Zune incompatible with Windows Vista

Comments

• Reply 61 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vocaro

"oriental chicks"??? How much more politically incorrect can you get? The least you could do was capitalize properly.

The O, or the C?
  • Reply 62 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elroth

"Oriental" is a name given by white men to describe Chinese and other people. What is so hard to understand that people would like to be referred to by names of their own choosing, and not by the names given them by European colonizers?

Get over yourself. The word "Asia" was invented by white men; so was "slope". Guess which of the two is offensive.

Oh and, first post...hello everyone.
  • Reply 63 of 199
    Hey, when you get right down to it, Oriental means of, from, or characteristic of the Far East. That is why Oriental Chicks makes technical sense. It's not akin to calling black people Colored though since "Colored" doesn't make technical sense. However, as the oxford english dictionary points out, Oriental is offensive to some. I had no idea that it was. I'm sure AppleInsider was using it as a descriptive word and I doubt anyone here would think otherwise. So let's just let it go now that we all know better now.
  • Reply 64 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tbsstunta

Get over yourself. The word "Asia" was invented by white men......

Ummmmm..... maybe. But then again, maybe not. It is also attributed by historians to the semite word "Asu." You may not know this -- perhaps you don't want to -- but semites are Asians.

That leads me to wonder: You seem to be implying some sort of mapping between "Asian" and "white" (or lack of that color thereof). Could you clarify?

Oh, how impolite of me: welcome!

• Reply 65 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by msc1974

"I want to squirt you a picture of my kids"????

Sounds like Steve Ballmer is either a phedifile or he's pimp'in out his family

I think we know who came up with that picture of the girl having an orgasm...
  • Reply 66 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeaPeaJay

Hey, when you get right down to it, Oriental means of, from, or characteristic of the Far East. That is why Oriental Chicks makes technical sense. It's not akin to calling black people Colored though since "Colored" doesn't make technical sense. However, as the oxford english dictionary points out, Oriental is offensive to some. I had no idea that it was. I'm sure AppleInsider was using it as a descriptive word and I doubt anyone here would think otherwise. So let's just let it go now that we all know better now.

I look at it this way: if you see an attractive person whose genetic roots are from that part of the world, you don't want to describe the person as oriental, you want to use Asian.

the need for political correctness is completely secondary to more practical matters.
  • Reply 67 of 199
    Actually, I think the picture is perfect for Zune. If I was installing it, I would have the same look of pain on my face.

• Reply 68 of 199
    wallywally Posts: 211member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ckelly

DEVELOPERS! <squirt /> DEVELOPERS <squirt /> DEVELOPERS! <squirt /> DEVELOPERS <squirt /> DEVELOPERS! <squirt /> DEVELOPERS <squirt /> DEVELOPERS! <squirt /> DEVELOPERS <squirt /> DEVELOPERS! <squirt /> DEVELOPERS <squirt />

All you're missing is the

BAH WAH - CHICKIE CHICKIE BAH WAH - BAH WAH - CHICKIE CHICKIE BAH WAH -
  • Reply 69 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by McHuman

I've been scanning this thread and I keep seeing the two words : squirting and asians. whats going on here?

Thank you! You made my evening.....
  • Reply 70 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram

Ummmmm..... maybe. But then again, maybe not. It is also attributed by historians to the semite word "Asu." You may not know this -- perhaps you don't want to -- but semites are Asians.

That leads me to wonder: You seem to be implying some sort of mapping between "Asian" and "white" (or lack of that color thereof). Could you clarify?

elroth said "oriental" was offensive because it was invented by the white man, and i said so was "asia".

in the end neither is really offensive, just not very accurate; although, since "the orient" is more geographically specific than "asia" its actually more appropriate.

if you get down to the historical nitty-gritty, as you said "asia" comes from "asu". does that mean that "asian" is offensive, but "asusian" isn't? not really offensive, but vaguely filthy.

this whole thread is sort of asunine

ps> i prefer whitey to honky
  • Reply 71 of 199
    dammit there must be something wrong with my zune installer. i don't have the 3 asian chicks, mine shows 3 shirtless mexicans picking tomatoes for 3 dollars a day. that's it. i'm taking it back to bestbuy.
  • Reply 72 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut

...mine shows 3 shirtless mexicans picking tomatoes for 3 dollars a day...

That's the XP-Professional version.
  • Reply 73 of 199
    Can you believe he said "squirt" ???? When I think of squirt, i think of diarrhea.

This site says it best: http://www.microsoftshitbrick.com
  • Reply 74 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tbsstunta

elroth said "oriental" was offensive because it was invented by the white man, and i said so was "asia".

in the end neither is really offensive, just not very accurate; although, since "the orient" is more geographically specific than "asia" its actually more appropriate.

if you get down to the historical nitty-gritty, as you said "asia" comes from "asu". does that mean that "asian" is offensive, but "asusian" isn't? not really offensive, but vaguely filthy.

this whole thread is sort of asunine

ps> i prefer whitey to honky

'Asia' is more geographically correct. It is the name of a continent. 'The Orient' is like saying 'Never Never Land' -- you can't say where the boundaries are. It is also, as others have pointed out, a term relative to Europe.

And I like to call Caucasians 'caca-san'.
  • Reply 75 of 199
    i'm starting to love this Zune
  • Reply 76 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chromos

'Asia' is more geographically correct. It is the name of a continent. 'The Orient' is like saying 'Never Never Land' -- you can't say where the boundaries are. It is also, as others have pointed out, a term relative to Europe.

And I like to call Caucasians 'caca-san'.

Oriental was used in the US as well and was commonly tied to Japan and China. Besides, read my post, I said Oriental was more geographically specific because it referred to fewer countries than Asian. For example, Asian can mean someone from India or Japan while Oriental can never mean someone from India.

I call em Caucasonians.
  • Reply 77 of 199
    i was born on the continent of Australasia ( Australia) .... does that mean i'm Asian

• Reply 78 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iconsumer

i was born in Australia (Australasia) ...... does that mean i'm Asian

Australia is part of Oceania, not Asia, and Australasia is a region of Oceania.

If it helps you sleep at night you are Australasian.
  • Reply 79 of 199
    Quote:

phedifile

Goodnight, everybody.
  • Reply 80 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ai51240

phedifile

Isn't that an emery board for your feet?