Microsoft's Steve Ballmer: 'Apple sold more iPads than I'd like them to sell'

Comments

• Reply 61 of 188
    prof. peabodyprof. peabody Posts: 2,860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

What a bilious response...

Sorry. Didn't mean it that way. Shouldn't have said "boring" I guess.
  • Reply 62 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sippincider View Post

Remarkable, just remarkable.

Ballmer has absolutely no clue how the iPad happened. Love it or hate it, iPad is the culmination of leveraged technologies dating back to NeXT. Mac OS X, iMac, iPod, Front Row, and of course iPhone all had a part in it. Ballmer IS completely lost if he thinks a "Job One" crash program will produce a serious competitor.

Anyway, a death-marched "Windows 7 Tablet" should bring some good yucks when it finally shows up.

LOL... Ballmer had no clue how the iPhone happened. One day Apple had "the most expensive phone with no market share" (chortled Ballmer, famously), and then 3 years later, Microsoft is cancelling the Kin and watching Win Mobile 6 slide into oblivion while they furiously try to knock off the iPhone experience with a Zune Phone Series 7 Series Series. All hoping that it doesn't suffer the same fate as the Palm webOS.
  • Reply 63 of 188
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    YOU ALL JUST WAIT!

tab lets are a waste of time.

the microsoft SURFACE is going to take the computing industry by storm!

everyone wants their computer to be a big ass table, not a handheld device.

when will apple realize this and start making hardware the size of dining room tables?
  • Reply 64 of 188
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ihxo View Post

The thing with netbook is, it really is just a cheap underpowered laptop. You need very little tweaking in order to get windows to work with it. As for tablets, you cannot just add touch controls and expect it to work. You cannot just replace the mouse with your finger.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Conversely... as the rather content owner/user of an Apple iPad 64/WiFi+3g, I can honestly say that it's really just an enlarged, overpriced iPod Touch lacking the convenience of being pocketable.

just goes to show that two simplistic points of view don't add up to much, really.
  • Reply 65 of 188
    allblueallblue Posts: 393member
    I read somewhere that Microsoft has 3,100 PhDs working for them. What an extraordinary waste of talent.
  • Reply 66 of 188
    ilogicilogic Posts: 298member
    omg, they have... nothing.
  • Reply 67 of 188
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Frankly, that's all DaHarder has now, is basically thinly veiled trolling in every thread he posts in. I really don't think he's used an iPhone 4 or an iPad, but he's sure trying to say as many bad things about it as he can. My bet? If I didn't say anything now, when Android tablets come out, he'd be shamelessly praising them despite being an "oversized" Android device but having given iPad no credit.

As someone who has been very happily utilizing a fully-rooted Archos 5 IT/32gb, running Android 2.2 (Froyo), I can honestly say that's it's been a rather pleasant experience, hardly as 'refined' as my iPad but still smooth, convienient and fast.

It definitely comes in handy when my iPad/64gb is just too large, my iPod Touch/64gb is too small, or my Lenovo S10-3t is just too much of a real computer to suit my needs.

(pictured above are my iPad 64/WiFi+3g, Archos 5IT/32gb, iPod Touch 64gb, and Lenovo S10-3t Windows 7 Tablet Convertible).
  • Reply 68 of 188
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:

Oh Really... ?

Then I Guess the Absolute Truth Is Tiresome Then, as here's a pic (taken only minutes ago) of my iMac 27/i7, MacBook Pro 13, iPad 64/WiFi+3g, Apple iPhone 3GS (work phone), iPod Nano/16gb, iPod Touch/64gb... etc.

Understand, I own many more 'Apple' products, but this should be more than enough to make clear just how silly it is to make sweeping assumptions about matters for which you know absolutely nothing.

Enjoy... as I sure do enjoy my iPad - ;-)

If those pictures indeed represent stuff that that you bought and now own and use -- which, I doubt -- all I can say is, you're just not a sadist, but a sadomasochist!

It takes all kinds, I guess.......

Whatever works for you. But still, you're tiresome. And predictable.
  • Reply 69 of 188
    The idea that Microsoft "made netbooks happen" is ludicrous.

They MISSED THE BOAT ON NETBOOKS COMPLETELY, with VISTA UNABLE TO RUN ON THEM, so netbooks had to come with Linux or Windows XP on them - At the time, a 6 or 7 year-old operating system. MANUFACTURERS HAS TO STRUGGLE WITH MICROSOFT SOFTWARE to get it to run on netbooks - it was a hindrance, not a help!

BULL F---ING SHIT, Mr. Balmer.

Bulls---.

So mad at the monkey-man.
  • Reply 70 of 188
    Quote:

Here is a very thoughtful article on Balmer/MS from today's WSJ...

It's rather short as far as WSJ articles go (good news for some on this board), very informative and I would really recommend it.

Plus, the 'monkey boy' insults are somewhat sophomoric and very tiresome!

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/...TEyNDkyWj.html

This article will be available to non-subscribers of the Online Journal for up to seven days.

Would be interested in what you guys and gals think of it! It's not very complementary either. Seems to say MS should stick to Windows OS, Office and Xbox.

Best

Let me know if the link doesn't work.

Like Ballmer, the WSJ unsurprisingly (it IS the WSJ) underestimates Apple when he writes " There's a reason new business models tend to be pioneered by new players." Apple is less than a year 'younger' than MS! Making excuses for MS isn't going to stop the time bomb under Ballmer's chair.
  • Reply 71 of 188
    john galtjohn galt Posts: 960member
    Quote:

Here is a very thoughtful article on Balmer/MS from today's WSJ...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Holman Jenkins

One day, all of a sudden perhaps, shareholders will decide they've been waiting for a train that will never come.

Good God, as in investment, MSFT has been dead money for ten years! The MSFT train left in 1995. It's not coming back.

Quote:

It's rather short as far as WSJ articles go (good news for some on this board),

Just what are you trying to say christopher?
  • Reply 72 of 188
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,272member
    Quote:

Oh Really... ?

Then I Guess the Absolute Truth Is Tiresome Then, as here's a pic (taken only minutes ago) of my iMac 27/i7, MacBook Pro 13, iPad 64/WiFi+3g, Apple iPhone 3GS (work phone), iPod Nano/16gb, iPod Touch/64gb... etc.

Understand, I own many more 'Apple' products, but this should be more than enough to make clear just how silly it is to make sweeping assumptions about matters for which you know absolutely nothing.

I pegged you as a lying, piece of shit troll. You might be a piece of shit troll, but at least you're an honest one. Hats off....
  • Reply 73 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

If those pictures indeed represent stuff that that you bought and now own and use -- which, I doubt -- all I can say is, you're just not a sadist, but a sadomasochist!

It takes all kinds, I guess.......

Whatever works for you. But still, you're tiresome. And predictable.

The feeling is entirely mutual, but I don't take these matters quite as seriously as many in here by questioning people's integrity, calling them liars, or insulting their positions on these (admittedly) trivial matters.

I evaluate the efforts of all these manufacturers more fairly than most, lauding them for their successes and criticizing them for their stumbles... as I feel justified in doing given that it's my money I've spent on their wares.
  • Reply 74 of 188
    jpellinojpellino Posts: 700member
    Hardware suppliers made things happen with netbooks. You wanted aircraft carriers you could charge full price for windows.

You were late to the dance with a series of three products the last of which finally stuck. You're lucky, not good.
  • Reply 75 of 188
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Steve Ballmer: 'Apple sold more iPads than I'd like them to sell'

Then stop producing sh*t.

Then again, may Ballmer continue at the helm of Microjunk for years to come.
  • Reply 76 of 188
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:

Oh Really... ?

So you're just a really confused troll?
  • Reply 77 of 188
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

So you're just a really confused troll?

Most likely just someone with a truly well-rounded perspective
  • Reply 78 of 188
    coolcatcoolcat Posts: 156member
    Ballmer is nothing but a fat, greasy, sweaty monkey dancing fool. He's missed the boat on so many levels with Microsloth. No wonder they are a non threat....can't come up with anything original that their customers actually want. Always has to steal other people's thunder and then miserably f*ck it up...
  • Reply 79 of 188
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,272member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Steve Ballmer: 'Apple sold more iPads than I'd like them to sell'

Then stop producing sh*t.

Then again, may Ballmer continue at the helm of Microjunk for years to come.

Speaking of sh*t, they sure laid an egg with the Kin, didn't they?

200 units? That's an even bigger dud than the great Ryan Leaf.
  • Reply 80 of 188
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:

The feeling is entirely mutual, but I don't take these matters quite as seriously as many in here by questioning people's integrity, calling them liars, or insulting their positions on these (admittedly) trivial matters.

I evaluate the efforts of all these manufacturers more fairly than most, lauding them for their successes and criticizing them for their stumbles... as I feel justified in doing given that it's my money I've spent on their wares.

Show me one post from the past couple of weeks where you've had something laudable to say about Apple.

Give it your best shot.