Major publisher preps for Apple tablet as delay rumor surfaces

245678

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 153
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DanielSW View Post


    I have a clue, and it's that Apple will shock and impress yet again with its next new product, and it will yet again shut up all you silly naysayers as the lines form at its stores.



    Those lines at the Apple store mean nothing- they're basically for fanboys and people with no clue who can be easily manipulated by Apple's slick marketing hype department. Those $600 iPhones who's debut had huge lines 2 years ago are worthless today and laying in the garbage heap of technology today.
  • Reply 22 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post


    Agreed about the numbers. half that perhaps. especially if there's 3g capabilities allowing carriers to buy and subsidize (bringing the price down to more like $500-600)



    as for the dates, I have always thought that a Jan/Feb announcement with a mid summer release would make sense as

    1. it would give mags etc time to create for the tablet

    2. it is possible that the ATT contract will be up there and I believe that Apple will not continue an exclusive deal with anyone after the flack they got over ATT's service faults. An unlocked, optional 3g in the tablet would make more sense. and those rumors about a GSM/CDMA dual chip could be for the tablet, not the phone. thus allowing even those that would rather stick with Verizon/Sprint for their phone to tablet up without adding another service



    I don't see Apple going with OLED for the simple fact the technology is very expensive and OLED still has a problem with blue fading too soon. OLED compared to other technology doesn't last very long. I believe its good for about 5 years with 8 hour a day use.



    I agree with everything you are saying. I'm just not sure people will be willing to pay for another mobile contract one top of having to pay already for one contract. We could be talking as much as another 60.00 a month for data.
  • Reply 23 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post


    Those lines at the Apple store mean nothing- they're basically for fanboys and people with no clue who can be easily manipulated by Apple's slick marketing hype department. Those $600 iPhones who's debut had huge lines 2 years ago are worthless today and laying in the garbage heap of technology today.





    Most of the time 70% of people in an Apple store are teenagers either playing around with the isight on an iMac or using an iPhone they are never going to buy. If Apple charged admission to get into their stores you would be able to throw a gernade in there and not hit anyone.
  • Reply 24 of 153
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post


    Most of the time 70% of people in an Apple store are teenagers either playing around with the isight on an iMac or using an iPhone they are never going to buy. If Apple charged admission to get into their stores you would be able to throw a gernade in there and not hit anyone.



    Everytime I go in there- its teenagers on facebook or myspace hogging up the machines or genius bar problems.
  • Reply 25 of 153
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    What a confusing mish-mash of (mostly) almost certainly false rumours.



    Very sad if "Wired" becomes one of the first magazines on the device also, there are many, more worthy titles.



    This sounds more like Condé Nast doing self-promotion than it is any real rumour about the tablet. Also, the prices quoted for OLED screens seem wildly inaccurate and Apple is not going to make a product with a negative 150% margin in any case, (which they'd have to if those prices were true.)



    I don't believe any of it.
  • Reply 26 of 153
    Is no one else surprised that Apple would make 2 of the exact same device, yet they will have different sized screens?



    I seriously doubt this rumor is true.
  • Reply 27 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post


    Everytime I go in there- its teenagers on facebook or myspace hogging up the machines or genius bar problems.



    LOL. Did you read the new thread that just came out 5 mins ago. Now Piper is saying Tablet won't exceed 700.00...LOL Oh well guess they decided to drop OLED in the last 5 mins.
  • Reply 28 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post


    Everytime I go in there- its teenagers on facebook or myspace hogging up the machines or genius bar problems.



    Oh, my! They're all the same all over the world.
  • Reply 29 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post


    Most of the time 70% of people in an Apple store are teenagers either playing around with the isight on an iMac or using an iPhone they are never going to buy. If Apple charged admission to get into their stores you would be able to throw a gernade in there and not hit anyone.



    Yet another clueless, ill-informed comment, I see. You never disappoint!



    Perhaps you can explain how Apple had $6.6B in sales and $1.4B in operating income from its retail stores in FY2009? (Source: p. 86 of Apple's latest 10-K).
  • Reply 30 of 153
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post


    LOL. Did you read the new thread that just came out 5 mins ago. Now Piper is saying Tablet won't exceed 700.00...LOL Oh well guess they decided to drop OLED in the last 5 mins.



    Right - it gonna cost the same as the 32GB iPhone- that's BS going the other direction.

    I expect $1,100- $1,200 or subsidized with a carrier at $800. I want to hear what kind of OS its going to get. It has to be OS Lite as opposed to iPhone's OS Macorexic.
  • Reply 31 of 153
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


    Yet another clueless, ill-informed comment, I see. You never disappoint!



    Perhaps you can explain how Apple had $6.6B in sales and $1.4B in operating income from its retail stores in FY2009? (Source: p. 86 of Apple's latest 10-K).



    First- His statement has nothing to do with sales whatsoever.

    Most people who buy know what they want before they enter and spend little time test driving the machines. Yet another illogical posting on your part.
  • Reply 32 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


    Yet another clueless, ill-informed comment, I see. You never disappoint!



    Perhaps you can explain how Apple had $6.6B in sales and $1.4B in operating income from its retail stores in FY2009? (Source: p. 86 of Apple's latest 10-K).



    Why do you try something new like posting your opinion instead of following other people around bitching. How does your above statement have anything to do with a Tablet?



    As always you are a waste of server space.
  • Reply 33 of 153
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post


    Oh, my! They're all the same all over the world.



    Right?
  • Reply 34 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post


    First- His statement has nothing to do with sales whatsoever.

    Most people who buy know what they want before they enter and spend little time test driving the machines. Yet another illogical posting on your part.



    Does he always just follow people around with useless statements? Is he lacking a brain of his own. We should see mouse right behind him soon.
  • Reply 35 of 153
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post


    Does he always just follow people around with useless statements? Is he lacking a brain of his own. We should see mouse right behind him soon.



    He and his sidekick the mouse who has yet to emerge from his hole.
  • Reply 36 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post


    Does he always just follow people around....



    Nah, just the utterly bollixed ones.
  • Reply 37 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post


    He and his sidekick the mouse who has yet to emerge from his hole.



    Their mentor hasn't shown up yet either.
  • Reply 38 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post


    First- His statement has nothing to do with sales whatsoever.

    Most people who buy know what they want before they enter and spend little time test driving the machines. Yet another illogical posting on your part.



    Do you have a source?



    I suspect you are correct, but it would be an interesting study.



    I think I remember a big study about how people walked by an apple store and it "sucked them in" more than other stores or something.
  • Reply 39 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


    Nah, just the utterly bollixed ones.



    If your going to try and use big words at least understand what context to use them in.
  • Reply 40 of 153
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post


    Their mentor hasn't shown up yet either.



    Let me guess- the recherché one?- who's profile name means extreme egocentrism? The one who says certain things are never gonna happen because it doesn't fit into Apple business model cause he knows Steve's innermost thoughts? He truly is the leader of their pack.
Sign In or Register to comment.