Every week Apple doesn't act on iPhone 4 antenna could cost $200M

167891012»

Comments

• Reply 221 of 227
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Nice try. Unfortunately, that's so far from reality that it's meaningless.

I brought up the Fortune article that said that the number of returns was insignificant.

You attacked me for bringing up that article - and yet you refused to provide anything to refute it.

I pointed out that you never provided anything to refute the article so it's the best information available. I also asked you to support your contention that the Fortune article was wrong.

Instead of addressing the issue, you hallucinated the above nonsense.

Wait a second, WTF? Do you even look at the name of the person you're responding to anymore or do you just blend all conversations together now? Half the shit you're saying never happened between us. By calling your argument weak, I'm not attacking you. What on earth, man?

Your arguments about who's allowed to comment on the issue, and how much an issue it actually is are weak. July 24th is the 30 day mark from day one, and it's too soon to bring up return numbers (regardless of how solid the data is) ESPECIALLY when Apple talked like the software update around the corner would fix this.

Secondly, all the nonsense I posted WAS MEANT TO BE NONSENSE. My comment was a facetious parallel to yours. You basically set up a complete strawman argument, literally pointing to stuff I never said and calling it my 'mine', followed with your side presented as the most logical comparatively to the lie.

Have a good night.
  • Reply 222 of 227
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zindako View Post

Why not just return your phone and get an Android device then?

Because he moved from Verizon to AT&T only for iPhone 4?
  • Reply 223 of 227
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    Could it be that Steve Jobs was encountering the same issues during his iPhone 4 keynote event? He did blame the bloggers in the room at the time, didn't he?

Anyway, this is turning into a nasty soap for Apple. Half baked explanations are making their - otherwise state of the art - design & engineering team look silly. I don't really buy into the software fix explanation.

I am getting very wary of this phone now. How come Apple does not counteract the findings from Consumer Reports with "real" scientific lab tests?
  • Reply 224 of 227
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,293member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

Really?

Come on now, clearly there are some issues with this product. Maybe it's the end of mankind or maybe not, but don't you want to wait and see what Apple comes up with first?

Mine is going back on the 29th day if I don't hear SOMETHING from Steve Mobs. I'm afraid after all these years of being an Apple customer, I expect their products to "just work." Got that idea in my head from someplace.

Yes, really. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is that it has to be shipped to an AT&T billing address and requires a signature, and I can't be home to sign for it. So as soon as it's available at Best Buy I will buy it.

I know how I use my iPhone -- I almost always talk using the earphones/mic. That means this issue won't affect me. So why would I delay purchasing a substantially better phone? That wouldn't make any sense.
  • Reply 225 of 227
    chopperchopper Posts: 246member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blastdoor View Post

Yes, really. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is that it has to be shipped to an AT&T billing address and requires a signature, and I can't be home to sign for it. So as soon as it's available at Best Buy I will buy it.

I know how I use my iPhone -- I almost always talk using the earphones/mic. That means this issue won't affect me. So why would I delay purchasing a substantially better phone? That wouldn't make any sense.

I imagine you don't websurf with it in your pocket though so you probably would get a benefit from a substantially better phone. And the proximity sensor may also function better in a substantially better phone too.

It's up to you of course, but maybe delaying a little could deliver benefits.
  • Reply 226 of 227
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lifelong View Post

"A 10% restocking fee applies to all iPhone purchases, except where prohibited. The 10% restocking fee does not apply if the device was purchased without AT&T service (device only sale) and returned unopened."

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...urn-policy.jsp

Apple has stated that the iPhone 4 can be returned for a full credit - and AT&T is honoring that regardless of their standard policies.
  • Reply 227 of 227
    pslicepslice Posts: 151member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

if people have issues with their phone bring it the f### back. Can we get on with life? This is so lame.

Getting the iPhone in the first place was no easy project. I had to order on Apple's website because AT&T wasn't taking orders and it took about 3 weeks to get the thing. So to think that returning is easy to do, think again. And please, don't use the F word. That is so ugly.