Apple Retail tells employees something big is on the way

Comments

• Reply 21 of 115
    stillmanstillman Posts: 16member
    This article starts off in a state of high excitement about something revolutionary on the way then trails off into some guff about a barcode scanner that tells you the nutritional value of the meal you've just eaten. WTF? Did I really just read this or was it just a dream?
  • Reply 22 of 115
    chillichilli Posts: 40member
    "something revolutionary will soon be introduced "

Hardware? Software? Service?
  • Reply 23 of 115
    kuzaakkuzaak Posts: 1member
    This is an easy one..

"It's coming!," --- Verizon Wireless

"It's going to be big!" - Again, Verizon Wireless aka BIG Red.
  • Reply 24 of 115
    oflifeoflife Posts: 120member
    ...as debate the latest iGossip, Planet X further encroaches on the inner regions of the solar system.
  • Reply 25 of 115
    zeromeuszeromeus Posts: 182member
    All the employees will be trained on how to activate an iphone with a different carrier???

Launch of a new app iDate for employees to date each other??? LOL

I'm hoping for iPhone with T-Mobile.
  • Reply 26 of 115
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stillman View Post

This article starts off in a state of high excitement about something revolutionary on the way then trails off into some guff about a barcode scanner that tells you the nutritional value of the meal you've just eaten. WTF? Did I really just read this or was it just a dream?

This could imply Apple in the retail chain of any kind of products. Could be a big deal!
  • Reply 27 of 115
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chilli View Post

1/ New iPod Touch ?

2/ New iPod nano ?

3/ New touchpad for desktop computers ?

4/ New MacBook Air with touch screen ?

5/ Mac OS XI "HellCat" with touch screen support and iOS interface ?

6/ iTunes for free for iPhone 4 new owners ?

7/ Apple TV ???

8/ iPhone 5 with new antenna design ? (more likely for Q1 2011...)

9/ I forgot: MAC OS X for PC!!!

New iPod touch? Yes - just like every year. In September like every year.

New iPod nano? Same deal. Wait until September.

New touchpad for desktop computers? I sure hope so. Time to bring full multi-touch to the desktop.

New MacBook Air with touch screen? No. Apple will never ship a touchscreen device with a physical keyboard.

Mac OS XI "HellCat"? Not until next year. At the earliest.

iTunes for free? It's already free. Do you mean MobileMe for free? That's possible.

Apple TV? Maybe, but only if and when a total ground-up hardware+software+cloud+streaming makeover is ready.

iPhone 5? No. Next summer.

Mac OS X for PC? Never. Not. Ever. Apple still makes most of their money on hardware.
  • Reply 28 of 115
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

New iPod touch? Yes - just like every year. In September like every year.

New iPod nano? Same deal. Wait until September.

New touchpad for desktop computers? I sure hope so. Time to bring full multi-touch to the desktop.

New MacBook Air with touch screen? No. Apple will never ship a touchscreen device with a physical keyboard.

Mac OS XI "HellCat"? Not until next year. At the earliest.

iTunes for free? It's already free. Do you mean MobileMe for free? That's possible.

Apple TV? Maybe, but only if and when a total ground-up hardware+software+cloud+streaming makeover is ready.

iPhone 5? No. Next summer.

Mac OS X for PC? Never. Not. Ever. Apple still makes most of their money on hardware.

iTunes for free? It's already free. Do you mean MobileMe for free? That's possible. I mean content of iTunes for free for all new owners of iPhone 4 (or iPad, etc). This could boost sales!

iPhone 5? No. Next summer. Well, perhaps but I guess the life cycle of this product will be shorter than the 3GS.
  • Reply 29 of 115
    libertyforalllibertyforall Posts: 1,418member
    NO NFC (Near Field Communication) AKA RFID (Radio Frequency IDentifier) for me -- AKA SPYCHIPS.

Learn all you can and JUST SAY NO TO SPYCHIPS!:

http://spychips.com

http://freedomtofascism.com
  • Reply 30 of 115
    rbonnerrbonner Posts: 635member
    Daddy, I want a working proximity sensor!!!
  • Reply 31 of 115
    applezillaapplezilla Posts: 941member
    Petting zoos at all retail locations and the employees just found out that they don't have to do clean up duty.
  • Reply 32 of 115
    "Apple is drumming up excitement amongst its retail employees, hinting this week that something revolutionary will soon be introduced within its international chain of brick-and-mortar shops."

Ok, why within the international chain of brick-and-mortar shops?

Is it a new hardware?

Just an idea: APPLE FACETIME WALL!
  • Reply 33 of 115
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    FREE phone calls

via WIFI

OR

nano video face phone

4g/7g roll out
  • Reply 34 of 115
    gigawiregigawire Posts: 196member
    How about a place with some kind of computer where you can always go to check out, instead of chasing a blue shirt around the store. Call it a "cash register".
  • Reply 35 of 115
    I have a friend that works in a store. He said they are going to be changing genius appointments soon. No more walks ins (in a way). Everything will be appointment only but they will ad a new feature called "Same Day" appointments.

Basically you can still sign up for genius bar appointments on the web as we do now.

Then apple will have special times throughout the day reserved for people who walk in dubbing them "Same Day" appointments. So instead of coming and being put on standby you will receive a defined time to come back.

I'm guessing this is only part of what they are planning but does show it will more than likely affect your customer experience at apple rather than an actual product.
  • Reply 36 of 115
    [)roi(][)roi(] Posts: 1member
    IPod Touch 4G?
  • Reply 37 of 115
    sofabuttsofabutt Posts: 99member
    It's an antenna that doesn't ground itself when the user holds it with the left hand; fur use by Apple store employees only.
  • Reply 38 of 115
    bsenkabsenka Posts: 801member
    Revolutionary for their brick and mortar stores?

How about specific cashier stations so you don't have to hunt down someone when you want to buy something? I've had to put my purchase back and leave more than once because I couldn't find anyone to take my money.
  • Reply 39 of 115
    Apple will become the new co-sponsor of the professional cycling team currently known as Saxo-Bank. They will co-sponsor the Riis Cycling owned team with the IT company Sungard.
  • Reply 40 of 115
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Oflife View Post

...This discomforts everything, again.

Introducing, iHugs. Every time an iFan purchases something worth more than $19.95 from an Apple Store, a store employee of the customers gender choice gives them a full on 3 minute wrap around body warming iHug, with optional iCuddle available for an extra 99cents.

Don't you just iLove it?

That is awesome!

Rick