Apple's Snow Leopard disc will install on Tiger Macs

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 166
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

It's Millmoss. Please, do I look like Richard Nixon?

Corrected, but it ruins my image of you looking like this: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_IVDpEUWH8E...0/milhouse.jpg
  • Reply 162 of 166
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

The Box Set is actually $169, Leopard was $129. I am well aware of this. As I stated previously, I thought Dr. Millmoss was asking something else.

Sorry about that. Sad as I even linked to the product on Apple Long day...
  • Reply 163 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Corrected, but it ruins my image of you looking like this:

That's closer than you could possibly imagine.
  • Reply 164 of 166
    ai666ai666 Posts: 8member
    The Wired article DOES NOT state that you can install Snow Leopard DIRECTLY over Tiger. It refers to a Lifehacker article that states:

"We have confirmed that the preview of Snow Leopard DOES offer a standalone installer that works on a freshly-formatted hard drive without an existing Leopard installation or DVD."

A freshly formatted drive is not the same as "directly over Tiger". It is directly over nothing.
  • Reply 165 of 166
    cmasoncmason Posts: 41member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ai666 View Post

The Wired article DOES NOT state that you can install Snow Leopard DIRECTLY over Tiger. It refers to a Lifehacker article that states:

"We have confirmed that the preview of Snow Leopard DOES offer a standalone installer that works on a freshly-formatted hard drive without an existing Leopard installation or DVD."

A freshly formatted drive is not the same as "directly over Tiger". It is directly over nothing.

Whatever, both work fine. You can install to an empty drive, or you can upgrade Tiger or Leopard.
  • Reply 166 of 166
    jcbloughjcblough Posts: 33member
    This does indeed work, I did it this morning with no issues at all with the family pack. Local Best Buy did not carry the single license oddly enough. Still happy to be up to date for $50.