39% of BlackBerry owners say they'd switch to an iPhone

Comments

• Reply 21 of 100
    richysrichys Posts: 160member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rocut View Post

Why would I say bye bye to open up running multiple applications at once?

So, are you an iPhone or Android user?

Interestingly, a massive number of Android users (well, a massive percentage of the small actually number of users) said they definitely would not get an iPhone. It seems to be that they've made a very active 'anything but iPhone' decision. Silly Penguinistas, in other words.
  • Reply 22 of 100
    finetunesfinetunes Posts: 2,065member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Please don't. This post means nothing and you know it. If she spent 1 day with an iPhone she'd be typing faster. It happens to everyone, so your kid is likely no exception.

She's tried it and she likes the BB Curve better for texting--her choice and opinion. She does like the iPhone and may get the 4G---and she's not a kid.

I only posted this because it is the truth--you can believe this or not. What you want to make of it is your opinion. DONE
  • Reply 23 of 100
    buzdotsbuzdots Posts: 452member
    Quote:

Are you surprised that 24% of iPhone users are ready to bail for the Android as well?

Nope, definitely all male!
  • Reply 24 of 100
    rocutrocut Posts: 8member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichyS View Post

So, are you an iPhone or Android user?

Interestingly, a massive number of Android users (well, a massive percentage of the small actually number of users) said they definitely would not get an iPhone. It seems to be that they've made a very active 'anything but iPhone' decision. Silly Penguinistas, in other words.

Maybe it's the ability to run multiple applications at once? That's a possibility. Why do you think the next iPhone OS will have that ability? Granted, there are fans of both sides who will not get an iPhone or an Android device, so you have to look at both sides of the argument. A massive number of iPhone users as well said they definitely would not get an iPhone at 41% - which according to the article that's enough to call it "nearly half". However, you did not find this interesting.
  • Reply 25 of 100
    crift2012crift2012 Posts: 124member
    Quote:

Why would I say bye bye to open up running multiple applications at once?

nice first post google troll...and you can run multiple applications at once on the iphone

OS...just not third party apps...

and some developers have written radio programs that you can run in the background using the safari browser...like WunderRadio

without jailbreaking...

what are you guys going to rail about when multitasking is intuitively built into the Iphone OS 4.0?

You guys wont have anything to say? what a sad day that will be for you guys...well you still have the AT&T strawman
  • Reply 26 of 100
    ghostface147ghostface147 Posts: 1,629member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

and she's not a kid.

I don't think the poster inferred that your child was very young by calling her your kid, but in reality she is your kid, adult or not.
  • Reply 27 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crift2012 View Post

nice first post google troll...and you can run multiple applications at once on the iphone

OS...just not third party apps...

and some developers have written radio programs that you can run in the background using the safari browser...like WunderRadio

without jailbreaking...

what are you guys going to rail about when multitasking is intuitively built into the Iphone OS 4.0?

You guys wont have anything to say? what a sad day that will be for you guys...well you still have the AT&T strawman

Oh I don't know, maybe something about the lack of LED flash. Tell me, what are some areas that the iPhone can improve on? Or is it the perfect and magical phone?
  • Reply 28 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

I don't think the poster inferred that your child was very young by calling her your kid, but in reality she is your kid, adult or not.

Agreed, my kid, not PMZ's, so more courtesy should have been given. Thanks.
  • Reply 29 of 100
    iluviluv Posts: 123member
    Quote:

Maybe it's the ability to run multiple applications at once? That's a possibility. Why do you think the next iPhone OS will have that ability? Granted, there are fans of both sides who will not get an iPhone or an Android device, so you have to look at both sides of the argument. A massive number of iPhone users as well said they definitely would not get an iPhone at 41% - which according to the article that's enough to call it "nearly half". However, you did not find this interesting.

I hope that the iPhone never get's any kind of multitasking. That is just asking for viruses.
  • Reply 30 of 100
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:

Do you do a lot of texting? My daughter likes her BB Curve since it's easier to use than an iPhone for texting--she likes the raised keys rather than iPhone's virtual keys--less errors.

I do a fair amount of texting on my iPhone. To me, texting on the BB Curve wasn't all that much better. After a few days, I got used to the soft keyboard of the iphone and learned to somewhat trust the auto-correct feature. Now I can type fairly comfortably on the iPhone (especially since they added the ability to switch to landscape mode while texting.
  • Reply 31 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rob55 View Post

I do a fair amount of texting on my iPhone. To me, texting on the BB Curve wasn't all that much better. After a few days, I got used to the soft keyboard of the iphone and learned to somewhat trust the auto-correct feature. Now I can type fairly comfortably on the iPhone (especially since they added the ability to switch to landscape mode while texting.

Wasn't aware of the landscaping feature--that would make it a lot easier to type. For me, I don't do any texting so it won't matter, but I'll tell my daughter about it. Thanks.
  • Reply 32 of 100
    asianbobasianbob Posts: 797member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLuv View Post

I hope that the iPhone never get's any kind of multitasking. That is just asking for viruses.

Guess what?!

The iPhone OS already can do multitasking (as many here will point out). It just doesn't implement it on third-party apps...yet.

But in your infinite wisdom, I'm curious how you think multitasking = viruses. Please explain.
  • Reply 33 of 100
    Quote:

Oh I don't know, maybe something about the lack of LED flash. Tell me, what are some areas that the iPhone can improve on? Or is it the perfect and magical phone?

Nothing is going to be prefect for everyone. While I may be quite happy with my iPhone 3G, the next person may find it's lack of video capability a deal breaker. Assuming they added multi-tasking and an LED flash to the next gen iPhone, I'm sure there are other things that people would want and complain that the iPhone didn't have.
  • Reply 34 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLuv View Post

It's going to get it, and I think it needs it. With multi-tasking the iPhone will be on top of my list to buy.
  • Reply 35 of 100
    Quote:

Wasn't aware of the landscaping feature--that would make it a lot easier to type. For me, I don't do any texting so it won't matter, but I'll tell my daughter about it. Thanks.

Are you kidding, the ability to go to landscape mode while texting and emailing was a Godsend.

The keyboard, at that point, becomes about the size of a BB keyboard.
  • Reply 36 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crift2012 View Post

...well you still have the AT&T strawman

What 'strawman'? I had and loved an iPhone for a year, until I got fed up with AT&T. I would love to ditch my Storm in favor of a new iPhone but Apple needs to quit propping up AT&T and make the iPhone available through more providers. To this day I don't understand how providers are allowed (by consumers) to limit the devices they provide service to. It's like California saying only Chevrolets can drive on thier roads, isn't it?
  • Reply 37 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lordechoside View Post

Apple needs to quit propping up AT&T and make the iPhone available through more providers. To this day I don't understand how providers are allowed (by consumers) to limit the devices they provide service to. It's like California saying only Chevrolets can drive on thier roads, isn't it?

No, it's not like that.
  • Reply 38 of 100
    iluviluv Posts: 123member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AsianBob View Post

But in your infinite wisdom, I'm curious how you think multitasking = viruses. Please explain.

It is like Windows.
  • Reply 39 of 100
    Only if an iphone can be had on a different network. Never - ATT. They blow in so many different ways.. let me count the ways.. oh wait, I already got to dbl digits.

NO AT&T, hell no, we won't go to ATT&T!
  • Reply 40 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lordechoside View Post

...I would love to ditch my Storm in favor of a new iPhone but Apple needs to quit propping up AT&T and make the iPhone available through more providers. To this day I don't understand how providers are allowed (by consumers) to limit the devices they provide service to. It's like California saying only Chevrolets can drive on thier roads, isn't it?

Agreed, Apple definitely needs to open the iPhone up to Verizon or Sprint. Seems like win win to me. As for your analogy, it's not quite the same thing. It's AT&T's network, not the Fed's.