34 hours with no sleep...interrsting things start to happenn

Comments

• Reply 141 of 222

I got a message when I posted that my post was getting held to be approved by a moderator. Is there actually someone moderating this thread and approving the posts to get added here? (Or was that cause my post was crazy long?) So so so weird and crazy. 

• Reply 142 of 222

yeah me did the same throughout a month until exam ends and at the end i was like nothing. It was really hard even to go to lectures the next semester. I was so tired mentally and physically, i felt that i need some good 2-3 weeks vacation.

• Reply 143 of 222

Thank you so much for sharing this topic to us and it is wonderful and helpful. http://www.xagloryaward.com/department/crystal-award/crystal-globe-award/.

• Reply 144 of 222

Like many others, I joined this forum specifically for this thread. Reading how old this thread is, that's just amazing for me.

I got here googling ''I haven't sleep for 36 hours'

Im on the young side (14), and im interested in what happens after not sleeping for a bit. Im lucky that I've only not slept for close to 24 hours compared to  the other stories on this thread... I think I will be able to hit a max of 27 before dozing off. Not tired at all thought. At least I wont hallucinate or see shadows in my peripheral vision... 'shudders' I will be monitoring this old thread  though! If I don't provide a update tomorrow, expect that i hit that 27-30 limit!

Long live the Insomnia thread lol!

• Reply 145 of 222
    One time, I stayed for a long time, and it made me tired. It was an unforgettable experience.
  • Reply 146 of 222

Rise from the dead!!!

• Reply 147 of 222
    Okay so I just had to steal the first post of 2015 on the never ending insomnia thread, on this so called "apple insider" .. I honestly have no idea if this forum is about apple computers- but actually the big ad for a MacBook Air just made that obvious.. Which I already own and I'm typing this on my iPhone at 12:25am. I really am insider the apple.

12:25 is SO EARLY! Not even what I was expecting, but I'm attempting to sleep for the first time in 45 hours, which is going great guys... Except I can't. And my head hurts. And I feel floaty. And I kinda love it.

Sends me back in time, when I first met my boyfriend and we would pop Dexedrine instead of sleeping and wait until Trevor arrived.. Then do some acid. And smoke a lot of weed. Then try some Valium. Play guitar. Speak phrases I've only heard other people say. See the shadow people. Cover the windows with blankets. Wear sunglasses indoors. Wrap fabric over the lights to make them colorful. Play blackops. Play blackops on acid and become frighteningly emotionally invested in other players. Have amazing sex in a room that only felt like was full of other people.. Or was it.. Fell in love. He's asleep beside me right now.

Good times.

Forgot the point of this.
  • Reply 148 of 222
    So basically, I've read these a few times when I've been unable to sleep. No other thread has communicated with me as much as this.

While I write this ive been up 3 days nearly, so I'm just starting to see things and hear things. and you know what, it's made me realise.. this specific thread can do something that only very emotionally powerful items can do. You can the power while reading this book. that no matter where you are, no matter if you feel so alone, it doesn't matter where you are we will always know there's passages just like this to comfort the people when they need a kiss or they miss the people the person or maybe it's your pet fish. It don't matter, as long as all your being is filling his room (that's all I want you to do for 5/10mins, let your being grow outwards) I also believe it helps the writer, write not for the sake of it wanting it to be amazing and make all this sense, it's lovely, it's lovely just being able to write. For writes SK. just to write, for writings sake.

I have to admit I feel im mainly here to help you guys... Don't ask me why but when I write this, I feel that all the different folk who read these words, who speak in a different tongue can come here and feel good and comfort themselves and eachother.

If you're feeling down today, always remember this: in the end it'll be ok... If it's not ok, then don't worry because it's not the end"

Another one I seem to be saying a lot recently is "worry about the things you can change and don't worry about the things you can't."

It's out of your control, I believe that it's a higher being deciding which way a particular event may occur and because you can't change that, you have to deal with whatever the outcome. As long as you can come to loved ones, you're doing alright because all I need, all I really need are those I chose to have around.

Family, well sh*t you're stuck with them.. If they're pr**ks then you've got to bare being around them, my friends and my dad told me this when I was about you're now.. He said D... Your family is important never forget them, they always gonna be there but your friends are an extension of yourself who you chose to be around don't get shook or out of the patch of righteous you know we gotta fight jus to get ... Shoot I don't know... Why do we fight.... Both sides is a loser at me I ain't been around the block. We evolve the weaponry evolving we always outdoing eachother. . What's trues this, I'm too sick, on this mic with spite despite the fact he white boy exploding on this mic, yeah, I'll keep you right through this night don't worry about you ain't gotta fight for your life on your own, I'm right here and I'm staring at our enemies and im saying you think you're better than me, unite we gots to take the fight to the enemies and it dont matter if they're home or overseas. As long as we defend this land, stand our ground. Then we know that we owe no man, conform to our plan then for the rest of your STs be as happy as you can. This is our clan. fast and know you have your brothers around you in time of darkness. Light always prevails, you can the weight lifting off your shoulders. Perfect. So guys it's me D ending today's little writing session.

even thought I have never and may never meet you always know that whenever you read the words that I have told, you are with me and you are strong and have the courage of 100 men and the strength of 1000 and you shall do whatever it is you are meant to do. I love everyone of you, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, daughters, sons. That I'll never see but will feel... You'll always be with me.
  • Reply 149 of 222
    burundanga wrote: »
    You only hulucinate after 36 hours straight if your a weakass mind or your taking hulucinagins dumbass junkies I've done it lots 72 is when it's alright did I ever tell you the definition of insanity

I think going through this like this is like a work out. It's a psychloical work out that you either pass, or you crash and fall out of balance. Theres a lot on the line.. But you'd leatn so much. You stay on the straight and narrow - Arrow.
  • Reply 150 of 222

I once stayed up for around 60 hours without even the slightest bit of tiredness... but that was the one time I tried meth. 

• Reply 151 of 222

Was amazed at how long this thread has lasted and had to make an account to add my name to the list of weary insomniacs that have passed through here as a result of a google search. Am currently on 36 hours, slight "tingly" visuals, almost like TV static. Always had issues sleeping but medicated with cannabis. The anxiety of not having a bowl before bed has just left me unable to even begin the process of sleeping. 

Despite heightened emotions am somewhat enjoying the deprivation sensation? 

Lets just see how long this goes on for.

• Reply 152 of 222

I am attempting to remain awake for approximately a week (one-hundred and sixty-eight hours). So far, I have successfully stayed awake for seventeen hours. Although it is still early days, I am feeling surprisingly optimistic.

• Reply 153 of 222
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LiamPugh View Post

I am attempting to remain awake for approximately a week (one-hundred and sixty-eight hours). So far, I have successfully stayed awake for seventeen hours. Although it is still early days, I am feeling surprisingly optimistic.

Good luck!

Just be aware that it is possible to die from lack of sleep, particularly if you attempt a week.

• Reply 154 of 222
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Just be aware that it is possible to die from lack of sleep, particularly if you attempt a week.

Ah, you have to really be trying or be forced. Stupid body has a self-preservation mechanism that’ll conk you out on its own.

• Reply 155 of 222
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Ah, you have to really be trying or be forced. Stupid body has a self-preservation mechanism that’ll conk you out on its own.

Indeed.

You'd probably need someone else with you to force you to stay awake, which would amount to torture. I guess if you were cunning, you might manage it on your own.

• Reply 156 of 222
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,268moderator

Maybe that's why there are so few follow-up posts. This has happened to gaming addicts:

http://rt.com/news/223615-taiwan-man-dead-internet/

Their heart sometimes fails from exhaustion. Sports fans too:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2658967/Chinese-fan-dies-staying-late-watch-World-Cup.html

"A Chinese fan has reportedly died after after staying up for too many nights in a row to watch the World Cup.
    Sleep deprivation from staying up to watch World Cup believed to be cause."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarrasquillo/copywriter-tweets-about-working-30-hours-straight-collapses

"Indonesian copywriter Mita Diran, 24, tweeted about working nonstop Saturday, collapsing soon thereafter and dying the next day."

Even Tim Cook the workaholic knows to get to some solid rest - despite getting up at around 4am, he's in bed around 9-10pm. He gets a good 6 hours of rest. Some people can manage less sleep than others:

http://www.businessinsider.com/successful-people-who-barely-sleep-2012-9?op=1
    http://www.businessinsider.com/11-bizarre-sleeping-habits-of-highly-successful-people-2013-11?op=1

Mariah Carey sleeps for 15 hours. Some others are listed in the following graphic:

That's probably why Bezos isn't making any profit. Lazy. Just 1-2 hours less sleep a day Bezos and you could be at Bill Gates or Tim Cook levels of profit. It'll probably vary depending on what stage of their life they're at too and what supplements people are on like caffeine intake.
  • Reply 157 of 222
    Marvin wrote: »

Maybe that's why there are so few follow-up posts. This has happened to gaming addicts:

http://rt.com/news/223615-taiwan-man-dead-internet/

Their heart sometimes fails from exhaustion. Sports fans too:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2658967/Chinese-fan-dies-staying-late-watch-World-Cup.html

"A Chinese fan has reportedly died after after staying up for too many nights in a row to watch the World Cup.
    Sleep deprivation from staying up to watch World Cup believed to be cause."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarrasquillo/copywriter-tweets-about-working-30-hours-straight-collapses

"Indonesian copywriter Mita Diran, 24, tweeted about working nonstop Saturday, collapsing soon thereafter and dying the next day."

Even Tim Cook the workaholic knows to get to some solid rest - despite getting up at around 4am, he's in bed around 9-10pm. He gets a good 6 hours of rest. Some people can manage less sleep than others:

http://www.businessinsider.com/successful-people-who-barely-sleep-2012-9?op=1
    http://www.businessinsider.com/11-bizarre-sleeping-habits-of-highly-successful-people-2013-11?op=1

Mariah Carey sleeps for 15 hours. Some others are listed in the following graphic:

That's probably why Bezos isn't making any profit. Lazy. Just 1-2 hours less sleep a day Bezos and you could be at Bill Gates or Tim Cook levels of profit. It'll probably vary depending on what stage of their life they're at too and what supplements people are on like caffeine intake.

I think what that graph tells us is that the amount of sleep you get bares no relation to anything, but perhaps you were being tongue in cheek.
  • Reply 158 of 222
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

I don't understand what the graphic is showing in the distance from the centre.  Why are Laurie Tucker and Gary Vaynerchuk different distances from the centre if they sleep the same, while Helena Morrissey and Anthony Horta-Osorio are on a level, despite sleeping a different amount?

• Reply 159 of 222
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,268moderator
    crowley wrote: »
    I don't understand what the graphic is showing in the distance from the centre.  Why are Laurie Tucker and Gary Vaynerchuk different distances from the centre if they sleep the same, while Helena Morrissey and Anthony Horta-Osorio are on a level, despite sleeping a different amount?

Whoever made the chart probably didn't get enough sleep beforehand.
  • Reply 160 of 222

Hello! 

Having read this thread I to decided to create an account merely for the purpose of writing this, and I like countless others don't even use a mac!

I often feel I don't have enough time during the day to do things I enjoy or just have some free time so quite often I will just not sleep for a day or two. Now I do get tired but I just try not to notice it, and seem to function okay work all the same. I never drink caffeine or alot of sugar when i'v been up as that sends me to sleep when the high has passed. Its probably not the most healthy thing to do on a regular basis but, in the end we're all going to end up the same so why not enjoy myself while I can!

The longest i'v been up would be about 40-45 hours and even then I didn't notice any of the things described in earlier posts such as hearing things, seeing things, or having strange body pains. The only side effects for me are being really tired, having to pay extra attention when im writing something, and sleeping an extra hour or two when I do sleep.