Failed terrorist attack prompts new international flight rules

Comments

• Reply 21 of 103
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rorybalmer View Post

What exactly does this have to do with apple? Is Appleinsider trying to become a major source of news now? Cause if so you might want to consider a name change lol.

New iPhone APP - security scanner, scan your fellow passangers with a scanner addon. Available in light and paid versions

But seriousely, this means that soon you might be banned from bringing your iphone to the plane, or some other iphone related restrictions. Terrorists suck.
  • Reply 22 of 103
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

You must have missed the section where it later said:

Why is this front page news should be the question?

Look despite our countries hard efforts to prevent terrorism (Or ANY country for that matter), there will always be stories like this.

Our society is growing more immoral and careless for life everyday. The news only reports negativity and gossip. That's why I careless for TV and don't watch it. Nothing is positive these days, even reading news on the Internet. It's like a sin to report Good news now!.

This current administration doesn't know anything about Terrorism they barely know math . The current handling of the financial meltdown is proof. Astronomical Health Care meetings to drive us further in debt.

Health Care should be handled as such: The government need to put a 40% Tax on fast-food chains that do not have healthy products on there menus.

Also ALL TYPES companies should encourage employees to stay in-shape by giving them bonuses for losing weight if there obese.

The only people who deserve health care are those who have terminal illness's or have generational illness's.

Terrorism should be handled as such:

Anyone caught being a terrorist automatically gets life or death by lethal injection. Also the prisons they'll be in should be prisons that are the size of a porter potty.

Also this should all be done discretely to eliminate the news from broadcasting it, which will prevent the terrorist from seeing their comrades as martyrs.

The people are 75% to blame and the govt for the other 25%. People of ALL NATIONS FORGET WE THE PEOPLE ELECT WHO IS TO RUN THE COUNTRY AND WHAT THE LAWMAKERS CAN DO. Remember the tea party anybody????? Or even historic figures such as Ghandi or Jesus Christ (If you believe in him I dont want to offend anybody, but I do and iRespect others who dont) Martin Luther King whom changed the world for the better by protesting what's wrong with society and demanding change.

Its call The UNITED STATES.. The people in our states must Unite together against Evil and immorality, United We Stand, Divided we Fall. People need to loose the notion of Black White Red Green Yellow etc.. and Judge people by their actions, if your a bad seed you don't get rewarded, if your a good seed you get rewarded.

Lets help others, through not only giving $$$$ but time and knowledge, lets open the doors for each other, lets treat woman with respect, lets treat the less fortunate like their fortunate. THERE IS POWER IN NUMBERS..... IF EVERY AMERICAN WENT TOT THE WHITE HOUSE AND DEMAND CHANGE, CHANGE WOULD HAVE TO COME, OR WILL BURN THE PLACE WE BUILT DOWN AND ELECT NEW PEOPLE WHO WILL DO WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT.

LET THE PEOPLE IN CHINA AND THE MIDDLE EAST BE HEARD AND LET MORE DEMAND CHANGE FROM THERE GOVT.

LET PEOPLE LOOSE THERE OUTER PREJUDICE AND LOOK FOR THE INNER GOOD IN A PERSON!!!!!

Marginal literacy and yelling are common traits for people who espouse opinions like yours. Why?
  • Reply 23 of 103
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

You feel the need to be rude often?

That guy is the problem with this world... you asked a simple question and reasonable and he being the minority TROLL acts as if he's the dali lama of AI..... GLOCKPOP needs to calm down..... Before people start suggesting where you can really pop that glock of yours...

Keep the forums nice man.... Take a page from Solipsism answer.
  • Reply 24 of 103
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Just curious why this news is in this particular blog?

because terrorists are buying those iPhones sold in France that could explode.

but seriously, it's so ridiculous. This nigerian was known as potential terrorist, why don't US security officers just do their work instead of freaking out all other passengers, creating useless rules like you can't use any gadget to recognize your position of the flight. OMG, is it so dificult to imagine people realizing that the flight is lowering its flying hight? you don't need GPS, don't need anything else but your own stomach.

...and this nigerian man didn't need to go to the toilet, the set was set up on his leg, as we heard in the news.
  • Reply 25 of 103
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Keep the forums nice man.... Take a page from Solipsism answer.

I wouldn’t say i was being nice. I was certainly being a little snide in my reply to BetaBee.

I can’t say I’m a fan of people questioning AI’s writers for submitting news that involve technology that Apple sells, whether it’s limiting the usage of or being competition to it I would like to know. I visit this site because of the many types of tech related articles and this forum for the well educated and experienced posters.
  • Reply 26 of 103
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rivertrip View Post

Marginal literacy and yelling are common traits for people who espouse opinions like yours. Why?

It is my opinion but how else do you deal with Terrorism and Health Care??? Spend more?? No don't think so ... People need to get involved, voices need to be heard and people should start talking by actions, cause the terrorist sure are and the gov't realizes that NOT ENOUGH people care about the decisions they make... So now Big Govt just keeps bending us over & hurting everyone...... I personally wish they'd TAX fast food chains soooooo much that people would be forced to eat right and at home buying good food.

Terrorism should be a real global effort through action.... You eliminate bad acts by treating people good. The civilians who live in extreme territories of terrorist would turn those people in but they know the Govt will not protect them, so they keep quiet.... TREAT PEOPLE GOOD, IN RETURN YOU'LL BE TREATED AS WELL.
  • Reply 27 of 103
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I wouldn?t say i was being nice. I was certainly being a little snide in my reply to BetaBee.

I can?t say I?m a fan of people questioning AI?s writers for submitting news that involve technology that Apple sells, whether it?s limiting the usage of or being competition to it I would like to know. I visit this site because of the many types of tech related articles and this forum for the well educated and experienced posters.

Yea this site IMO seems a lil more mature the MacRumors (which I swear 15 and under or 50 and up post on) it's literally like night and day.

You contribute well to the forum here on AI
  • Reply 28 of 103
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Just stop inbound flights from Nigeria.
  • Reply 29 of 103
    Quote:

Yea this site IMO seems a lil more mature the MacRumors (which I swear 15 and under or 50 and up post on) it's literally like night and day.

You contribute well to the forum here on AI

Thanks for the accolade. I do agree with your feeling about MacRumors. There forums do seem to be filled with Digg posters. I usually learn a great deal here. For an Apple-centric site, MacOSXHints.com ’s forum has a lot of long-standing informative posters. It’s where I go for technical assistance.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

Northwest Flight 253 departed from Amsterdam.
  • Reply 30 of 103
    Quote:

That's just a prejudice comment ... If an american flew to the UK or Italy and did this, and these countries said No flights inbound from the US??? or wherever your from.. Then how much in a uproar would the country be??? ....

Think different man... Stop your prejudices, work on equality & learn to judge by character not by the surface of a person
  • Reply 31 of 103
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Thanks for the accolade. I do agree with your feeling about MacRumors. There forums do seem to be filled with Digg posters. I usually learn a great deal here. For an Apple-centric site, MacOSXHints.com ?s forum has a lot of long-standing informative posters. It?s where I go for technical assistance.

Your welcome.....Thanks for the MacOSXHints site, never heard of them.
  • Reply 32 of 103
    The suspect was wearing dark socks. A ban on dark socks for the last hour of flight is also being considered.
  • Reply 33 of 103
    Quote:

That's just a prejudice comment ... If an american flew to the UK or Italy and did this, and these countries said No flights inbound from the US??? or wherever your from.. Then how much in a uproar would the country be??? ....

Think different man... Stop your prejudices, work on equality & learn to judge by character not by the surface of a person

And you are over dramatic. I say stop inbound flights from a country where a failed terrorist attack occurs and suddenly I am judging people based on the surface of a person? What kind of non-sense is that??

How about you stop assuming and reading deep in the tea leaves from a one line comment I make?

It's easy. Nigerian flights have to route through a country with better security measures before coming here.

Knock the chip off your shoulder and check yourself.
  • Reply 34 of 103
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by walshbj View Post

The suspect was wearing dark socks. A ban on dark socks for the last hour of flight is also being considered.

Easy there cowboy. MobileMe is about to accuse you of making prejudice comments.
  • Reply 35 of 103
    Quote:

They don't want the problem solved, because doing so would mean relinquishing power/control back to the populace, who, in the opinions of the govt, are too stupid to take care of themselves.

This is epic irony, considering the govt is too stupid to do damned near anything successfully, yet thinks it should have more power and control than ever.

A simple law permitting off-duty police officers to carry small arms on planes would solve the entire problem of airline security.

As can clearly be evidence by the last TWO bombers, it was the passengers who again saved themselves.

Govt employees and the TSA are inept, and should be fired/dissolved.
  • Reply 36 of 103
    Quote:

And you are over dramatic. I say stop inbound flights from a country where a failed terrorist attack occurs and suddenly I am judging people based on the surface of a person? What kind of non-sense is that??

How about you stop assuming and reading deep in the tea leaves from a one line comment I make?

It's easy. Nigerian flights have to route through a country with better security measures before coming here.

Knock the chip off your shoulder and check yourself.

Okay maybe the vibes from my first rant were still lingering, I apologize.

Yes I would agree that flights should be temporarily stopped until that matter is handled to the best they can.
  • Reply 37 of 103
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by echosonic View Post

they don't want the problem solved, because doing so would mean relinquishing power/control back to the populace, who, in the opinions of the govt, are too stupid to take care of themselves.

This is epic irony, considering the govt is too stupid to do damned near anything successfully, yet thinks it should have more power and control than ever.

A simple law permitting off-duty police officers to carry small arms on planes would solve the entire problem of airline security.

As can clearly be evidence by the last two bombers, it was the passengers who again saved themselves.

Govt employees and the tsa are inept, and should be fired/dissolved.

this is why i say not enough people realize that we can make change!!!

No govt from any country cares about the people to whom they must represent. Govt officials are just spending with the unlimited credit card and then giving middle class and poor people the bill, the rich are educated and side step the laws cause their educated with a team of people.

We need to become together as a people!!

The people stop terror not the govt... We need unity in this world
  • Reply 38 of 103
    Quote:

Easy there cowboy. MobileMe is about to accuse you of making prejudice comments.

.... I'm actually for that idea if True.. Theirs a HUGE difference between SOCKS & Country
  • Reply 39 of 103
    Here is a pic of his underwear and a link to the Wikipage about the explosive he was going to use.
  • Reply 40 of 103
    Quote:

You also need to let go man, I've apologized for my statements and clarified myself.... I just wanted to add that ... " If someone thinks that love and peace is cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and Peace are eternal." - John Lennon