"NEW MIGHTY MOUSE" Someone has to do it??

Comments

• Reply 61 of 130
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    They also had a patent for a mouse with what looked like a small iPod scrollwheel on the top.
  • Reply 62 of 130
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

They also had a patent for a mouse with what looked like a small iPod scrollwheel on the top.

Yup.
  • Reply 63 of 130
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

You mean this:

The problem with this concept is it only allows for up and down scrolling which wont cut it these days.

p.s. Chucker, you stole my ego, damn you.
  • Reply 64 of 130
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

p.s. Chucker, you stole my ego, damn you.

• Reply 65 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

• Reply 66 of 130
    rjpottsrjpotts Posts: 9member
  • Reply 67 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by rjpotts

Get rid of that blazing scrollball. And the clickwhell doesn't allow for right left scrolling. Don't mean to be blunt, but you no designer.
  • Reply 68 of 130
    dansgildansgil Posts: 62member
    I have a Logitech V500 Mouse, and it has a touch scroll pad (up/down, left/right) and to be honest it is not so great. I accidentally touch it too many times and end up jumping to the bottom of the page. I much prefer the little ball on the Mighty Mouse.
  • Reply 69 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by dansgil

I have a Logitech V500 Mouse, and it has a touch scroll pad (up/down, left/right) and to be honest it is not so great. I accidentally touch it too many times and end up jumping to the bottom of the page. I much prefer the little ball on the Mighty Mouse.

Good one.
  • Reply 70 of 130
    I haven't seen you churn out any brilliant masterpieces yet.
  • Reply 71 of 130
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    {Nevermind}
  • Reply 72 of 130
    Quote:

That worked thanks, I got Gimp installed too, but I'm clueless in this app.

use it a liittle every day and you'll get there
  • Reply 73 of 130
    Quote:

Get rid of that blazing scrollball. And the clickwhell doesn't allow for right left scrolling. Don't mean to be blunt, but you no designer.

come on now, that IS blunt you ask for designs and then you slag em off i asks ya??

and you CAN use the scroll wheel for...

sideways scrolling = put finger on left scroll OVER top to the right.

you could have STARTING ON THE LEFT going UNDER to the right mean somthing else or mean exactly the same thing

up down = start finger at top, move finger down and to the right for down, just like the ipod.

its all in the implementation... think different? no, think a little

im not saying its the best way, just that it IS possible

RE implementation, i dont have a mighty mouse, nor dont intent to get one unless it comes free with my imac but if as i understand it there are side buttons that are user asignable, couldnt an ordinary wheel be used, and when you want to scroll horizonatally you press the side button (with thumb) and wheel becomes a sideways scroller ...

again not perfect, but saves the problems with the ball.
  • Reply 74 of 130
    lotharsnllotharsnl Posts: 113member
    Quote:

Leave it to Apple to pioneer a ridiculously complex and faulty solution to a nonexistent problem.

I think that's the first time I've ever heard someone suggest this about Apple.
  • Reply 75 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by Trendannoyer

come on now, that IS blunt you ask for designs and then you slag em off i asks ya??

I suggested a specific design because I though it might be an improvment upon the current design, BUT, what is that thing? I never suggested such a thing. Apple's wouldn't make anything like that, sorry for hurting someone's feelings, but the truth hurts sometimes.
  • Reply 76 of 130
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Quote:

I suggested a specific design because I though it might be an improvment upon the current design, BUT, what is that thing? I never suggested such a thing. Apple's wouldn't make anything like that, sorry for hurting someone's feelings, but the truth hurts sometimes.

It's a pipe-dream anyway, Apple would never include a mouse as expensive as the one you suggested. This is probably why they (according to above posts) came up with and then abandoned other, similar, designs.
  • Reply 77 of 130
    macinjoshmacinjosh Posts: 40member
    Why rest your finger ON something, when you could rest your index finger IN something? Why repetitively push and scroll, when you could repetitively use this interface, which I call the "iHole"

• Reply 78 of 130
    banalltvbanalltv Posts: 238member
    Drat...
  • Reply 79 of 130
    banalltvbanalltv Posts: 238member
    How come I can't post an attachment?
  • Reply 80 of 130
    Haha, you suck at the internet.

Try here.