Bill Gates praises Steve Jobs for saving Apple

Comments

• Reply 81 of 263
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rhetoric.assassin View Post

So when confronted with facts you change the subject quickly and not address your misinformed and blatant unsubstantiated rhetoric.....LOL... really we live in the information age perhaps you should try looking up "facts" for yourself and educate yourself instead of throwing out wild claims of conspiracy theories when its as easy as typing in a URL....we know you know how to type, a fact some of us wish was otherwise...

Here are the fact the MS ruling was overturned and a settlement was reached. Get a clue.
  • Reply 82 of 263
    istudistud Posts: 193member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

It's call skim reading then. Try it- you can actually read through a lot of nonsense in life. Do I need to spoon feed every solution for some?

Yes please. You obviously have nothing better to do. So share you understanding of the world with all of use lemmings of Jobs
  • Reply 83 of 263
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

It was funny the way it read anyways. Lets hope in any case Steve Jobs does a better job then Bill Gates did finding a replacement.

That was not Bill's fault, the drama queen started after Bill left, it was like he was suppressing his true character until he was confirmed as TOP guy.
  • Reply 84 of 263
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleStud View Post

microsoft at $200 makes them a $1.7 Trillion company.

But if the price was that high, they would not have split 9 times and there would not be 8billion shares outstanding.

If it was $200, there would likely be ~1-2 billion shares max.
  • Reply 85 of 263
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Povilas View Post

Now I think you are a troll. First time he was seen at Apple was at the end of his medical leave, so yes he wasn't involved.

Here is where I think you are an idiot. You would have to be a fool to deny that Apple was on the verge of closing its doors and was saved by Steve Jobs returning the company.

Also how would you have any clue what he did or didn't do on medical leave, or how involved he was while recovering?

Yeah a real troll comments on what a great job Steve Jobs has done saving the company. Yep thats a typical troll statement.
  • Reply 86 of 263
    Quote:

Now I think you are a troll. First time he was seen at Apple was at the end of his medical leave, so yes he wasn't involved.

It was stated that SJ was kept abreast of all key decisions during his medical leave, he may not have been at Apple, but he was still kept informed of all major developments.

Yes you are correct, it is assumption that Apple will fall down, when Steve leaves since it has not happened as yet and no knows, except for 'I speculate more than Day trader' extremeskater.
  • Reply 87 of 263
    Quote:

Here is where I think you are an idiot. You would have to be a fool to deny that Apple was on the verge of closing its doors and was saved by Steve Jobs returning the company.

Also how would you have any clue what he did or didn't do on medical leave, or how involved he was while recovering?

Yeah a real troll comments on what a great job Steve Jobs has done saving the company. Yep thats a typical troll statement.

How old are you, really?
  • Reply 88 of 263
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

That was not Bill's fault, the drama queen started after Bill left, it was like he was suppressing his true character until he was confirmed as TOP guy.

I don't know Ballmer was with Microsoft pretty much from the start. I guess it could have happened that way.

Not like it hasn't happened before look at what jeff immelt had done after taking over for Jack Welch. I thank the Lord I sold my GE Stock at 65 a long time ago.
  • Reply 89 of 263
    zepzep Posts: 130member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rhetoric.assassin View Post

So when confronted with facts you change the subject quickly and not address your misinformed and blatant unsubstantiated rhetoric.....LOL... really we live in the information age perhaps you should try looking up "facts" for yourself and educate yourself instead of throwing out wild claims of conspiracy theories when its as easy as typing in a URL....we know you know how to type, a fact some of us wish was otherwise...

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...stor_suit.html

here's his proof.
  • Reply 90 of 263
    Quote:

It was stated that SJ was kept abreast of all key decisions during his medical leave, he may not have been at Apple, but he was still kept informed of all major developments.

I understand that.
  • Reply 91 of 263
    It was just a nice comment. Doesn't have to mean anything, other than it was a nice comment.
  • Reply 92 of 263
    Quote:

Yes you are correct, it is assumption that Apple will fall down, when Steve leaves since it has not happened as yet and no knows, except for 'I speculate more than Day trader' extremeskater.

No one is attempting to speculate anything. The fact is Apple had major problems before the return of Steve Jobs and clearly he saved the company. Steve Jobs also didn't fall into a black cave that was sealed off from the world while on medical leave and was clearly involved with Apple while recovering.

Its also not far stretch to say Apple stock could be hurt as well as the company when Steve Jobs leaves.

Its not like there wasn't major concerns surrounding his health issues.
  • Reply 93 of 263
    Quote:

I understand that.

Really thats not what you said here.

"First time he was seen at Apple was at the end of his medical leave, so yes he wasn't involved"

Make up your mind and get back to us.
  • Reply 94 of 263
    Quote:

Its also not far stretch to say Apple stock could be hurt as well as the company when Steve Jobs leaves.

Its not like there wasn't major concerns surrounding his health issues.

Because some people are convinced that if Steve is gone it's the end for Apple. That's not true. Apple has Tim Cook, Ive, Forstal and others. Apple will be just fine, maybe even better without Steve who knows.
  • Reply 95 of 263
    Quote:

Now I think [extremeskater is] a troll.

Of course he's a troll. Does anyone really doubt that?
  • Reply 96 of 263
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iStud View Post

No. What would be really staggering would be to get the TeckStud to say something gracious about Steve Jobs

Well he certainly has created legion of cultists, not that that would apply to anyone on here.

Here - read about their beliefs, I beg of you:

http://www.amazon.com/Cult-Mac-Leand.../dp/1886411832
  • Reply 97 of 263
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by delreyjones View Post

I agree with you that Gates is not all bad. But "classy"? I don't think I can go that far.

Indeed, Bill Gates has some fabulous strengths and good qualities, but he's not well adjusted enough for me to call him "classy".

How about "he's not unclassy"? (as in he's not "Balmeresque")
  • Reply 98 of 263
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Of course he's a troll. Does anyone really doubt that?

You must call more people names than anyone on here. Were you picked on as a child?
  • Reply 99 of 263
    Quote:

Really thats not what you said here.

"First time he was seen at Apple was at the end of his medical leave, so yes he wasn't involved"

Make up your mind and get back to us.

One thing is to be kept in the loop vs doing the same work he did before taking medical leave. Major organ transplantation, health issues? Doesn't ring a bell?

Make up your mind and don't ge back to us.
  • Reply 100 of 263
    Quote:

Because some people are convinced that if Steve is gone it's the end for Apple. That's not true. Apple has Tim Cook, Ive, Forstal and others. Apple will be just fine, maybe even better without Steve who knows.

Who has said its going to be the end of Apple? My comment before was history has proven that Apple has done poorly without Steve Jobs.