Microsoft denies Apple had influence on Windows 7 design

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 172
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

What an odd statement indeed.

Well TechDud, if anyone knows what an "odd statement" looks like, it would have to be you, as the vast majority of your posts seem to be "odd statements".
  • Reply 162 of 172
    If this is MS copying Apple, I hope they continue. I only wish more laptop manufacturers would copy their hardware. Then I wouldn't have to complain about buying Apple's fantastic hardware bundled with their completely inadequate software.
  • Reply 163 of 172
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

He speaks for MS. Any MS employee being interviewed and making public statements is speaking for their compnay. Besides, that's all the public sees.

You see if it's Steve Jobs saying blue ray is a bag of hurt it's like Apple saying blue ray is a bag of hurt, but if some statment comes from MS it's somehow only opinion of that person. Nice logic of techdud
  • Reply 164 of 172
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Povilas View Post

You see if it's Steve Jobs saying blue ray is a bag of hurt it's like Apple saying blue ray is a bag of hurt, but if some statment comes from MS it's somehow only opinion of that person. Nice logic of techdud

He doesn?t understand that you represent the companies you work for, even if not in an official capacity. If it wasn?t that way then MS? PR wouldn?t have to come out to run clean on this guy?s unsanctioned statement.
  • Reply 165 of 172
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joergsi View Post

No, I would never claim this!

My intention was to point out that even Apple did some copy-jobs!

I'm just a poor German Brainwashed ex-Xerox employe !

At the PARC there was the first demonstration of GUI with the usage of the graphical elements with a mouse + group working at a document in a Network, that was 35 years ago!

Later on Microsoft has done some copies on Apple's ideas, and the copy of the Apple-Store is just pathetic!

Regards,

Joerg

I'm sorry for my original statement, that Apple has stolen the GUI from XEROX.

After I have finished my entry I will go to the cellar and I will shoot myself!

But the facts are, that Apple is doing a great job of adopting ideas of others, and developing them further near to perfection. That is what makes them different VISION and STYLE.
    • But an OS with a GUY? Not their idea.

• A device that plays MP3? Not their idea.

• A telephone that you can carry around? Not their idea.

I like the Apple products, because the products are working and most important the products are working out of the box, no fiddling around to make them work.

But every time this discussion about what MS has copied from Apple or not? Face the facts, Apple is doing the same and they are really good with this. Better one perfect copy then three not working originals!
  • Reply 166 of 172
    Quote:

I'm sorry for my original statement, that Apple has stolen the GUI from XEROX.

After I have finished my entry I will go to the cellar and I will shoot myself!

But the facts are, that Apple is doing a great job of adopting ideas of others, and developing them further near to perfection. That is what makes them different VISION and STYLE.
    • But an OS with a GUY? Not their idea.

• A device that plays MP3? Not their idea.

• A telephone that you can carry around? Not their idea.

I like the Apple products, because the products are working and most important the products are working out of the box, no fiddling around to make them work.

But every time this discussion about what MS has copied from Apple or not? Face the facts, Apple is doing the same and they are really good with this. Better one perfect copy then three not working originals!

Do you really think that there is a company that came up with everything they did/do on their own? It's just stupid, because in the timeline of things there is always a person or company that does something before you and all you can is just try to make that invention as perfect as it is possible. Apple does a great job of perfecting thigs and Microsoft? Not so much imho.
  • Reply 167 of 172
    Quote:

Why should I? Vista had Touch first. Did Leopard have Touch before it got Snowed? NOoooooooooooooo.

You do realize that touch screen features are nothing more than device drivers and are not part of the window API????
  • Reply 168 of 172
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Povilas View Post

Do you really think that there is a company that came up with everything they did/do on their own? ... Apple does a great job of perfecting thigs and Microsoft? Not so much imho.

Thank you, that is exactly my point!
  • Reply 169 of 172
    Quote:

Nope, Apple has stolen from XEROX.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xerox_Alto

regards,

Joerg

THIS IS TOTALLY FALSE! Apple licensed the IDEAS that Xerox Parc developed around Allan Kay's Altos computer, but 90% of the Lisa and Mac technology was NEW development at Apple by Bill Atkinson and Andy Herzfeld. Parc did not have mouse movable windows, trash can, clipboard and a bunch of other stuff that was all new from Apple. In any case, the ideas they developed of a GUI, Apple licensed for $1 Million dollars in Apple Stock. So it was hardly stolen.
  • Reply 170 of 172
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by walshbj View Post

Looking forward to a denial that the Microsoft stores and Guru Bar copied anything from Apple.

But Guru sounds nothing like Genius, and those Microsoft tables are clearly made from beech, not pine. So totally different. Oh and Microsoft put 11' between tables, not 11.2'. And if you bothered to look you'd see the Windows logo outside uses color, whereas Apple couldn't find any colored paint at the time, so no marks for innovation there!

Seriously though, we didn't need a quote from anyone to review what we've seen already. The new taskbar is Apple inspired, and features like Peek are Exposé inspired. Just as features in Vista were also Apple inspired. Heck, they even had the balls to name their UI treatment with a word strikingly similar to Aqua - Aero.
  • Reply 171 of 172
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Quote:

[...]OSX has no touch features yet. So who's copying who? When does the Touch come out with SL Touch?

Have you heard of the iPhone? iPod Touch? Both run on OS X, in a format that the market has wholly embraced for years now.
  • Reply 172 of 172
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    I can't believe someone at Microsoft thought it was a better idea to retract the honest statement. One that every living person with any common sense knew was honest and accurate.

No, can't let that go uncorrected. Let's release a retraction, thats an obvious, bold-faced lie. That will improve our image.