Inside Apple's lawsuit against HTC

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 127
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post

yes i do realize that. you show me a post where you use a harsh term like 'stealing' and suggest apple is doing so. i also see that you seem to call most people who speak out against apple as 'odius trolls' or 'trolls'. how many times have you called people 'trolls' or insinuated that?

i wasn't trying to change the meaning just pointing out how pointed your comments are when it comes to apple vs others.

1) You seriously can't see whyI'd use the italicization on that word in that sentence except to conclude that it's to negate my use of "possibly", "might" and "if" all within that same sentence? Seriously?

2) I call the people who are trolls, trolls. It seems the mods have cleaned house again because they seem to have been banished again... but they'll be back. Disagreeing with me or hating Apple for whatever reason you may have is fine by me, but at least try to be objective in your comments. If it becomes excessive and it seems someone is posting here just to nasty and throw off the thread for some silly agenda then they will deemed trolls, too.
  • Reply 122 of 127
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1) You seriously can't see whyI'd use the italicization on that word in that sentence except to conclude that it's to negate my use of "possibly", "might" and "if" all within that same sentence? Seriously?

2) I call the people who are trolls, trolls. It seems the mods have cleaned house again because they seem to have been banished again... but they'll be back. Disagreeing with me or hating Apple for whatever reason you may have is fine by me, but at least try to be objective in your comments. If it becomes excessive and it seems someone is posting here just to nasty and throw off the thread for some silly agenda then they will deemed trolls, too.

I wish we could do something like this: if you have, say, over 20 posts, and each and every one of them is simply variants on "I see you do what your Lord and Master Jobs commands" or "LOL insert bad thing about Apple here" or "Typically fan boy" then you get banned.

I have like 15 people on my ignore list at this point, and growing, and threads are becoming increasingly difficult to bother with because ever larger swaths of them are nothing but stuff like that.

I mean, how many sarcastic "I thought Apple was all about unicorns and love" posts can, say, an iGenius make before he's deemed a drag on the community? And yes, he's on my ignore list, but these people get repeatedly quoted, so the general clamor of "APPLE SUX" is hard to avoid.

And no, my ignore list isn't populated with anyone who dares speak ill of Apple. It pisses my off that I even have to explain that. It's entirely people who have nothing, nothing at all to contribute but snark and sarcasm.

At what point does Apple Insider become a predominately Apple bashing site? Are the mods just going to roll with that? I'm considering just throwing in the towel, because I really don't like having conversations when there's a sizable number of people in the room that can't muster anything better than "LOL you guys are stupid."
  • Reply 123 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

doesn't really address my post very well. you try and be a bit more objective too is all the advice i can give you.

and i really don't understand you people that scream 'where are the moderators' when they encounter someone who disagrees with them or makes a single post they don't like. in any case, i see no reason to continue since we are getting nowhere.
  • Reply 124 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I see. So you bought some top end Mac gear (apparently unaware that they were "overpriced"). And then, after dropping a minimum of $3500 you "looked into" how Apple was run and decided it was too dreadful to support.

But you keep abreast of Apple info by registering on an Apple enthusiast site to do literally nothing but rag on Apple and its users.

I often wonder why trolls think they need a little back story to bestow legitimacy? Because legitimacy comes from doing something other than posting nothing but bile.

i knew apple's prices were high, but i got caught in the reality distortion that apple is so good at. my bad. and yes a plunked down a good chunk of change on my own apple products after working with users who used macs running os x (os 9 had been banished years ago and we went total MS).

i am on many sites. i have to keep up with virtually every aspect of technology. for someone to insinuate that this site is overrun with 'apple haters' is ludicrious. just take some time and read the posts. i have supported macs for years before os x and i support os x users now. i have supported and used windows for years. i have come to see that none are ideal and all have some flaws. i will 'rag' on aspects of windows as well. os x has things superior to windows and windows has some things superior to os x. i am not part of any cult. i try to tell it like i see it. you may or may not agree with me. thats the point. sorry if you got your feathers ruffled.
  • Reply 125 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post

i knew apple's prices were high, but i got caught in the reality distortion that apple is so good at. my bad. and yes a plunked down a good chunk of change on my own apple products after working with users who used macs running os x (os 9 had been banished years ago and we went total MS).

i am on many sites. i have to keep up with virtually every aspect of technology. for someone to insinuate that this site is overrun with 'apple haters' is ludicrious. just take some time and read the posts. i have supported macs for years before os x and i support os x users now. i have supported and used windows for years. i have come to see that none are ideal and all have some flaws. i will 'rag' on aspects of windows as well. os x has things superior to windows and windows has some things superior to os x. i am not part of any cult. i try to tell it like i see it. you may or may not agree with me. thats the point. sorry if you got your feathers ruffled.

Yeah. You haven't had a single thing to say other than to reproach people for thinking Apple has every innovated, or has any basis for protecting their IP, or is anything but a "tyrant" for running a proprietary ecosystem. You can claim open mindedness all you like, but you obviously have an axe to grind and had to go out of your way to register to let us all know about your dim view of Apple.

My feathers are hardly "ruffled", I'm just not a huge fan pointless and obvious lies.
  • Reply 126 of 127
    [QUOTE=addabox;1584361]Yeah. You haven't had a single thing to say other than to reproach people for thinking Apple has every innovated, or has any basis for protecting their IP, or is anything but a "tyrant" for running a proprietary ecosystem. You can claim open mindedness all you like, but you obviously have an axe to grind and had to go out of your way to register to let us all know about your dim view of Apple.

My feathers are hardly "ruffled", I'm just not a huge fan pointless and obvious lies.[/QUOT

so everyone you disagree with is always a liar right? i haven't lied about a single thing. and if i didn't suspect you were a psychotic nut i would point you to my twitter account and webpage.

but i think this from your public profile says it all:

interests

pointless bickering, piano, art
  • Reply 127 of 127
    [QUOTE=screamingfist;1584517]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Yeah. You haven't had a single thing to say other than to reproach people for thinking Apple has every innovated, or has any basis for protecting their IP, or is anything but a "tyrant" for running a proprietary ecosystem. You can claim open mindedness all you like, but you obviously have an axe to grind and had to go out of your way to register to let us all know about your dim view of Apple.

My feathers are hardly "ruffled", I'm just not a huge fan pointless and obvious lies.[/QUOT

so everyone you disagree with is always a liar right? i haven't lied about a single thing. and if i didn't suspect you were a psychotic nut i would point you to my twitter account and webpage.

but i think this from your public profile says it all:

interests

pointless bickering, piano, art

No, everyone who disagrees with me is not a liar, you twit. Is everyone who disagrees with you a psychotic nut?

Again, you have not posted a single thing here that hasn't centered on taking Apple and its users to task, and you had to register on an Apple enthusiast site to do so. I think that speaks for itself, and puts the lie to your claims of balance and objectivity. Simple as that.

I think it's cute that you care enough to look at my profile and brandish a joke as evidence of something.