Apple reveals long-awaited multi-touch 'iPad'

Comments

• Reply 61 of 785
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SheldonJohnScott View Post

apple stock is tumbling. not a good sign..

[CENTER]Just a glitch while people figure out exactly how this device is such an (alleged) game changer.

For many, it'll forever be regarded as nothing more than a Super-Sized iPod Touch... which (of course) it is, for others so much more.[/CENTER]
  • Reply 62 of 785
    I hope the Action will fall under the ground. It's so lame. So much hype for nothing... It's just a big sized iPod touch. Wow... FAILED.
  • Reply 63 of 785
    ifailifail Posts: 463member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

I watch a video in Flash and it uses 80% cpu and same video in Quicktime uses 30%. If you support Flash, you associate yourself with crap.

You must have a terrible computer then lol my cpu roughly eats 30% when watching flash videos unless its in HD
  • Reply 64 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

That is probably the last we'll see of Steve. I can't believe he actually thinks this is the best thing Apple has ever created. What a lame product. Maybe some people need this, not me. The functionality is pretty weak in my opinion.

You probably think the Google Nexus One is cool...
  • Reply 65 of 785
    Quote:

I watch a video in Flash and it uses 80% cpu and same video in Quicktime uses 30%. If you support Flash, you associate yourself with crap.

There are things called hardware acceleration these days. How much web video content is in quicktime? Like it or not Flash is still here to stay. The screen size on an iPhone was always a good excuse, however they don't have that excuse now.

As to the gaming aspects, they might get some casual gamers, but its gonna be hard to go head to head with Nintendo for mobile gaming. I could see them competing with Sony however.
  • Reply 66 of 785
    No camera! iChat is a dead issue?

From what I've see sofar 12:50 cst this is a monumental flop.

Sorry Steve.....
  • Reply 67 of 785
    Quote:

and use vlc to get 10% cpu, cos quicktime is also a pig
  • Reply 68 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nblavoie View Post

I hope the Action will fall under the ground. It's so lame. So much hype for nothing... It's just a big sized iPod touch. Wow... FAILED.

Congratulations on your 3rd post. Which viral anti-marketing company do you work for?
  • Reply 69 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

I don't like it. I am sure it will have it's audience, but not for me. No signs of multitasking at the time of this post.

No multi-tasking would be so disappointing.
  • Reply 70 of 785
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macshark View Post

Just a guess: You don't read much?

I guess you didn't read my earlier post where I said I subscribed to LOTS of magazines about art and architecture, plus I work in publishing so I guess you would be wrong.
  • Reply 71 of 785
    Should have put a USB port on it.......
  • Reply 72 of 785
    I hate to admit as a big Apple fan, but I am a bit dissapointed so far. Heres to hoping theres something amazing that hasnt been revealed yet
  • Reply 73 of 785
    Quote:

Unfortunately, about 90% of the web uses crap.
  • Reply 74 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

I love the New York Times reader - something I was hoping for, since newspapers on my Kindle are crap.

We might even get the crossword puzzles with this...
  • Reply 75 of 785
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brit120666 View Post

You probably think the Google Nexus One is cool...

Nope. Iphone since day 1.
  • Reply 76 of 785
    When Apple changed the name of their portable line from PowerBook to MacBook, I wasn't all that thrilled about it, but looking back, it made a lot of sense (seeing that Apple dropped the old PowerPC chip in favor of Intel). iPad? It really is the only name that makes any sense, if you think about it. iSlate? Nah. iPad will grow on folks over time.
  • Reply 77 of 785
    I am not impressed at all with this tablet and want to see what software comes with this hardware and how is it going to be developed in future. Nothing earth shattering and basically living off the iPhone great start for apple in smartphone sector.

I wait until I get more details before, i buy this one, at moment 5/10 effort, certainly for me NOT slam dunk and I will be watching the market closely and actually thinking for the first time to dump some Apple shares.

Lets see what the support and software is, but I am disappointed, since it is certainly does not have the impact like iPhone did in its release.

Soul

Edit 6/10, since I be able to ran Skype on it and but I see no webcam or did I miss that in the spec?
  • Reply 78 of 785
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    All of this hype and this is all we get -- a big iPod touch?

This thing had better be priced less than $600.
  • Reply 79 of 785
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gt1948 View Post

No camera! iChat is a dead issue?

From what I've see sofar 12:50 cst this is a monumental flop.

Sorry Steve.....

[CENTER]What makes you think that?

Unless I'm mistaken it does (in fact) have a very capable camera... possibly two!.[/CENTER]
  • Reply 80 of 785
    ifailifail Posts: 463member
    jesus christ these games look awful their demoing.