referencing a report from Forbes, the popular rapper is negotiating the branding deal with the computer /software giant."

And before all of this came out, yeah, guess who made this mockup: (image below)

YEAH BIATTCHHES....! Muah aha ha ha ha ha ha. F**KING AWESOME. Thanks to SpamSandwich and all the others supporting the "Pimped Mac" movement....!

YEAH..
  • Reply 203 of 242
    Originally posted by icfireball

Did anybody see the Apple Insider article with fiddy cent?!?

Dude our Pimp Mac+Fiddy idea was dead on.

Word. Vindication never felt soooo good
  • Reply 204 of 242
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Mac. For writin' letterz n shit!
  • Reply 205 of 242
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

Mac. For writin' letterz n shit!

• Reply 206 of 242
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Obligatory:

• Reply 207 of 242
    OMFG ROFLMAO
  • Reply 208 of 242
    sorry... thought it was amusing! Still would have liked to have seen the pics, kinda like watching a car accident or the ugliest woman you've ever seen strut her stuff in spandex and a bikini top ....
  • Reply 209 of 242
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Suni's not being sarcastic, he's always been a little exuberent.
  • Reply 210 of 242
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Obligatory:

• Reply 211 of 242
    Exuberant I am, at times of inspiration and happy happiness.

Inspired by Placebo: (image below)

• Reply 212 of 242
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    wtf, only white ho's?
  • Reply 213 of 242
    They're all orange ho's, yo.
  • Reply 214 of 242
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

They're all orange ho's, yo.

so these are dutch soccer ho's
  • Reply 215 of 242
    yoseyose Posts: 62member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gar

so these are dutch soccer ho's

HA!
  • Reply 216 of 242
    dgnr8dgnr8 Posts: 196member
    Just my 2 cents....

The MacBook Pro didn't change on the overall design but rather only on minor things then it would stand to reason that the Mac Pro should stay the same just minor updates to the case.

Actually the only Apple PC to get a complete redesign was the iBook to the MacBook.

The iMac, Mac Mini and MacBook Pro only received minor changes, so wouldn't you think the Mac Pro would be the same with only minor changes?
  • Reply 217 of 242
    netdognetdog Posts: 244member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DGNR8

Just my 2 cents....

The MacBook Pro didn't change on the overall design but rather only on minor things then it would stand to reason that the Mac Pro should stay the same just minor updates to the case.

Actually the only Apple PC to get a complete redesign was the iBook to the MacBook.

The iMac, Mac Mini and MacBook Pro only received minor changes, so wouldn't you think the Mac Pro would be the same with only minor changes?

The iMac, MBP and Mini were all released relatively quickly. The MB had more time, and hence adequate time for a thorough redesign. I expect that the Mac Pro will also have a major redesign, although who really knows?
  • Reply 218 of 242
    imacfanimacfan Posts: 444member
    All of the intel Macs have been extensively redesigned - it's just that Apple chose to keep the same exterior appearance for the iMac and Powerbook.

David
  • Reply 219 of 242
    Quote:

Originally posted by iMacfan

All of the intel Macs have been extensively redesigned - it's just that Apple chose to keep the same exterior appearance for the iMac and Powerbook.

David

Ummm yea.

I would think by the title of this thread " Post your 2006 ProMac mock-ups here!!" we were talking about the exterior. It is a no-brainer that the internals would be completely redesigned.

You also forgot the MacMini along with iMac and Powerbook.

I think the only reason the MacBook got a redesign in the first place is because of the widescreen.
  • Reply 220 of 242
    Quote:

Originally posted by netdog

The iMac, MBP and Mini were all released relatively quickly. The MB had more time, and hence adequate time for a thorough redesign. I expect that the Mac Pro will also have a major redesign, although who really knows?

They have had more than enough time to redesign the entire product line. If you think about it the MacBook Pro had extensive re-tooling for the mods to the case. So saying, not enough time, it would not be that much more time to redesign the case. There is no telling how long Apple knew there was going to be a transition prior to public release of the transition information. So it would stand to reason that they were happy with the current designs.

As far as the MacBook it would be more cost effective and less time consuming to have a fresh design than reworking the old one especially for the wide screen.