Microsoft brings Bing to iPhone, RedLaser tops $1M in revenue

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

That is the problem. While you try weakly to claim that you look at both sides, True Believers, i.e. religious fanatics, can never see the other side.

Apple is a company. They don't need or deserve Believers. I have been a hardcore Apple fan since before there were Macs and have convinced many people to switch to Macs, iPhones, iPods, etc. I get being a fanatic...but True believers are an embarrassment.

I have to add: most of your posts make me think you are actually a Windows lovin troll that is just trying to make Apple users and fans look really bad...like unthinking, irrational morons. It was common back in the early days of AI to have WinTrolls come in and pretend to be Mac users and just go right over the top with their ranting about the everlasting perfection and holy goodness of Apple. Sadly, there are really Mac fans whose actions give those trolls all the ammunition they need.

Don't play the troll card, cause I've said Apple hasn't always had great moments... for example Mobile Me... and I'm a believer in what the company and steve jobs stands for.

I encourage my friends to use macs because of my excellent experience with them. I also do provide and contribute to the forums despite my passion to speak for apple when I hear loud mouths say false remarks about the company.
  • Reply 82 of 100
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Enter the power of the App Store.

Two guys. One 2$ app. Over $1 in less than a year.

The app is $2 so they sold 1/2 of of an app?

• Reply 83 of 100
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

Reading this section reminded me of the 1997 MacWorld Keynote when Jobs returned.

He did say during that time that " We need to loose the notion for Apple to Win Microsoft has to loose"

If you are going to quote, at least quote exactly what was said/written, else it's not a quote.

It isn't "loose". It is "lose".

And "Your" is not "you are".
  • Reply 84 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

If you are going to quote, at least quote exactly what was said/written, else it's not a quote.

It isn't "loose". It is "lose".

And "Your" is not "you are".

My apologies, I had it coming eventually
  • Reply 85 of 100
    Any I the only one who is starting to think that Google is much more of a threat to Apple than Microsoft is? If mobile is really the future, then Android is much more viable than WinMobile and therefore the iPhone is much more vulnerable to Google's progress than Microsoft's.

Hence - Bring on Bing and use it through gritted teeth!
  • Reply 86 of 100
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:

Thanks for having no objection to my facts about the time when " Apple sold out" as you put it.

Apple products are the only in the industry one can truly fall in love with and appreciate the innovation and quality of the machine inside and out.... If I had a dell or a sony or hp, I would care less about it, cause their trash to begin with and copycats, TASTELESS TRASH!!.

I would take a G4 powerbook anyday over a current generation PC if given the choice .... Go back to Redmond

I can't fall in love with dead things. Isn't that, in a way, necrophilia?
  • Reply 87 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

I can't fall in love with dead things. Isn't that, in a way, necrophilia?

.... The that means your diagnosed with paraphilia

To answer that I would say Nah it's not.
  • Reply 88 of 100
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

Don't play the troll card, cause I've said Apple hasn't always had great moments... for example Mobile Me... and I'm a believer in what the company and steve jobs stands for.

I encourage my friends to use macs because of my excellent experience with them. I also do provide and contribute to the forums despite my passion to speak for apple when I hear loud mouths say false remarks about the company.

I didn't say you were a troll. Just you me of the Windows using trolls that would come around and try to satirize Apple fans with their over the top rantings. Of course, theirs was just pretense.
  • Reply 89 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zep View Post

you are the reason a lot of PC users get a negative connotation of apple fans/users.

you are so blinded by rage you cant see for 1 second that MS isnt the devil of the world. yes, they do alot of stupid things (balmer is a big stupid thing), but they still support the big businesses and support the legacy hardware that is still used, something apple does not do and as far as i know, will not do.

please just stop posting. you are giving true apple fans a bad name. ( i could say a lot meaner things, but i'd be banned probably permanently )

It seems to me a lot of insecure users go extreme in order tu justify their choice, probably to themselves more than to the others.

Saying "I paid big money, but other alternative was utter trash" sounds much better (and more self-convincing) than "I paid big money, but other alternative can do pretty much everything I can, plus a few more I can't".

But some are genuinely devoted, it seems. Fascinating, as Mr. Spock would say
  • Reply 90 of 100
    Quote:

.... The that means your diagnosed with paraphilia

To answer that I would say Nah it's not.

Yeah, yeah... I'm aware about file difference between necrophilia and paraphilia. Was just joking
  • Reply 91 of 100
    Quote:

Yeah, yeah... I'm aware about file difference between necrophilia and paraphilia. Was just joking

I know it was all in good fun Nik
  • Reply 92 of 100
    Tried Bing on my iPhone and uninstalled after it crashed!

Good old Microsoft!!
  • Reply 93 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icyfog View Post

Red Laser seems like a really cool app. Bing does not.

In fact I don't forsee myself ever downloading Bing.

You're not missing anything so far.

Embarrassingly, Bing listens for a few seconds then crashes when you try a voice search.

Tried it repeatedly on both of my iPhones (3G and 3G S), no joy...
  • Reply 94 of 100
    Tried Bing... Well...

UI is perfectly designed, but is heavy and slow. Search engine is in its juvenile age as compared to Google's one. Couldn't actually find anything useful...

Unnecessarily restrictive localization.

Tons of errors and crashes (how got it approved, I wonder).

Waste of time.
  • Reply 95 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zep View Post

you got some nerd rage going on about microsoft. please tell us how you really feel.

EDIT: i think there are some good features in the bing app. voice search is kinda nice.

good for Red Laser making a good app and making money in the process.

I've got this really weird issue where Bing simply crashes when I try a voice search.

Tried several times on my 3G and my 3G S, same outcome.

Tried rebooting them, but makes no difference.

What am I doing wrong, or is anyone else getting this glitch too?
  • Reply 96 of 100
    Quote:

I know it was all in good fun Nik

Cheers

Say, can you do something about your signature - it appears huge and takes half the screen on my iPhone in landscape mode..?

I can't recall having any problems on desktop, but on phone signature appears huge... Like font size is not scaling as it should.
  • Reply 97 of 100
    Quote:

Cheers

Say, can you do something about your signature - it appears huge and takes half the screen on my iPhone in landscape mode..?

I can't recall having any problems on desktop, but on phone signature appears huge... Like font size is not scaling as it should.

Okay, just for you
  • Reply 98 of 100
    Quote:

Okay, just for you

I didn't mind the message - just the font size! Which you kept as big with new one!
  • Reply 99 of 100
    Quote:

I didn't mind the message - just the font size! Which you kept as big with new one!

I wanted to change the message anyway. I've looked at it on my iPhone and the size isn't that big of a deal.... Hey I've heard lots of users of the bing app have uninstalled it due to (CRASHES) Microsoft always finds a way to implement disaster on even the iPhone App store. Even read the App store reviews

Apple should not allow this Apps approval.

I will also continue to say Microsoft is NOT good for the tech industry. Their Wal-Mart style of business stifles innovation, much like IBM tried in the 80's.
  • Reply 100 of 100
    Quote:

I wanted to change the message anyway. I've looked at it on my iPhone and the size isn't that big of a deal.... Hey I've heard lots of users of the bing app have uninstalled it due to (CRASHES) Microsoft always finds a way to implement disaster on even the iPhone App store. Even read the App store reviews

I guess MS is preparing for WinMo7... by trying to undermine competition

Quote:

Apple should not allow this Apps approval.

And why not? It is harmless. It doesn't go into Apple's territory. What would be reason to refuse it - beside annoying MS? And Apple does want good Office 2010

Quote:

I will also continue to say Microsoft is NOT good for the tech industry. Their Wal-Mart style of business stifles innovation, much like IBM tried in the 80's.

It's almost like saying cars are not good for automotive industry.

Because, MS is tech industry, more than anyone else. For good and bad. Besides, MS is not really Wal-Mart... many of their partners are, but I'd prefer if we stop equalising MS and HP, Dell, Acer. MS does software. It runs on pretty much any desktop hardware out there, Apple included.