Apple engineer warned Steve Jobs about iPhone 4 reception last year

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 137
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,026member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bulk001 View Post

I have a number of phones on order and am just curious - when did you get your phone (on launch day or some time after that?). There has been some speculation that Apple may already have changed the materials used for the antenna so by the time my phones arrive, this may already be a non issue.

I got mine shipped out on July 2nd in the 2nd batch of pre-orders. It arrived July 6th or 7th. I do have the proximity sensor issue, though.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by acslater017 View Post

Wow. Mental math...11,000 posts....9 years....what is that, 3 or 4 posts per day?! I guess if anyone is a judge on a loss of objectivity...

But what do I know, I only have 113 posts.

So...I've lost objectivity because I've been here for 9 years? Actually, I think it's more a lack of perspective on your part. You don't even realize that many of us have been here longer than the records show. There was a blackout back in 2001, I believe. I've actually been registered since January of 2000.
  • Reply 122 of 137
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,026member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

Actually, you are right, what do you know about the posters here?

SDW has been here a long time (longer than the current join date would suggest) and is an Apple fan, but you could never call him an Apple apologist. He is very opinionated and I wouldn't necessarily call him objective about a lot of things, but I've never found his views to be coloured by his fanhood of Apple. He'll question Apple whenever he sees fit.

Besides, most of thousand and thousands (and thousands) of posts have been in PO and have nothing to do with Apple at all.

<me> Nods condescendingly towards Tulkas</me>

• Reply 123 of 137
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

<me> Nods condescendingly towards Tulkas</me>

post count whore

(seriously, how the hell do you end up with 11K posts in the time I racked up <3k ?)
  • Reply 124 of 137
    psych_guypsych_guy Posts: 486member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stst0001 View Post

whatever - anger mgmt treatment might help u

Dude, people are asking you for your sources. You obviously didn't wake up magically with these ideas in your head.

Where did you hear that?

What did you see? What did you read?

Cough up the when and where and people might take you more seriously. Or they just might think you saw some photos and made up a story of whole cloth.

That didn't happen did it?

State your source or STFU.
  • Reply 125 of 137
    OK - so

Anonymous source - check

Attributed AND extrpolated commentary - check

COMPLETELY unimpeachable source (Bloomberg) - check

Inflammatory headline - check

Result: Golden Hit Whore Award for AI

Back when journalism pretended to have standards, the headline would have read: "Apple Engineer RUMORED to have warned Steve Jobs about iPhone 4 reception last year", and the liberal use of terms like "alleged", and "supposed" and other qualifiers where appropriate. But when you are caught up in the blog-site race to the bottom (which race is neck and neck with MSM), this must be reported as a certainty.

Because the dainty shell-likes of ardent hatebois demand conspiracy, calumny and rumor to stoke the fires of the apparently bottomless bitterness. Were this a blender, a television, a car, a refrigerator, the customers who were actually having issues would have already returned the problematic device and found something else, either a like replacement, the rougher and more hackable delights of an Android, or even the nostalgia of a Windows Mobile or Symbian Nokia and moved on.
  • Reply 126 of 137
    mastericmasteric Posts: 91member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eacumm View Post

You must be a Verizon person, Well then like my son you must say Fu**ing Verizon a lot, because Verizon Stinks compared to AT&T.

Uhh... not quite. In SoCal I can always tell when someone with AT&T service calls me. The call has that hollow echo sound like they are talking through a tin can sort of sound, every fifth or sixth word drops, and the volume of the call goes higher and lower throughout the length of the call.

The joys of AT&T... not.
  • Reply 127 of 137
    vince_jtvince_jt Posts: 25member
    Hey.

It's ok. Chill people. You're just holding it wrong.

Just do not hold it in that way.

Non issue.

Non issue.

Non issue.

Nananananah.

Sniff.

You're all my suckers.

- S. Jobs.
  • Reply 128 of 137
    bfrenchbfrench Posts: 3member
    With all the controversy surrounding the iPhone 4 antenna issues and my sense that this device is providing me with unsatisfactory connectivity performance compared to my old iPhone3GS, I decided to conduct some comparative simple tests. Check out my data and let me know if you've seen similar results.

http://iphonecto.com/2010/07/15/ipho...d-heres-proof/
  • Reply 129 of 137
    ruel24ruel24 Posts: 432member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Yes, and someone with 166 posts, you are eminently qualified to judge who the apologists are here. Noob.

What does that have to do with anything? An Apple engineer could be on here with 166 posts and know more than you or anyone else, for that matter. That was a pretty stupid response...
  • Reply 130 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eacumm View Post

You must be a Verizon person, Well then like my son you must say Fu**ing Verizon a lot, because Verizon Stinks compared to AT&T.

In what universe? I have Verizon and will not, for any reason, part with them. I'd rather continue to use my iPod Touch and a normal phone than switch to AT&T. I have friends that are on all kinds of different networks: T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, and even our hometown Cincinnati Bell network. They all suck compared to Verizon. Everywhere I go, even deep into the sticks in Indiana, I have signal. All the rest lose their signals, some of them even in-town.

My brother has both a Verizon account that he and his whole family are on, and an iPhone for business use on the AT&T network. He says that, hands down, Verizon makes AT&T look bad. I'm pretty sure that in just about every market there will be the same results.

I just simply don't understand why the competition doesn't invest more in their network and get some more towers built or, at least, leased from someone.
  • Reply 131 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Masteric View Post

Uhh... not quite. In SoCal I can always tell when someone with AT&T service calls me. The call has that hollow echo sound like they are talking through a tin can sort of sound, every fifth or sixth word drops, and the volume of the call goes higher and lower throughout the length of the call.

The joys of AT&T... not.

You know, one of my good friends has AT&T and when I talk to him, I get the same thing. I never even thought about it until I read your post. It's difficult to carry on a conversation with him sometimes.
  • Reply 132 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bfrench View Post

With all the controversy surrounding the iPhone 4 antenna issues and my sense that this device is providing me with unsatisfactory connectivity performance compared to my old iPhone3GS, I decided to conduct some comparative simple tests. Check out my data and let me know if you've seen similar results.

http://iphonecto.com/2010/07/15/ipho...d-heres-proof/

404 error... Fix the link, please.
  • Reply 133 of 137
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 87vert View Post

So it looks like Apple will be looking for one more engineer after they fire this guy.

Yeah. Some quiet, obedient ones. Preferably with their tongue removed. Because others are just unfaithful troublemakers.
  • Reply 134 of 137
    ihxoihxo Posts: 567member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grking View Post

I bet you would have said (or maybe still think) that Watergate never occurred.

All I can say is, you are fucking stupid.
  • Reply 135 of 137
    grkinggrking Posts: 533member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ihxo View Post

All I can say is, you are fucking stupid.

What an intelligent, well thought out response. You are to be applauded for the insight and civility of your post. One rarely sees a response of such intellectual gravitas, that I must say I am stunned. Indeed, Einstein and Oppenheimer themselves would be most impressed, and would consult you for your opinion on all sorts of topics.

Bravo sir, well done.
  • Reply 136 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Naboozle View Post

They can return it, complain publicly, or to Apple, or file a lawsuit, etc. etc... That's how a free society works.

Lol...that's how a nation of ignorant, entitled crybabies works

When my new products don't work, I return them and buy something better. In this case, I'm keeping the iPhone 4, because I'm part of the silent majority of owners that don't experience an issue with the antenna.

You want to a free bumper or mea culpa from Steve Jobs or whatever, have at it.
  • Reply 137 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post

What does that have to do with anything? An Apple engineer could be on here with 166 posts and know more than you or anyone else, for that matter. That was a pretty stupid response...

FYI.

There are clearly people on this thread posting under different IDs that are the same person.

Not unusual on these boards.

Certainly one is an Apple agent, but would not doubt there are other forces.

In my opinion one person is using 3, if not 4 different IDs just in this thread!

Based on analysis of writing style, punctuation and common word use.

I can identify the IDs, thread #s and it is pretty easy to see the commonality.

Keep your eye out for this on any threads.