Apple announces iPhone 4 sold 1.7 million in first three days

Comments

• Reply 41 of 140
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

Radio Shack will offer you $200 for your 3GS.

seriously? Thanks, Postulant! i'll check it out!
  • Reply 42 of 140
    wurm5150wurm5150 Posts: 763member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shard View Post

I maybe wrong but I doubt Apple will go with another provider in the US unless they all move towards a common network infrastructure in the future.

True... Not happening anytime soon. I spoke to an AT&T regional manager and he said AT&T just renewed its contract with Apple through 2014.

All...Don't hold your breath!

The only way Apple's phone ends up other than AT&T is if it's a completely different phone from the iPhone. I mean totally different phone with a different name.
  • Reply 43 of 140
    s4mb4s4mb4 Posts: 267member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tumme-totte View Post

No, agree!

But for those complaining about glass and reception - there will be plenty - because 1? of 1,7 m iPhones is 1700. Number are big these days!

Now I just wonder when I can motivate this for myself...\

FAIL. 1% of 1.7 million is 17,000.
  • Reply 44 of 140
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

i need a life

Me too!
  • Reply 45 of 140
    As far as the supply issue...Apple should just have on of their Chinese Suppliers just build another factory and Fedex should lease another 747. I mean China is building so fast it's on the scale of building a city the size of San Francisco EVERY DAY! Their economy has grown, on average, 10% a year for the last 30 years!

And in their spare time they can build a CDMA factory for a Verizon iPhone!

There, problem(s) solved!
  • Reply 46 of 140
    onhkaonhka Posts: 1,025member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lxg View Post

Nice...I'm not surprised...I even gave the competition a chance and tried out their phones. It's not the same. there was always a missing element, touch or feel with the other maker's software, OS or hardware. Yup...I'm not surprised by these sales. Love my iPhone 4 ...just wish Tom Tom would drop their price on the GPS App or Garmin develop one.

$50 for US. $60 US and Canada. Lots of data. Over 1.25GBs.

Great app. Especially with their Car Kit. Most used app on my iPhone.
  • Reply 47 of 140
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jerseymac View Post

As far as I know, the only thing apple said was "talk to the hand."

no, it was "talk to the right hand". left hand not so good for some. :P
  • Reply 48 of 140
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,272member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

seriously? Thanks, Postulant! i'll check it out!

You have to buy your new iPhone 4 through them though... they'll give you an in store credit, which you'll then apply to your phone.
  • Reply 49 of 140
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    would have been way more if the servers could handle the volume, and if the white iphone hadn't suffered from some kind of production error.

They'll learn their lesson, and next year hopefully these issues won't keep them from smashing their previous number.
  • Reply 50 of 140
    So they had around $1 Billion in sales in 3 days. Not bad. (If you count the full retail paid including the difference payed by carriers.)
  • Reply 51 of 140
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post

whats a ??
  • Reply 52 of 140
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

except that none of those are anything new. ATT has always allowed those paying high plans to update before 24 months, depending on how much higher they were

and the 'last month' thing is in part simply the standard 30 day policy. I believe they extended it by a couple of weeks because of the timing of the announcement and the release but otherwise it was just SOP

well some of what i said must be true ??

anyway i think if i hand my local best buy mnger a crisp 50- i can get a sealed 32g within a week

i hope

i can wait until they come in stock

saying goodbye to verizon will be sad thou

peace

• Reply 53 of 140
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post

17800 if you can't count so well
  • Reply 54 of 140
    walneywalney Posts: 70member
  • Reply 55 of 140
    boogabooga Posts: 1,082member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

My problem is that clearly, they couldn't make that many. You made it sound like it was no problem. Manufacturing MUST be considered.

The question in my mind, though, is the demand side of the equation. If Apple had had an infinite supply of each phone available at launch, what would the sales have looked like? Although the 3GS sold more than the 3G at its launch, my recollection is that the 3G was actually more in demand. And the demand for the iPhone 4 is off the charts. I don't know anyone who wouldn't love one.
  • Reply 56 of 140
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Glad to know THERE ARE NO RECEPTION ISSUES anwyay to worry about. Because Steve said so.

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/27/...ue-stay-tuned/

I know, I'm tired of being negative about this whole thing. The tide is coming in.
  • Reply 57 of 140
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

would have been way more if the servers could handle the volume, and if the white iphone hadn't suffered from some kind of production error.

They'll learn their lesson, and next year hopefully these issues won't keep them from smashing their previous number.

I don't recall reading anyone having any activation issues this year. Is that not the servers you are talking about?

The biggest factors seem to be supply & demand (which won't get better next year) and faulty devices (which could seem even larger next year even if they lower the rate of failure).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BTBlomberg View Post

So they had around $1 Billion in sales in 3 days. Not bad. (If you count the full retail paid including the difference payed by carriers.)

And I don't see the rate falling dramatically on a per week basis for some time.
  • Reply 58 of 140
    ghostface147ghostface147 Posts: 1,629member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wurm5150 View Post

True... Not happening anytime soon. I spoke to an AT&T regional manager and he said AT&T just renewed its contract with Apple through 2014.

Right because the regional manager has access to that information. Show us the proof.
  • Reply 59 of 140
    cory bauercory bauer Posts: 1,286member
    I wonder if this figure includes all of the backlogged orders that won't be shipping for 3 weeks.
  • Reply 60 of 140
    bartbuzzbartbuzz Posts: 131member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macarena View Post

Apple is Doomed!

Your sarcasm gave me a Monday chuckle.