Nielson: Android flourished before iPhone 4, but Apple 'most desired'

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 126
    brettfbrettf Posts: 13member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post

No Android phone provides any significant competition to the iPhone. Please indicate my error. Has the market proven me wrong? Name the phone. Well, I think any readers of this thread have enough information to see both our points.

I like my nexus one. Hard as hell to find one, and shitty marketing by Google doesn't begin to describe why it failed. But I would consider it competition in terms of value, functionality, and function if pitted side by side with the iPhone.

It is because of idiots like you that I don't like to use my iPad in public. They always assume I am some Apple worshiping fanboy like you because i own one of their products. Get off your high horse.

Unless strategies at Apple change significantly and soon, the iPhone is on it's way to becoming a niche, luxury phone and nothing more. Don't get me wrong the iPhone is a nice phone, i just think it has peaked in terms of popularity.

Do a little bit of research before you open your mouth.
  • Reply 122 of 126
    I highly doubt the iphone will be a niche phone anytime soon. I'm glad to see a few platforms with good ideas do very well and provide competition to each other, it only benefits us the consumer.
  • Reply 123 of 126
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BrettF View Post

I like my nexus one... I would consider it competition in terms of value, functionality, and function if pitted side by side with the iPhone.

Good for you. I'm glad you like your phone. But I don't really care what you consider competition in terms of value and functionality. Those are subjective measurements. I'm sure someone considers their three year old flip phone competition to the iPhone as well. That has no bearing on my point or this thread. The Nexus One is not competition to the iPhone in terms of sales. In fact, unless you are a developer, you can't even buy it anymore.

As far as being ashamed to use your iPad in public, please, sell it to someone who is on a waiting list and go buy an Android tablet. I don't want idiots like you being seen with an iPad.
  • Reply 124 of 126
    brettfbrettf Posts: 13member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post

Good for you. I'm glad you like your phone. But I don't really care what you consider competition in terms of value and functionality. Those are subjective measurements. I'm sure someone considers their three year old flip phone competition to the iPhone as well. That has no bearing on my point or this thread. The Nexus One is not competition to the iPhone in terms of sales. In fact, unless you are a developer, you can't even buy it anymore.

As far as being ashamed to use your iPad in public, please, sell it to someone who is on a waiting list and go buy an Android tablet. I don't want idiots like you being seen with an iPad.

At first I did these comments to toy with your closed mind, uppity, better-than-thou attitude. However seeing from your most recent response, I can only guess you are some 12 year old spoil prick, and not worth my time. Perhaps if you were slightly older you would understand that Apple has been in pretty much this same situation in the past, and well it nearly bankrupted them. Kind of wish Bill hadn't bother to save them, because then I probably wouldn't have to deal with fools like you on a daily basis.
  • Reply 125 of 126
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BrettF View Post

At first I did these comments to toy with your closed mind, uppity, better-than-thou attitude. However seeing from your most recent response, I can only guess you are some 12 year old spoil prick, and not worth my time. Perhaps if you were slightly older you would understand that Apple has been in pretty much this same situation in the past, and well it nearly bankrupted them. Kind of wish Bill hadn't bother to save them, because then I probably wouldn't have to deal with fools like you on a daily basis.

If anyone is acting (and writing) like a 12yo it?s you.
  • Reply 126 of 126
    holy. It's just a phone.

yeesh.