Got your MBP C2D? Let us know....

Comments

• Reply 141 of 173
    Ordered my 17" MBP C2D 160GB 2GB Matte from Mac Mall on Oct 31 and they have told me they won't be getting anymore in until Nov 17th.
  • Reply 142 of 173
    Ordered a 17" MBP C2D on my birthday (Halloween), and although I didn't get an email about the delay, it currently says Ship by: Nov 15th.....gah!!

After being in the PC biz since 8088s with crummy monochrome monitors, this is my first Mac....and I hate waiting! My Dell is anxiously awaiting it's replacement!

I did get the AppleCare for it, and it says it 'shipped'...will there actually be a box or something I get for it?
  • Reply 143 of 173
    My MBP (15" 2.16GHz 160GB) arrived on Wednesday. Problems started Thursday (display went weird - white lines, double-imaging). Phoned Apple today (friday), returning soon, new MBP being CTO and sent to me, ETA 22 November.
  • Reply 144 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. A

I just noticed today that when I plug in the power adapter, the battery remains at 98% and does not go to 10%. The first 1-2 days, I remember seeing 100% but today, it remains on 98% and it doesnt even show that it is charging. if I choose the setting time, it shows charged but if I change the setting to percentage, it shows 98% and the icon shows plugged in and not charging. Is anyone else seeing it happen? Any ideas to how to fix this?

It's a feature, and an important one. Trying to repetitively recharge an already charged (read: 90% and up) Li-Ion battery supposedly reduces its lifetime.

The battery controller won't start recharging unless this drops below 95% or so.

I believe some IBM ThinkPads even allowed the user to control this threshold.
  • Reply 145 of 173
    I just got my 15 incher (2.33 gHz) tonight. It is perfect out of the box (e.g. no dead pixels, etc...), and seems to run cooler than the 15 inch Powerbook it replaced (so far, I've been installing software and getting the new Mac ready to run). We'll see how it does on Aperture, Final Cut Pro, etc... once I get everything on here and really start using it. I won the "hard disk lottery" with a 120 gb Hitachi drive (which uses perpendicular recording) - some people have been getting 120 gb drives that use longitudinal recording (which some sources say are slower). Anyway, nice machine, more impressions later once I finish setting up.

-Dan
  • Reply 146 of 173
    Ditto.

1 week from Friday night order; awesome machine. Fast.

Perp. drive. w00t
  • Reply 147 of 173
    what about battery life, how long could it last?
  • Reply 148 of 173
    Well, i just went into a Best Buy shop on 5th in NY, and took one of the machines in stock. A standard 2.16 with matte screen. I'll add another gig later on, i took it back to the hotel, let it charge, and started it (in fact this post is done on it using the hotels' Wifi).

The machine is completely silent, the fans have not kicked in once yet, the battery stated that it would work 3 hours, but it still has more than 2 hours left while i've been working already more than one hour. Very snappy, not significantly warmer than my old titanium G4, and it's been on my lap for over an hour.

Very good machine, pleasant keyboard, you can all go and buy some !

Pierre
  • Reply 149 of 173
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    My 15" MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz Non BTO came on friday (finally).

I agree wit teufel: It's a laptop

The MacBook revA is hotter.
  • Reply 150 of 173
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dan Wells

I just got my 15 incher (2.33 gHz) tonight. It is perfect out of the box (e.g. no dead pixels, etc...), and seems to run cooler than the 15 inch Powerbook it replaced (so far, I've been installing software and getting the new Mac ready to run). We'll see how it does on Aperture, Final Cut Pro, etc... once I get everything on here and really start using it. I won the "hard disk lottery" with a 120 gb Hitachi drive (which uses perpendicular recording) - some people have been getting 120 gb drives that use longitudinal recording (which some sources say are slower). Anyway, nice machine, more impressions later once I finish setting up.

-Dan

Mine is much cooler too. MUCH. I can even put it on a pillow.
  • Reply 151 of 173
    This is my first post and I just want to say Hello to everybody on this forum.

I got my 2.33/2/160/15.4 MacbookPro a few days ago. It was a great machine. I noticed that it didn’t level on any hard surface and was getting very hot after a few minutes of being on. Today I can"t turn it on.

Has anyone else experienced any of these problems?
  • Reply 152 of 173
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChemicalFreak

This is my first post and I just want to say Hello to everybody on this forum.

I got my 2.33/2/160/15.4 MacbookPro a few days ago. It was a great machine. I noticed that it didn’t level on any hard surface and was getting very hot after a few minutes of being on. Today I can"t turn it on.

Has anyone else experienced any of these problems?

Somethings way wrong with that machine. Call Apple and send it back. I got the base model with the 2.16/2/120/15.4 and mine is cool to the touch at all times (well, occasionally warm but easily a laptop).
  • Reply 153 of 173
    saudsaud Posts: 75member
    my MBP C2D (2.16ghz) has a slight problem.. the wireless card doesnt seem so good. not that good signal.

and the other problem that when i charge the battery, i feel the corners of the laptop has some electric leakage.. i feel slightly "electrified" ... u know what i mean?
  • Reply 154 of 173
    After roughly a week with mine, I have to say I'm still absolutely in love. The machine is gorgeous, surprisingly portable, and simply exceptional in everything I've asked it to do.

One question, though - after creating an XP partition, is there any way to make it larger without re-formating?
  • Reply 155 of 173
    It's official. TNT lost my laptop and Apple is sending me a new one. Now I can wait again...
  • Reply 156 of 173
    I know that these new Macbook Pro's C@D have wireless n present but disabled; does anyone know how to find out so I can confirm if mine also is wireless n capable.
  • Reply 157 of 173
    kzelk4kzelk4 Posts: 100member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tygernoot

It's official. TNT lost my laptop and Apple is sending me a new one. Now I can wait again...

Lost? Or stole? haha..
  • Reply 158 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackwave

After roughly a week with mine, I have to say I'm still absolutely in love. The machine is gorgeous, surprisingly portable, and simply exceptional in everything I've asked it to do.

One question, though - after creating an XP partition, is there any way to make it larger without re-formating?

There is a "diskutil resizeVolume" command (which I think is what Boot Camp uses), but you need to search the discussion forums here and do some research to see if it will do what you want and non-destructively to both volumes.

Steve
  • Reply 159 of 173
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by demenas

There is a "diskutil resizeVolume" command (which I think is what Boot Camp uses), but you need to search the discussion forums here and do some research to see if it will do what you want and non-destructively to both volumes.

Steve

diskutil resizeVolume is largely unfinished at this point and feels somewhat rushed. That said, it is very unlikely to cause damage because it's very (over)zealous at making sure the operation will be safe. I've never had it do any damage. Rather, it frustratingly often thinks it can't proceed when it would be able to.
  • Reply 160 of 173
    Just received a notice my 17" MacBook Pro will be delayed from a few days to one week! Hope it's in good order.