Apple Retail tells employees something big is on the way

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 115
    iPad Socks®
  • Reply 102 of 115
    wplj42wplj42 Posts: 439member
    I have been to an Apple Retail Store three times. Each time, my 20 inch iMac seemed to get heavier and heavier. I bought the computer, and the excitement still didn't stop the box from being heavy, and the car seemed miles away.

My overall experience with the Retail Store was just barely average. I was totally ignored by one employee, and had to wait for someone else. Sure the stores are always busy, but I was hovering over expensive hardware.

I was not told the bluetooth keyboard did not include 10 key. Guess there weren't any USB devices on display. Was also told I could use 3 inch CDs and DVDs as long as I centered them first.

Except for tech support, which is not fantastic, or worth waiting for, I see no reason to ever visit an Apple Retail Store ever again. Prices are pretty much the same everywhere, and Best Buy has friendlier people. Access is better.

So maybe this big deal is Apple is going to amp up their game, and provide better service.
  • Reply 103 of 115
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,950member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WPLJ42 View Post

I have been to an Apple Retail Store three times. Each time, my 20 inch iMac seemed to get heavier and heavier. ...

More data on the hard drive.
  • Reply 104 of 115
    godriflegodrifle Posts: 267member
    Big Rabbit Ears for iPhone

Big screen Apple TV
  • Reply 105 of 115
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Hear hear is the expression. Everybody learns that eventually.

Unless he was chanting that he wanted that antenna at his location.

You shouldn't assume, because assumptions make and ass out of u and me. Everybody learns that eventually.
  • Reply 106 of 115
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WPLJ42 View Post

I have been to an Apple Retail Store three times. Each time, my 20 inch iMac seemed to get heavier and heavier. I bought the computer, and the excitement still didn't stop the box from being heavy, and the car seemed miles away.

My overall experience with the Retail Store was just barely average. I was totally ignored by one employee, and had to wait for someone else. Sure the stores are always busy, but I was hovering over expensive hardware.

I was not told the bluetooth keyboard did not include 10 key. Guess there weren't any USB devices on display. Was also told I could use 3 inch CDs and DVDs as long as I centered them first.

Except for tech support, which is not fantastic, or worth waiting for, I see no reason to ever visit an Apple Retail Store ever again. Prices are pretty much the same everywhere, and Best Buy has friendlier people. Access is better.

So maybe this big deal is Apple is going to amp up their game, and provide better service.

Did you look at the bluetooth keyboard? Or the web site? Or the box it came in? Or ask?

Really, I'm really not sure what the points are that you're trying to make.
  • Reply 107 of 115
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Line dancing lessons.
  • Reply 108 of 115
    wplj42wplj42 Posts: 439member
    An error in my post. All of the Macs had USB devices, so I did not see what the bluetooth was going to look like. Prior to buying my iMac, I was without a computer for 18 months.

I use to work in retail, and I was a better employee with Radio Shack, than my experiences with the Apple Store. My point is, the Apple Retail stores are no better than any other retail outlet. Had I listened to the idiot and used a 3 inch DVD, which I almost did, it would have gotten stuck.

I would expect Apple employees to do a better job. After all, this is Apple we are talking about.
  • Reply 109 of 115
    An automated downgrade process for those with iPhone 3g models th a t

h_ a_ve_______b____e_e____n______________s____l_o____ _we____d

t___o_________________a____________c____r___a_w___ l

b__y___________________i_O__S___4

gc
  • Reply 110 of 115
    freakboyfreakboy Posts: 138member
    "Apple Retail tells employees something big is on the way"

Really? 3 Pages into this and no mom jokes?
  • Reply 111 of 115
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Congratulations, the following people (most of the thread at this point) didn't even read the f*cking article or think that what they have to talk about is more important and just don't care about what the article even says.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves either way.

This person, is practically the only one that got it right at all.

RTFM people! Are you all tired, or just stupid?

you need to cool down

it is a gossip site
  • Reply 112 of 115
    gristangristan Posts: 25member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

it's the icar.

it might happen in next 3 years to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kick out tesla!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 113 of 115
    gristangristan Posts: 25member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Line dancing lessons.

THAT OUGHT TO BE " BIG Mac ! ", SURELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 114 of 115
    gescomgescom Posts: 69member
    Quote:

Apple Retail tells employees something big is on the way

Something big. An Apple Orbitoclast. What a great tool. You all will be free. Free & free of charge.

• Reply 115 of 115
    When they say something big, they literally mean something big. It will all make perfect sense.