Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ysean View Post

blah blah

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SheldonJohnScott View Post

apple stock down

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nblavoie View Post

I hope the Action will fall under the ground. It's so lame. So much hype for nothing... It's just a big sized iPod touch. Wow... FAILED.

All of you morons just registered today to ditch apple? For crying out loud don't you idiots have anything better to do than troll apple product launches....2 posts, 1 post, 3 posts, everyone of you...get a girlfriend, or boyfriend...jesus...apple is so hot all the losers flog around like flies.
  • Reply 82 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by frankie View Post

Should have put a USB port on it.......

agreed ! sd slot too.
  • Reply 83 of 785
    i_ii_i Posts: 10member
    I called the name First time iPad was mentioned as a possibility I said it was the first good name I heard. It just sounds Apple. iSlate is a terrible name, sounds too hard whereas iPad is soft and cuddly. Can't wait to see some decent games on this.
  • Reply 84 of 785
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    [CENTER]Here We Go... iPad's 'Killer App' - iBooks![/CENTER]
  • Reply 85 of 785
    I don't like how it looks, sorry I really don't, I hope the new iPhone won't look the same. And IPS LCD screen? Come-on there has to be something more, let's find out (still running).

The sw looks super cool though, I hope the new iPhone will get these pop-up menu's, tools and widget.
  • Reply 86 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

but I am disappointed, since it is certainly does not have the impact like iPhone did in its release.

What device could do that in the near future? It is very hard to live up to a huge hype. Ask Reggie Bush, Ryan Leaf.......
  • Reply 87 of 785
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nutela View Post

I don't like how it looks, sorry I really don't, I hope the new iPhone won't look the same. And IPS LCD screen? Come-on there has to be something more, let's find out (still running).

The sw looks super cool though, I hope the new iPhone will get these pop-up menu's, tools and widget.

[CENTER]The hardware does look extremely 'dated', but the GUI/OS is looking very nice... Especially iBooks[/CENTER]
  • Reply 88 of 785
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    "Five big partners... Penguin, Macmillion, Simon & Shuster... and more."

LOL. McGraw-Hill got ditched from the presentation
  • Reply 89 of 785
    And finally the Apple Bookstore: iBooks. It would be interesting to find out what percentage is Apple's cut from each book sale. Since they already have the entire infrastructure in place because of iTunes, this would be pretty much pure profit for Apple.
  • Reply 90 of 785
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Where's McGraw-Hill?
  • Reply 91 of 785
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    And why the *&^@ is the bezel around the screen so flippin' wide? Apple, WTF?
  • Reply 92 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by scavanger View Post

There are things called hardware acceleration these days. How much web video content is in quicktime? Like it or not Flash is still here to stay. The screen size on an iPhone was always a good excuse, however they don't have that excuse now.

As to the gaming aspects, they might get some casual gamers, but its gonna be hard to go head to head with Nintendo for mobile gaming. I could see them competing with Sony however.

It has already been seen statistically that the iPod Touch is hurting Nintendo's mobile gaming ecosystem.

I see the decision to NOT support flash as a very good & forethought move. Flash sucks. It was never meant to handle video or complex processing of any kind (such as these lamentable flash games on the popular social networking sites). This is largely why it is such a resource hog. The functionality was a bolt-on and has never been optimized or integrated properly. You may be surprised that JAVA is faster and uses much less resources than flash. I'm all for the HTML5 movement as long as implementation is done intelligently. It's time for flash to die. It has outlived itself.
  • Reply 92 of 785
    This thing is OK. For the first time I feel overhype from jobs. Nothing ground breaking here. Cool name and processor. It looks ugly - oversized iphone. super wide bezel and rounded corners.. NO USB. they wont fly off the shelves-
  • Reply 94 of 785
    pt123pt123 Posts: 696member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

YouTube and Vimeo both work in Safari without Flash player now.

Unfortunately my preferred video sites, nfl.com and hulu.com, use flash :-(
  • Reply 95 of 785
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,824member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

"Five big partners... Penguin, Macmillion, Simon & Shuster... and more."

LOL. McGraw-Hill got ditched from the presentation

Noticed that too. \
  • Reply 96 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

What device could do that in the near future? It is very hard to live up to a huge hype. Ask Reggie Bush, Ryan Leaf.......

Yeah but at least there could have given us something that was not basic copy of iPhone with improved processor and larger storage. This is 2-3 years of work and secrecy...come on

I wait and see
  • Reply 97 of 785
    i386i386 Posts: 91member
    It makes no sense this device. I use my iphone to read a lot in the odds of places but this thing who needs it ?

I suppose you could play electronic board games on it with the family. Unless it's like 200 - 300 euros maybe.

I think Jobs fails to understand e-ink which is the future to replace paper, it's easier to read and has super battery life.

Also the screen is the wrong size it's too large and too small. Big fat failure this, another Apple TV
  • Reply 98 of 785
    mr. kmr. k Posts: 115member
    I'm intrigued. Considering that this looks like a device category that nobody quite knows what to make of, I imagine you'll need to get hands-on with this thing to 'get it'.

And, uh...the bezel is wide so you can hold the damn thing without covering the screen.
  • Reply 99 of 785
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nutela View Post

And IPS LCD screen? Come-on there has to be something more, let's find out (still running).

What is wrong with a high-res IPS screen? This is currently the highest quality display technology that is available for displays of this size. If Apple went with something like OLED, they would not only run into supply issues, but also other problems as the OLED technology is not yet proven for displays of this size. We might see an OLED display in v2 or v3 of iPad, not because it will improve the display quality but most likely because it will reduce the power consumption.
  • Reply 100 of 785
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    It has productivity apps! We are witnessing the death of the mouse people. And maybe the long term replacement of the Mac.