Consumer Reports: signal issues not unique iPhone 4, no reason not to buy

1171819202123»

Comments

• Reply 441 of 451
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

What? You're not having problems? I guess all the rest of us should just STFU, right?.

I couldn't have said it better. So STFU already.
  • Reply 442 of 451
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

Frankly, the vuvuzelas make a far less irritating noise than you do lately.

Just put me on your ignore list. Problem solved.
  • Reply 443 of 451
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

That’s like putting tape on the 3G-Spot, it masks the problem but it doesn’t fix it. I think one of the two has a "design flaw" and is constantly "short circuiting”. (That’s a joke, Ireland! )
  • Reply 444 of 451
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Seriously, that's like asking TechDud to stop creating user names.

Besides, too many poster think you might know something, so they keep responding to you.
  • Reply 445 of 451
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

That?s like putting tape on the 3G-Spot, it masks the problem but it doesn?t fix it. I think one of the two has a "design flaw" and is constantly "short circuiting?. (That?s a joke, Ireland! )

What they said.
  • Reply 446 of 451
    chopperchopper Posts: 246member
    The number of personal attacks at AI seems to be competing with actual posts debating the issues. Surely, if you believe that posters are trolling, you can alert the mods and have those people warned and banned.

But this "attack the poster, not his argument" mentality hints strongly at the attacker's inability to deliver a cogent argument. Personal abuse is not an alternative to reason.

And just in case I'm accused of whining, I understand the frustration that some here feel, seeing a lot of recent criticism of Apple and some product issues. It's tempting to put it down to a co-ordinated troll attack, but the more reasonable explanation is that there's a rare mis-step by Apple and people want to express their concern and disappointment.

This is an appropriate forum for that expression. At least it's in the family, and not happening on a more general tech site that would have a wider audience.

In my opinion, if you're resorting to personal attack, you're admitting that you're intellectually bankrupt. Let's keep it civil huh folks?
  • Reply 447 of 451
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

What they said.

• Reply 448 of 451
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Well at the end of the day the question is with the death grip, does the iPhone4 still have a better reception than any grip on the iPhone 3GS? Indications are maybe, maybe not?

I am still awaiting further clarity on this issue. Ireland's in for the long haul, let's just help him loosen up a bit from time to time
  • Reply 449 of 451
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Well at the end of the day the question is with the death grip, does the iPhone4 still have a better reception than any grip on the iPhone 3GS? Indications are maybe, maybe not?

I am still awaiting further clarity on this issue. Ireland's in for the long haul, let's just help him loosen up a bit from time to time

Ireland has a death grip on the situation that he?ll likely not get the data if and when it?s resolved.
  • Reply 450 of 451
    sapgurusapguru Posts: 7member
    Hi

we live in Switzerland, altough the iPhone 4 is not officially available here, we drove quickly over to France and bought a couple of iPhone 4. We came back and tested them really hard... espescially we tested this reception issue and we have no issues here.

We use Swisscom in Switzerland, that's the largest Operator and there are no dropped calls, no signal loss, nothing ! We use to touch it around the antenna, we even touched it with our tongue ! nothing... it works, no issues here...

We think you have a problem with the operator, in Switzerland there is absolutely no signal issues and dropped calls, nothing!

Greeting

G
  • Reply 451 of 451
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

You used the word "due", as opposed to 'do', in the second to last sentence.

But not to worry, brucep has little room to complain...

'alot' is two words... 'a lot'.

'discusting' should be spelled 'disgusting'.

wow

thanks

i fixed em' goodly

i once knew a guy we called dr spell good

anyway ghost is still wrong