zeph

About

Username
zeph
Joined
Visits
0
Last Active
-
Roles
member
Badges
0
Posts
133

Comments

  • Funny how AI suggests there was speculation about the A7 being manufactured by TSMC. The only such speculation I have found was by AI, and was reposted by a few others.
  • So now that it is known the A7 is in fact manufactured by Samsung, we are left with an embarrassing but hugely entertaining piece of conjecture that only served to reinforce the beliefs of Apple enthusiasts? It was fun to read, though. Now, AI, go…
  • [quote] Apple saw its own mobile division see major changes late last year with the departure of iOS chief Scott Forstall. That led to head designer Jony Ive taking control of Apple's iPhone and iPad operating system, leading to a major overhaul in …
  • Well, I'll get a new iPhone (or equivalent) when we renew our plan (or switch carriers), and sticking Linux on the old iPhone is merely to satisfy my inner geek. Not much interested in Android, I'd like to get Ubuntu Mobile working on it, but the ab…
  • AT&T says so. It is standard procedure. https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/ Could you elaborate on "not gonna happen"?
  • If you don't want to lose the MacPro, let Apple know: http://www.apple.com/feedback/macpro.html
  • Quote: Originally Posted by Marvin If people want good price/performance, they need to get an over-clocked PC dedicated to rendering and/or gaming. Word.
    in New Mac Pro Comment by zeph October 2011
  • .......
    in New Mac Pro Comment by zeph October 2011
  • I thought it over and concluded that Ivy Bridge is gonna be much bigger leap forward than Sandy Bridge. Early next year I'll upgrade the cpu and I should be good until Ivy Bridge is here. If Apple does not offer a new MacPro I'll keep the '09 and ge…
    in New Mac Pro Comment by zeph October 2011
  • Quote: Originally Posted by wizard69 Personally I've done a 180 on processor upgrades. These days the benefits weighed against the cost seem to indicate that waiting for a next generation machine is the smarter move. Quote: Originally Posted…
    in New Mac Pro Comment by zeph October 2011
  • Quote: Originally Posted by hmm If hard drive speed and SSDs are a concern of yours, the mac pro does not seem to have 6Gb/s SATA implemented yet. This feeds into what I was saying before. An updated machine "could" make the older ones feel very …
    in New Mac Pro Comment by zeph October 2011
  • Quote: Originally Posted by hmm Bleh no love Sorry if you felt left out, man. I use a MacPro but only for audio. I am amazed at how the iPhone has usurped so many of what was previously desktop duties. For work nothing but a MacPro wil…
  • @Wizard69: I don't feel like quoting your lengthy posts and go over every single point, but to recap: You say Apple is missing out on a huge opportunity by not offering the xMac. Fact: all computer sales are down and declining. Only Apple's…
  • Quote: Originally Posted by snoopy What you and others are saying is that Apple knows best. However, Apple is not the only company doing market research to find out what customers want. All PC makers do this, and make what customers desire most…
  • Quote: Originally Posted by wizard69 The problem with that split, which I don't believe is actually 70/30, is that Apple is getting very little of that 30% market if any. There is huge potential in that 30% of the PC market, even if Apple only …
  • Quote: Originally Posted by MacTac Apple is making money hand over fist. Fine. But the fact remains that this Mac user of 18 years isn't buying anything new from Apple because what I want isn't being made. So Apple in its infinite wisdom is succe…
  • Quote: Originally Posted by snoopy Pointing out that "Laptops account for the vast majority of their computer sales," suggests that Apple is weaker in the desktop market. No. It suggests that the desktop market has been saturated and consumers…
  • It's kind of amusing to see the pundits here claim Apple is missing out on a great opportunity by not making an xMac when the company just sold 4.63 million computers and 12 million iPads. Laptops account for the vast majority of their computer sale…
  • Quote: Originally Posted by hmm I think $1999 would still be above all the manufacturers listed. Dell will sell you a workstation with that same W3530 cpu starting at $1079 with a three year warranty. This isn't a perfect match to a mac pro (I…
  • Quote: Originally Posted by wizard69 Apple needs a desktop that starts at less than $1500. It is simple as that. The Pro is fine as a high end machine but few people are willing to part with that much cash just to get an extra drive bay and r…