Apple Retail tells employees something big is on the way

Comments

• Reply 41 of 115
    dick applebaumdick applebaum Posts: 12,527member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Free MobileMe?

... for customers who have purchased any Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch.

• Reply 42 of 115
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntercr View Post

Surely it's simply the White iPhone.

I haven't bought an iPhone 4G yet because I'm holding out for the whitey.

Believe it or not it's quite difficult to find NICE videos of a white iPhone 4G. I found this one. check it out. Unfortunately it's a PC Mag review but it's the best video out there if you want to check out the whitey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxc4SVJSmpg
  • Reply 43 of 115
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Didn't they say right in the article that it was something for use by employees in their retail stores and not something for consumers?
  • Reply 44 of 115
    prof. peabodyprof. peabody Posts: 2,860member
    Congratulations, the following people (most of the thread at this point) didn't even read the f*cking article or think that what they have to talk about is more important and just don't care about what the article even says.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves either way.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nicwalmsley View Post

International customers are waiting for the iPhone 4. Should be the next couple of weeks.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ihxo View Post

I doubt it. Apple rarely launch "big" things back to back like this.

probably just international iPhone 4.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

I want a umbrella like they gave at the shanghai store while it was raining.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

Please let be something Mac related. Enough with the iPhone and iPad.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by donlphi View Post

Replacement iPhone 4s with fully functional antenna?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by xSamplex View Post

'Nuff said.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Free MobileMe?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brian5s View Post

How about a clip on antenna band, bumper, but, antenna???? Stainless??? No Signal loss??? New Proximity sensors????

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilgto64 View Post

you beat me to it - except I was going to say - iPhone 5 now with working antenna

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chilli View Post

1/ New iPod Touch ?

2/ New iPod nano ?

3/ New touchpad for desktop computers ?

4/ New MacBook Air with touch screen ?

5/ Mac OS XI "HellCat" with touch screen support and iOS interface ?

6/ iTunes for free for iPhone 4 new owners ?

7/ Apple TV ???

8/ iPhone 5 with new antenna design ? (more likely for Q1 2011...)

9/ I forgot: MAC OS X for PC!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntercr View Post

Surely it's simply the White iPhone.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zeromeus View Post

All the employees will be trained on how to activate an iphone with a different carrier???

Launch of a new app iDate for employees to date each other??? LOL

I'm hoping for iPhone with T-Mobile.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rbonner View Post

Daddy, I want a working proximity sensor!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

FREE phone calls

via WIFI

OR

nano video face phone

4g/7g roll out

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chilli View Post

"Apple is drumming up excitement amongst its retail employees, hinting this week that something revolutionary will soon be introduced within its international chain of brick-and-mortar shops."

Ok, why within the international chain of brick-and-mortar shops?

Is it a new hardware?

Just an idea: APPLE FACETIME WALL!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by [)roi(] View Post

IPod Touch 4G?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sofabutt View Post

It's an antenna that doesn't ground itself when the user holds it with the left hand; fur use by Apple store employees only.

This person, is practically the only one that got it right at all.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1984 View Post

Didn't they say right in the article that it was something for use by employees in their retail stores and not something for consumers?

RTFM people! Are you all tired, or just stupid?
  • Reply 45 of 115
    g3prog3pro Posts: 669member
    White iPhone 4 with working antenna.

You heard it here first, folks.
  • Reply 46 of 115
    Quote:

In answer to your sig-- In Flint Center!

• Reply 47 of 115
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    It's the iCar.
  • Reply 48 of 115
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Apple... The World's Biggest HYPE-Machine.
  • Reply 49 of 115
    aiaddictaiaddict Posts: 487member
    I would guess new hand held POS system using iPhone 4's or iPads. Maybe some real time saving app like allowing people to pay for items with the iTunes account rather than having to do a card swipe (plus 3 more swipes until it reads in their crappy readers).

It could also be something truly revolutionary for retail, the iRegister where customers can wait to pay in an equally revolutionary iLine or perhaps iQueue. Just imagine if customers could intuitively know where to pay, and employees would know who was next. OMFG, it could be HUGE!
  • Reply 50 of 115
    rokradrokrad Posts: 143member
    Quote:

They all get raises!
  • Reply 51 of 115
    cindercinder Posts: 381member
    Honestly, that article seems to be written purposefully to mislead readers to make it sound like a new CONSUMER PRODUCT was coming to the Apple Stores . . . until you clicked on it and read past the 5th paragraph.

I read the whole thing and hd to re-read it to figure out what the hell you were saying.

It should be a little more clear that its probably a new PROCESS or SYSTEM coming to Apple's RETAIL STORES for use by the EMPLOYEES.
  • Reply 52 of 115
    hands sandonhands sandon Posts: 5,270member
    Telephones?
  • Reply 53 of 115
    rbonnerrbonner Posts: 635member
    +1 for tired!

This person, is practically the only one that got it right at all.

RTFM people! Are you all tired, or just stupid?[/QUOTE]
  • Reply 54 of 115
    cycomikocycomiko Posts: 716member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Telephones?

working telephones?
  • Reply 55 of 115
    cvaldes1831cvaldes1831 Posts: 1,832member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HCrefugee View Post

Apple will become the new co-sponsor of the professional cycling team currently known as Saxo-Bank. They will co-sponsor the Riis Cycling owned team with the IT company Sungard.

This is completely bizarre.

When has Apple ever endorsed a sports team? The chances of this happening are about 0.00001%.

Also, sponsorship would have nothing to do with their retail operations (unless they chose to sell cycling jerseys at their stores). But then again, perhaps you're being sarcastic. Hard to tell on the Internet.
  • Reply 56 of 115
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    new uniforms?

the every-four-years release of a mac pro?

free downgrades to Windows XP valid until 2020?
  • Reply 57 of 115
    8corewhore8corewhore Posts: 833member
    They're playing with - "It's big." It's physically big. And that can only be an Apple HDTV.
  • Reply 59 of 115
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Hopefully a new MacPro + new Cinema Display. I really want to order a new Mac, but just don't want to see it updated a couple of days _after_ I purchased the current model. According to http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Mac_Pro the wait has been twice as long as usual (498 vs. 236 days) for a new model to appear. And if it's something big, could it be a bigger Cinema Display? Or will the new display be the rumoured 27"? What do you guys think?

Cheers,

Phil
  • Reply 60 of 115

1) special tagging of the store shelves and demo stations, i.e. the products the Apple Store has for sale with NFC/RFID tags and short (3-digit) "Apple Store Product Numbers"

2) a free AppleStore.app for iPads, iPhones, iPod Touchs that allows the user to quickly shop using the 3-digit product codes (or product descriptions).

3) The AppleStore.app would include information for all the products sold at all Apple Stores and would be supplemented in the store (over WiFi) with other products unique to that particular Apple Store

4) NFC/RFID announced as "already included" in the iPhone 4.

So, a customer with an Apple Mobile device walks around the store, selecting items to buy by:

-- selectings the product from a scrollable list (drill-down);

-- searching (drill-down)

-- entering a 3-digit "Apple Store Product Numbers"

-- bumping his NFC/RFID device with the NFC/RFID tag on the display product.

A customer could pre-fill his order in the AppleStore.app with intended purchases before leaving home, then update, as necessary when in the store. It is most important to support "specials" and "impulse buying".

When ready to checkout, the customer hits a "Checkout" button and his order is WiFid to the back room, where it is picked and brought to him on the floor, where normal checkout takes place

For those customers who do not, yet, own an Apple Mobile Device-- there will be iPad kiosks throughout the store to provide a similar, stationary experience,

Oh... Apple will announce that concept is being tested in several high-visibility retail chains...

BTW, this [broad] concept is not new-- it was pioneered in the 1950's by Simpson's of Canada (where the pickers in the back room wore roller-skates)