Motorola passes Apple in brand loyalty among men - study

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Actually you're correct in many ways. Many people are like fish and go for the flashy shiny bait.

Is it about iPhone?
  • Reply 102 of 116
    If you look at the chart:

Um, I'm not sure one can draw any meaning from it. It only shows 2 weeks data from early Nov to mid-Nov. Brands simply don't change that quickly. I doubt one can correlate any specific event to upswings and downswings either. Motorola appears to hold steady at a score of 30 while Apple and RIMM fluctuate a bit. It appears Apple's score swung down from 48 to 21 resulting in Motorola "surpassing" Apple's brand index. Perhaps its the App Store business that is driving the downswing, but I doubt it.

Who knows, maybe Motorola's branding is more driven by NFL football than their cell phones. Maybe the small uptick near 11/16 is really due to the Colts-Patriots game rather than Droid. The Droid was released on 11/6 and it basically held steady.
  • Reply 103 of 116
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gin_tonic View Post

Can you name a pair of such issues?

Don?t be obtuse. Viruses, spyware, defraging,removing processes from RegEdit from newly installed apps that run in the background at start up/log in, general unraveling of Windows XP after continued use.
  • Reply 104 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shrike View Post

If you look at the chart:

image: http://images.appleinsider.com/yougov-091124.png

Um, I'm not sure one can draw any meaning from it. It only shows 2 weeks data from early Nov to mid-Nov. Brands simply don't change that quickly.

It?s almost like the were standing outside of a Verizon store for the latest survey.
  • Reply 105 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Don’t be obtuse. Viruses, spyware, defraging,removing processes from RegEdit from newly installed apps that run in the background at start up/log in, general unraveling of Windows XP after continued use.

Have no such issues with my working computer (surprise!) with Windows 2000. It even has been reloaded/turned off about 5-6 times only in last 3 years.

Have no such issues with my home computer - Windows XP, and Windows 7 now. Just install antivirus (there are a lot of free good AV) and firewall (even built-in Windows firewall is a good choice). Do not download and install any piece of garbage - is this policy hard to follow? I only defragment my home computer once a year - that's enough.

Yes, I need to agree with you about background process issues I got it. After installing iTunes
  • Reply 106 of 116
    Quote:

Have no such issues with my working computer (surprise!) with Windows 2000. It even has been reloaded/turned off about 5-6 times only in last 3 years.

A restart every 6 to 7 months. Complete BS. MS issues critical updates that require restarts much more frequently than that. Or are saying that you don?t need no stinking updates?
  • Reply 107 of 116
    Quote:

A restart every 6 to 7 months. Complete BS. MS issues critical updates that require restarts much more frequently than that. Or are saying that you don’t need no stinking updates?

So you state that I'm lying?
  • Reply 108 of 116
    Quote:

It?s almost like the were standing outside of a Verizon store for the latest survey.

No not really.

Apple's and Moto's curve is symptomatic of negative campaigning. One could say Verizon's advertising is working and is bringing Apple's brand down, but I'm sure that's really not the case. Maybe it's Verizon's ads combined with the App Store PR issues over the least couple of weeks. But I don't think so either.

Apple's score rose 20 points than dipped 30 points in space of 2 weeks. That's really hard to explain. The 20 point rise started near 11/6, the day of the Droid release and peak advertising. No, there is no correlation to recent events. YouGov's day to day sampling methodology has some very low sampling. The swings in these day-to-day scores just aren't sensical. Perhaps it's a sampling set problem. On some days, there are more disloyal people submitting their surveys, and on other days, there are more loyal people submitting surveys. Apple's and maybe RIMM's brand are very much love-hate, so the sub-sampling sets can wildly vary the scores.
  • Reply 109 of 116
    Quote:

So you state that I'm lying?

It seems unlikely that you are telling the truth, hence my BS comment, but it?s certainly possible that you aren?t installing updates or simply not recalling how many times your system has restarted. I don?t know a single admin that doesn?t reboot Windows servers once a month.
  • Reply 110 of 116
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    So your phone was chosen for you by someone else.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ifail View Post

Feel free, I'd laugh in your face when you'd realize that I'm on BES and not BIS.

Toe the company line, NO CHOICE FOR YOU!
  • Reply 111 of 116
    cbswecbswe Posts: 116member
    pardon my french, but what the heck kind of data is this..

the chart is over just ~*20 days.. if the results are this varied, there really cannot be a conclusion that holds truth for more than a couple of days. I really don't see any way to interpret any insightful meaning in this..
  • Reply 112 of 116
    ifailifail Posts: 463member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

So your phone was chosen for you by someone else.

Toe the company line, NO CHOICE FOR YOU!

Wrong yet again, i have used BB as my phone of choice for going on almost 3 years, long before i ever got onto a BES.

We support any phone that has on device encryption for exchange emails at work (yes, that includes the 3GS) my choice of using Blackberry is because it does everything i need it to and better at doing it to boot.

Besides Apple is giving me very little reasons to switch from my Bold (i can truly multitask on it, be it thru using the phone or looking completely the other direction and still be able to type my email with 95% accuracy) and seeing as how RIM supports BB on Macs one major reason to switch fell completely.
  • Reply 113 of 116
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Don't forget someone somewhere is paying the BES licence, which here in Australia is roughly $A100 a seat.

The Bold web browser is crap, BES does not cover streaming video it's outside RIM's service so you need data on top.

I've seen people with BB's who don't even know they have garbage like brickbreaker running in the background along with other things and wondering why it takes so long to do anything.

Like refresh the media playlist for one thing, which can enter a constant, neverending loop.

You see scrolling to the bottom of a long list to find "exit" is not readily apparent and having it never switch off (It takes so long to start the damn thing.) means that often things have been running for weeks or months without the user being aware of it.

Anyway until you have experienced using an iPhone on a day to day basis you have no way of really knowing how much of a subpar experience you are actually having with the Bold.

I'm glad you are happy, have a nice day.

Quote:

Wrong yet again, i have used BB as my phone of choice for going on almost 3 years, long before i ever got onto a BES.

We support any phone that has on device encryption for exchange emails at work (yes, that includes the 3GS) my choice of using Blackberry is because it does everything i need it to and better at doing it to boot.

Besides Apple is giving me very little reasons to switch from my Bold (i can truly multitask on it, be it thru using the phone or looking completely the other direction and still be able to type my email with 95% accuracy) and seeing as how RIM supports BB on Macs one major reason to switch fell completely.

• Reply 114 of 116
    ifailifail Posts: 463member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Don't forget someone somewhere is paying the BES licence, which here in Australia is roughly $A100 a seat.

The Bold web browser is crap, BES does not cover streaming video it's outside RIM's service so you need data on top.

I've seen people with BB's who don't even know they have garbage like brickbreaker running in the background along with other things and wondering why it takes so long to do anything.

Like refresh the media playlist for one thing, which can enter a constant, neverending loop.

You see scrolling to the bottom of a long list to find "exit" is not readily apparent and having it never switch off (It takes so long to start the damn thing.) means that often things have been running for weeks or months without the user being aware of it.

Anyway until you have experienced using an iPhone on a day to day basis you have no way of really knowing how much of a subpar experience you are actually having with the Bold.

I'm glad you are happy, have a nice day.

I won't lie, the blackberry bold stock browser is GARBAGE, but seeing as how I have skyfire and bolt which gives even Safari a run for it's money in terms of speed (oh and it has flash).

I guess you live in Australia but here you pay for the data plan (30 bucks) then exhange/bes usage (15 bucks) so you have unlimited data to stream movies or whatev.

It's not that hard to hold the back button to close an app, but heaven forbid they could scroll down which takes like one second to do so.

It does take an awful long time from boot up on old 4.x software but on 5.0 this is irrelevant cause it boots in about a minute.I'll be honest after a week of using a berry it's easy to grasp and most people realize that when you open programs you have to close them out kinda like a computer eh?

Anyways if I wanted to use an iPhone I could easily walk over to my girls nightstand and grab hers, but then why would I do that? Btw I'm intrigued at this repeat music list your talking about, cause I've never heard of it
  • Reply 115 of 116
    Always remember...

1) All companies lie about their products or services in one way or another. But to really lie requires the use of statistics.

2) 85% of all statistics are made up.

3) If you plan to use statistics to support your claims, please refer to points #1 & #2.
  • Reply 116 of 116
    Quote:

I won't lie, the blackberry bold stock browser is GARBAGE, but seeing as how I have skyfire and bolt which gives even Safari a run for it's money in terms of speed (oh and it has flash).

For speed, Skyfire is a great alternative for certain mobile OSes but it does have it’s limitations. This Cnet comparison does a pretty good job of the most popular mobile browsers. They even test Fennc, which is hella fast on JS, but I wonder if that is because it’s being used on faster HW than the other devices since I know FF3’s JS engine isnt’ better than Nitro or V8.