Google Chrome for Mac Web browser reaches beta release

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 110
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by harleighquinn View Post

I only just downloaded it yesterday when I saw you post it.

Stable version is 1.5.3

Beta is 1.6b2

http://rentzsch.github.com/clicktoflash/

You are using this on Safari 4.0 right?
  • Reply 102 of 110
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJRumpy View Post

Stable version is 1.5.3

Beta is 1.6b2

http://rentzsch.github.com/clicktoflash/

You are using this on Safari 4.0 right?

Yes. Not running snow leopard though. I really don't know what the issue is, but I do know I can download HD clips but not flash and the gears are working as you said. Basically, from what I see, I assume it's playing the flash video. It doesn't say it's in safari in the browser and it won't let me do anything besides the settings when the video is not active (click to flash) and I get the standard right click options when the video is active.
  • Reply 103 of 110
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Yes. Not running snow leopard though. I really don't know what the issue is, but I do know I can download HD clips but not flash and the gears are working as you said. Basically, from what I see, I assume it's playing the flash video. It doesn't say it's in safari in the browser and it won't let me do anything besides the settings when the video is not active (click to flash) and I get the standard right click options when the video is active.

It looks like it’s not an option through a YouTube channel, you’ll have to the regular site access.
    PS: You’ll know which player it is by looking at the controls. Flash gives you more options than the embedded QT Player, though with more resource overhead.
  • Reply 104 of 110
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

It looks like it?s not an option through a YouTube channel, you?ll have to the regular site access.
    PS: You?ll know which player it is by looking at the controls. Flash gives you more options than the embedded QT Player, though with more resource overhead.

Also, the 10.5.x player won't be black. It will be the old player. I haven't actually tried ClickToFlash under 10.5. Maybe someone else has and can shed a little light?
  • Reply 105 of 110
    Congrats Google! I've downloaded and my first impressions are not bad but a long way to go. See my review on my blog and also download here.
  • Reply 106 of 110
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJRumpy View Post

Also, the 10.5.x player won't be black. It will be the old player. I haven't actually tried ClickToFlash under 10.5. Maybe someone else has and can shed a little light?

I do get the black payer on the same site:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UfCR9V1QSU

But I don't get the load with quicktime option. Mine immediately goes to h.264 and lets me have a play in quicktime option or load in h.264, which is very strange as we are both going to the same site to check this.

I understand the whole channel thing. When I left the channel and went to the video in the regular site, it immediately went to h.264
  • Reply 107 of 110
    Quote:

I do get the black payer on the same site:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UfCR9V1QSU

But I don't get the load with quicktime option. Mine immediately goes to h.264 and lets me have a play in quicktime option or load in h.264, which is very strange as we are both going to the same site to check this.

I understand the whole channel thing. When I left the channel and went to the video in the regular site, it immediately went to h.264

You shouldn?t have Play H.264 Movies in QuickTime checked.
  • Reply 108 of 110
    Quote:

You shouldn?t have Play H.264 Movies in QuickTime checked.

Wow. Even your control panel looks different than mine. I have a couple more options than you show and also some of my descriptions are different.

I unchecked load h.264 in quicktime and that allows me to play all videos, it seems, I haven't checked everything yet, in quicktime.

Now there's the issue of downloading. It still only gives me the option of downloading h.264 and nothing else.

I really don't get what I'm doing wrong....
  • Reply 109 of 110
    Quote:

Wow. Even your control panel looks different than mine. I have a couple more options than you show and also some of my descriptions are different.

I unchecked load h.264 in quicktime and that allows me to play all videos, it seems, I haven't checked everything yet, in quicktime.

Now there's the issue of downloading. It still only gives me the option of downloading h.264 and nothing else.

I really don't get what I'm doing wrong....

I?m using v1.6b2. I have no idea on how to help you out here.
  • Reply 110 of 110
    Quote:

I?m using v1.6b2. I have no idea on how to help you out here.

Is it possible that the fact you are using a beta is the reason you can download flash as well as h.264?

Just a thought....

Anyway, this is good for now. Thanks for all your help.