Major publisher preps for Apple tablet as delay rumor surfaces

Comments

• Reply 81 of 153
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Amorph View Post

I'm going to posit that there is no chance at all that an Apple Tablet will merely, or even mostly, be an e-reader. That's completely nuts.

I'm going to posit that there is no chance at all that an Apple Tablet will be an e-reader, at all.
  • Reply 82 of 153
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Price? More like looks and power.

More like price.

Looks? You may want to rephrase that. Explain the looks part for us all. I'd like to see you try to explain that.
  • Reply 83 of 153
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

My comment had nothing to do with Apple sales. Not sure if you have ever been in an Apple store or have done most of your shopping online. If you have ever been in an Apple store you would know they are over run with teenagers just taking up space. Its why Apple was once thinking of charging a low admission to enter their stores. To be honest I think it would be a great idea so I could shop with people just looking to buy and not ones that want to use facebook and take endless pics with the isight cam.

So you want your own Apple store just like you want your own version of a Mac computer. Why does that not surprise me? Get over yourself .... the whole world is not all about you.

And while I'm at it, I don't ever recall Apple saying it was considering an admission charge to their stores. Is their a link for that? ... or did you come up with that all by yourself again?
  • Reply 84 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Try not to sink to that level. Although the guy is wacky to say the least, I try not to resort to that sort of name calling. I know you mean no harm, I'm just trying to keep the peace round here.

When he gets too much I usually go tell him to have a coffee or a nap, it's for the best.

I appreciate your advice, I really do, but look over his posting history .... full of inaccuracies and/or lies, not to mention the same name calling you accuse me of. The reason I treat TechDud with disdain ... is because he deserves it.
  • Reply 85 of 153
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbee View Post

So you want your own Apple store just like you want your own version of a Mac computer. Why does that not surprise me? Get over yourself .... the whole world is not all about you.

And while I'm at it, I don't ever recall Apple saying it was considering an admission charge to their stores. Is their a link for that? ... or did you come up with that all by yourself again?

I have two Apple Stores near me so my opinion isn't based on one store.

Also here are your links.

http://www.bbspot.com/News/2007/07/a...rance-fee.html

http://digg.com/apple/Apple_Store_to...g_Entrance_Fee
  • Reply 86 of 153
    Quote:

How is it a rumor?

Opinion or rumor .... does it exist ... has apple stated it's intention?
  • Reply 87 of 153
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:

More like price.

Looks? You may want to rephrase that. Explain the looks part for us all. I'd like to see you try to explain that.

Oh you're sooo condenscending yet ignorant. I guess I need to explain something so obvious to everyone but you- I would have thought you much smarter than that.

The whole marketing of the MacBook Air was based on its looks (read thinness) as it could fit in an interoffice envelope. Its whole raison d'etre was that is was sooo thin and light in its weight. It was supposed to make us like something just because it looked like a thin notepad and weighed like a feather. I could care less for the skinny underpowered bitch myself.
  • Reply 88 of 153
    ronboronbo Posts: 669member
    Quote:

At 2000.00 they might as well not even bother. There isn't anyone thats going to pay 2000.00 for any tablet. Not that I think this article is accurate, this is just someone pulling numbers out his butt.

Arbitrary and uninformed. Without knowing what the actual device is like, you have no basis for saying that. People will drop that amount and more for a laptop. Surely as price goes up, the number of buyers goes down. But a statement like yours is entirely fatuous, almost as fatuous as the comment I saw below yours that fanboys would line up outside the store. Apple purchasers tend to be as pragmatic as anyone else. Except our equation for "whether to buy" isn't completely dominated by price. Some people don't understand that. Price is their only metric. Some of us, though, have more sophisticated metrics. For you, perhaps, price is the alpha and the omega. I pity you and the machines you must have to surround yourself with.
  • Reply 89 of 153
    Quote:

TechDud, if you had even one nopad ( it takes 10 nopads to make a clue) you would realize that people who are "playing" with a mac today .... are tomorrows customers, but I guess that's a concept too sophisticated for your tiny, biased mind!

Hey newbee - i thought you weren't cluless but i may need to reconsider now. It means that they are addicted to posting on their facebook and myspace pages and checking their posts- nothing more and nothing less.
  • Reply 90 of 153
    Quote:

Try not to sink to that level. Although the guy is wacky to say the least, I try not to resort to that sort of name calling. I know you mean no harm, I'm just trying to keep the peace round here.

When he gets too much I usually go tell him to have a coffee or a nap, it's for the best.

You tell him not to call me a name and then call me a name. Now that's rich!
  • Reply 91 of 153
    Quote:

The new 2010 Macbook Air.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...t_adv_XSG10001

• Reply 92 of 153
    Quote:

I have two Apple Stores near me so my opinion isn't based on one store.

Also here are your links.

http://www.bbspot.com/News/2007/07/a...rance-fee.html

http://digg.com/apple/Apple_Store_to...g_Entrance_Fee

You're relying on a fake news blog and another one who links to it for your info???

The following quote is taken from your link (emphasis mine)

"Called "the world's greatest tech humour site" by The Register, BBspot creates entertainment for the geekier side of the world. BBspot produces a variety of features like fake news stories satirizing the tech and political worlds, the BBspot Mailbag which pokes fun at the Believers (people who believe our fake news) and much more."

Extreme ... that sinks to a new level of stupidity I'm not even sure TechDud could/would duplicate.
  • Reply 93 of 153
    Quote:

You're relying on a fake news blog and another one who links to it for your info???

The following quote is taken from your link (emphasis mine)

"Called "the world's greatest tech humour site" by The Register, BBspot creates entertainment for the geekier side of the world. BBspot produces a variety of features like fake news stories satirizing the tech and political worlds, the BBspot Mailbag which pokes fun at the Believers (people who believe our fake news) and much more."

Extreme ... that sinks to a new level of stupidity I'm not even sure TechDud could/would duplicate.

Funny how you omit what DIGG is? Go Wiki it and maybe you'll be enlightened.

teckstud
  • Reply 94 of 153
    Quote:

Hey newbee - i thought you weren't cluless but i may need to reconsider now. It means that they are addicted to posting on their facebook and myspace pages and checking their posts- nothing more and nothing less.

So explain their large per/store retail sales. Apple understands that people who today are "just looking" and experiencing Apple products .... tomorrow will make up a large portion of their customer base .... apparently you still don't get it. ... Why am I not surprised?
  • Reply 95 of 153
    Quote:

So explain their large per/store retail sales. Apple understands that people who today are "just looking" and experiencing Apple products .... tomorrow will make up a large portion of their customer base .... apparently you still don't get it. ... Why am I not surprised?

How can you be surpised that I don't get your nonsense? As I stated previously most people do their homework prior to purchasing big ticket items and go to the store and buy them. That is why you rarely see a saleperson along side these punks who monopolize the machines. Do I need to spoon feed you anymore today?
  • Reply 96 of 153
    Quote:

Funny how you omit what DIGG is? Go Wiki it and maybe you'll be enlightened.

teckstud

In this case, at least, Digg is a website who relies on a blog for its news

The following is the headline from your precious Digg website.

"Apple Store to Begin Charging Entrance Fee

bbspot.com — If you want to see the iPhone at an Apple store, be sure to bring some cash. Large crowds flocking to see the iPhone and next generation iPods have forced Apple to begin charging a $5 entrance fee for Apple stores. Many analysts anticipated the move, and expect a positive response from customers."

Again TechDud, if you stopped skimming and read all the words .... you would "be enlightened", .... of course that would mean no more Apple bashing ... and that doesn't fit your agenda, does it? If you're trying to show off your wit and intelligence .... FAIL!
  • Reply 97 of 153
    Quote:

In this case, at least, Digg is a website who relies on a blog for its news

The following is the headline from your precious Digg website.

"Apple Store to Begin Charging Entrance Fee

bbspot.com ? If you want to see the iPhone at an Apple store, be sure to bring some cash. Large crowds flocking to see the iPhone and next generation iPods have forced Apple to begin charging a $5 entrance fee for Apple stores. Many analysts anticipated the move, and expect a positive response from customers."

Again TechDud, if you stopped skimming and read all the words .... you would "be enlightened", .... of course that would mean no more Apple bashing ... and that doesn't fit your agenda, does it?

I don't have any AGENDA!

Unlike you who's agenda is to bash TechDud- whoever that may be. Try posting something related to the topic of the thread for a change - I know it requires a bit more thinking but try it, you may like the challenge.
  • Reply 98 of 153
    Quote:

How can you be surpised that I don't get your nonsense? As I stated previously most people do their homework prior to purchasing big ticket items and go to the store and buy them. That is why you rarely see a saleperson along side these punks who monopolize the machines. Do I need to spoon feed you anymore today?

So now your speaking for "most people" .... how misguided and arrogant!
  • Reply 99 of 153
    Quote:

I don't have any AGENDA!

Unlike you who's agenda is to bash TechDud- whoever that may be. Try posting something related to the topic of the thread for a change - I know it requires a bit more thinking but try it, you may like the challenge.

You reply to me ... I reply to you .... That's what makes up a thread ... that doesn't require a lot of thinking, if it did, we would never hear from you.
  • Reply 100 of 153
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

Those $600 iPhones who's debut had huge lines 2 years ago are worthless today and laying in the garbage heap of technology today.

Hardly. They are all jailbroken and running on T-mobile or shipped to the third world. Nobody is throwing them away.