Apple says no more product introductions until next year

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 122
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

So you're now stealing software, and you think that's ok enough to brag about here?

You have a low sense of morality.

he also is stealing tv shows for his iphone
  • Reply 122 of 122
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    I somehow missed this reply….

Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I'm not so sure about how many computers will come with USB 3. We're seeing it on one Asus hacker board. Whether more than a few companies offer it on their built systems shortly, is open to question.

I think that we'll see Light Peak sooner than later.

Asus produces Apple’s logic boards and I know this is a long shot, but I am “hoping” the Asus boards were to test and gear up for Apple’s next MBPs. I can dream, can’t I?

LightPeak seems like a pipe dream at this point. I can’t imagine the tech hitting the market with 2 years, but maybe, which is why Intel is holding off on USB3.0 support.

Quote:

That was a beta, and as you know very well, it's not supposed to be used anymore. Apparently, they must have forgotten to put a timer into the software, or someone has worked around it.

I’m not using it, I found another method. One that didn’t even require jail breaking.

Quote:

You know that it's wrong. The fact that it isn't offered yet is not an excuse.

“Wrong” may not be the best term. I know it’s not contractually legal, but I also don’t care. When AT&T offers tethering I will pay the extra $30/month. I think that is fair though you’ll hear a lot of people complaining about how it should be free simply because it goes through the phone, where they already get unlimited data. I hold no such delusions about entitlement. Nothing makes me sleep poorly at night because I used my iPhone to connect to a WiFi network when my Mac’s WiFi was MIA. Why WiFI can’t be tethered unless you buy your carrier’s tethering package makes no sense. Seems more like an oversight.

Quote:

The jailbreak because someone just wants to "try" software is some of the biggest BS I've ever heard, and you know it. There's a lot of software being pirated out there, and it's ALL on jailbroken phones.

Most iPhone software is so cheap to begin with that theres no excuse to cry if you don't like it. I mean, really, crying because you don't like a $3 app?

Yes, it’s not possible to have stolen apps on non-jailbroken phones. However, not all jailbroken phones have stolen apps on them.

I have tested expensive apps this way. I hope Apple creates a way developers can offer timed trials of apps next year. The in-app purchase can help with that in one way, but apps like TomTom aren’t going to do that and I’m not going to commit to the purchase price before I test it. With a tangible item it’s easy to return if you don’t like it. With an iPhone app, it’s still possible, but it’s less convenient than the method I used.

I paid $10 for, Beejive, an IM app. I highly recommend it! I’ve never paid for an IM app on any desktop. I’ve also bought, at least, several hundreds worth of various iTS content this year alone, mostly buying entire series of TV Shows. Most recently The Unit and Law & Order: SVU , which costs me $30-40 a season. I’m not adverse to spending a reasonable amount of money, but they don’t offer an option I want i will find alternative means of obtaining it. Apple does good a great job at making the alternative less convenient, which is why I’m often in their camp. I don’t think I’m alone here.