Apple iPad owners report Wi-Fi connection issues

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 164
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Apple has posted a support page for iPad WiFi issues...
  • Reply 162 of 164
    zoolookzoolook Posts: 657member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

That's fine if you're the network administrator or it's something you have at home. Not something you can necessarily as the Cafe or Airport Lounge to do is it?
  • Reply 163 of 164
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

A support page, yes. An update, or a solution? No.

What's their retort for what they call "3rd party routers" that aren't dual band at all?

Plenty of normally functioning routers with no issues that the iPad should have no problem connecting to. I hate when they pawn off their issues on other equipment as if that's actually the problem. This is what they say now, but within a week there will be a 3.2.1 to fix this issue.

As I was typing this, my ipad dropped off my network and forced me to manually reconnect. I'm sitting next to the router as well.
  • Reply 164 of 164
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

A support page, yes. An update, or a solution? No.

What's their retort for what they call "3rd party routers" that aren't dual band at all?

Plenty of normally functioning routers with no issues that the iPad should have no problem connecting to. I hate when they pawn off their issues on other equipment as if that's actually the problem. This is what they say now, but within a week there will be a 3.2.1 to fix this issue.

As I was typing this, my ipad dropped off my network and forced me to manually reconnect. I'm sitting next to the router as well.

What are you expecting? It just went on sale on Saturday and has reportedly sold 1/2 million units, with an official statement of 300k from Apple. There will be issues, and the nature of WiFi would suggest that many of these issues will be from WiFi.

I've had no problem with any Mac product but I've helped people with WiFi problems for years across all types of devices running different OSes. There are so many possibilities to simply expect an instant fix for everyone. Could be HW, could be OS, could be driver, could be user error, could be design, could be interference, but likely a combination of several of those things.

Just because Apple's PR team calls it magic doesn't mean we should expect miracles.

PS: When the next update comes I guarantee we'll get a rush of posts saying how WiFi doesn't work.