Bill Gates praises Steve Jobs for saving Apple

Comments

• Reply 61 of 263
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

FWIW, the judge in the antitrust trial was prepared to find Microsoft in contempt for supplying falsified evidence.

What does that mean? "Prepared to find?" Why didn't s/he? What happened there?
  • Reply 62 of 263
    does not matter what he says, still (and will always be) a conman.
  • Reply 63 of 263
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

History has already proven that fact.

I think this one qualifies for a big EPIC FAIL prize. Congrats.
  • Reply 64 of 263
    Bill has matured over the years, of course it's taken him a long time, longer than the average male, which is long enough to begin with.

He was gracious here and you got to give it to him.

As for that obese creep Balmer, well...
  • Reply 65 of 263
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

This is staggering, we've managed to turn Bill Gates saying something very gracious about Steve Jobs into hate filled rants about him.

I agree from the Apple Fanbiys to MS trolls both sides have taken a heart felt appreciation of SJ by Bill Gates and destroyed the comments.

I noticed there is more negativity between MS fans and Apple Fans, then between the 2 TOP men in respective companies.

For people who think Bill Gates is not classy, just look at his foundation, yes it full of control freaks, but guess what, that foundation has done more for Africa and India, then all of the governments in terms of affordable medicines and providing proactive solutions.

Also in 90s when MS were being sued, every major monopoly was under the radar because prior to that there were no laws on how to behave and governments took notice. The 90s was period of change for many industries.

Pity Bald Eagle MS CEO does not have that type of classy and intelligence.
  • Reply 66 of 263
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by emulator View Post

does not matter what he says, still (and will always be) a conman.

He's NOT a con-man. He even offered to send me and my family to Disneyland if I forward an email to everyone I know. Or is he going to send me cash? I forget.
  • Reply 67 of 263
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Povilas View Post

So what you are saying is Apple was doing great without Steve Jobs? You might want to take a look back in history. Apple doors would have closed a long time ago if it wasn't for Steve Jobs.
  • Reply 68 of 263
    Quote:

Unfortunately extreme is actually right, Apple was on brink on closure before SJ stepped back into the company, that is a fact and everyone knows about the MAJOR issues occurring with innovation and business strategy at the time before SJ coming back
  • Reply 69 of 263
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

Unfortunately extreme is actually right, Apple was on brink on closure before SJ stepped back into the company, that is a fact and everyone knows about the MAJOR issues occurring with innovation and business strategy at the time before SJ coming back

Unfortunately....LOL. I'm actually right alot of time.
  • Reply 70 of 263
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elroth View Post

Oh, yes you do. Microsoft has been big in contributions to Republicans in Congress and the White House over the years, pushing to get favorable legislation. Do you think it's a coincidence that after Bush took office, the Justice Department backed off the monopoly case against Microsoft, and offered a very mild punishment to settle the case?

That a lot different than having some has-been leftist politician sitting on your board dictating questionable environmental policies resulting in glass screens for the last 3 years to appease Greenpeace.
  • Reply 71 of 263
    Quote:

You should have taken that nicely and kept quite, since you know that you speculate more than stock market, when it comes to your comments on Apple.

History has shown that is a FACT
  • Reply 72 of 263
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

I think the 'unfortunate' comment was referring to Apple almost going under, not you being correct.
  • Reply 73 of 263
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elroth View Post

No, because other people quote the silly Dud comments, so they show up anyway.

It's call skim reading then. Try it- you can actually read through a lot of nonsense in life. Do I need to spoon feed every solution for some?
  • Reply 74 of 263
    Quote:

So what you are saying is Apple was doing great without Steve Jobs? You might want to take a look back in history. Apple doors would have closed a long time ago if it wasn't for Steve Jobs.

I know the history. Apple was different and Steve was different. Apple today is very different with a lot of good designers, programmers and engineers. Steve took medical leave of absence and Apple did best 1/4 ever State of Apple will be determined in a few years after Steve is gone, but it's not a fact that no Steve = no Apple , that's an assumption.
  • Reply 75 of 263
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I think the 'unfortunate' comment was referring p Apple almost going under, not you being correct.

It was funny the way it read anyways. Lets hope in any case Steve Jobs does a better job then Bill Gates did finding a replacement.
  • Reply 76 of 263
    istudistud Posts: 193member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

This is staggering, we've managed to turn Bill Gates saying something very gracious about Steve Jobs into hate filled rants about him.

No. What would be really staggering would be to get the TeckStud to say something gracious about Steve Jobs
  • Reply 77 of 263
    Quote:

I know the history. Apple was different and Steve was different. Apple today is very different with a lot of good designers, programmers and engineers. Steve took medical leave of absence and Apple did best 1/4 ever State of Apple will be determined in a few years after Steve is gone, but it's not a fact that no Steve = no Apple , that's an assumption.

Its not an assumption, Big difference with someone taking medical leave and leaving the company. You think Steve Jobs wasn't involved while on medical leave.....LOL. Yeah your dreaming.
  • Reply 78 of 263
    Yes Gates and Buffett did set up philantropic organizations.

I think if you look at the tax laws, and this is beyond the scope of what can be posted here, you would find that the creation of these organizations, leads to the payment of way less tax than keeping or passing on the money.

Most of the very rich have this same "problem" by setting up a non-profit they evade tax and by controlling the non-profit they largely get to determine where and how the money is spent, and in some ways get around the inheritance tax burden %55+ on estates over 2-4 million.

One article http://www.tano.org/en/art/1058/

Another the best "The Gates and Buffet Foundation Shell Game" http://www.commondreams.org/views06/0823-26.htm read it and creep.
  • Reply 79 of 263
    Quote:

Yeah not that Steve Jobs has ever done anything wrong you know like facing a security fraud lawsuit.

Apple CEO Steve Jobs, former Apple CEO Michael Spindler as well as other high-profile company execs are named in the most recent investor lawsuit over stock option grant irregularities and may be forced to return the monies they made from grants received as part Apple's executive stock compensation plan, if the lawsuit is successful.

So when confronted with facts you change the subject quickly and not address your misinformed and blatant unsubstantiated rhetoric.....LOL... really we live in the information age perhaps you should try looking up "facts" for yourself and educate yourself instead of throwing out wild claims of conspiracy theories when its as easy as typing in a URL....we know you know how to type, a fact some of us wish was otherwise...
  • Reply 80 of 263
    Quote:

Its not an assumption, Big difference with someone taking medical leave and leaving the company. You think Steve Jobs wasn't involved while on medical leave.....LOL. Yeah your dreaming.

Now I think you are a troll. First time he was seen at Apple was at the end of his medical leave, so yes he wasn't involved.