Failed terrorist attack prompts new international flight rules

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 103
    crankycranky Posts: 163member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

PS: I’d like to see the term race completely abolished. We are all still the same genus and species which makes us the same “race" in my [science] book. If anything we are merely breeds, like dogs, with certain superficial characteristics in our appearance and genetic makeup based on our breeding habits. Our biggest differences are cultural and therefore learned… and therefore can be unlearned if we choose to grow as an indivdual, as and a society and as a species.

As have others, I also agree with you on this.
  • Reply 102 of 103
    chighchigh Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maciekskontakt View Post

The fact that American administration requires something does not mean it will be honored by foreign airlines. As far as I know two airlines ignores this requirements as violation towards passengers. I believe that British Airlines is one of them.

Having just flown on BA back into the States, this is partially true. Flying from PRG to LHR, we went through the typical security screenings. Having arrived at LHR and heading to our flight back to ATL, we went through security a second time, and a third time. The third time was the extra screening where we were patted down and our carry-on baggage inspected--piece by piece to the point of flipping through books and papers. My wife was not as thoroughly searched as I was.

Once on board, the 1-hr before landing rule was not enforced. It wasn't even mentioned.

IMO, many of these extra security measures didn't add any extra security. However, it did add an extra two hours to the time of our departure time.

Once we arrived in ATL, we had to go through security yet again just to have the privilege of going from customs (still on the sterile side of the airport and where I was given the choice of the scanner or another pat-down) through the rest of the airport and to baggage claim.