Microsoft says Apple legal wanted 'Laptop Hunter' ads pulled

15678911»

Comments

• Reply 201 of 203
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drmnez View Post

Well that challenge doesn't seem fair. The iLife suite is designed to handle all those task well. Most Windows computers don't have software that can do those task (do it well at least). Further more, if you purchase software that does that for your Windows machine they do not seamlessly work together like the programs in iLife.

iWork is just as seamlessly integrated into iLife as those "digital life" apps are into each other, and I think that's the point. For most users, those "challenge" tasks are very indicative of the things they'd typically use their computer for. I recently took a basic computing course (it was required by the curriculum and I couldn't get out of it), and these types of exercises were exactly what was covered.

Quote:

Sounds like your "challenge" is pretty one sided. You should have the challenge be more general (surfing, ease of OS use, watching movies, and other simple and remedial task)?

The process of performing the "challenge" tasks will present the user with many of these remedial tasks and, again, the respective platforms will show their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote:

?and then more specific uses (like your challenge, playing games, music creation, business type stuff). That's not really fair to say "here is a challenge between a Windows PC and a Mac PC to do what a Mac does well." If that's the case, you should have a challenge in ease of hardware upgrading and also which PC can run Crysis, COD MW, GTA 4, and BioShock at full power. Doesn't sound fair does it?

I don't think the "challenge" specifically isolates what Macs do better than PCs; I think the "challenge" instead attempts to identify what many people do with their computers and let them see for themselves which platform offers the greatest ease of use, enjoyment and provides superior results for their efforts.

iWork handles most "business type stuff" just fine for many people, but gaming and music creation cater to a more niche set of users. Such a specific "challenge" might be interesting to them though. I don't think hardware upgrading (other than RAM) applies to the majority of Mac users (or even the majority of computer users in general).
  • Reply 202 of 203
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

I did cartwheels down the hallway.

If this story is true:

1. I wonder what Apple would have to do to get Ballmer to do that.

2. I would hope there would be a Youtube clip of it.
  • Reply 203 of 203
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Apple profits rise 15% on sales of 2.6m Macs 5.2m iPhones

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lemon Bon Bon. View Post

Well. I don't feel sorry for Apple if these adverts from M$ are hurting.

Apple have had this coming a for a while now.

See what I mean?