Antennagate hits Verizon's Android Motorola Droid 2

Comments

• Reply 21 of 145
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Keep hanging. The only reason a CMDA phone makes sense for Apple to develop is to expand into the Chinese Markets.

¿Que? So China's 65M CDMA based subscribers on their smallest carrier makes more sense than Verizon and Sprint's 150M subscribers, with a much higher rate of buying high-end smartphones?

Note: China's largest two networks account for about 700M GSM users. Their largest carrier with about 550M subscribers use TD-SCDMA, which is a less patent unencumbered tech derived from the same 3G in the iPhone. It even uses te same UMTS air interface.
  • Reply 22 of 145
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Another cookie for Steve!
  • Reply 23 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by therakker View Post

I got the Droid Incredible as a replacement for my iphone because At&t doesn't work at all in NYC. The reception has been amazing and no dropped calls anymore where I had at least 3 a day from At&t. But the bar situation is completely worthless. I usually have 1 bar, and it jumps around all day so I don't even bother looking at them anymore. Made tons of calls with no bars at all. Surprised this wasn't something Apple brought up in their conference. Will hang out in my Android lair until iPhone comes to VZW.

What are you talking about? I'm in Coney Island and I have all my bars...
  • Reply 24 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Another cookie for Steve!

LMAO.

Flash is done. HTML5 is setting up shop
  • Reply 25 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iGod 2.0 View Post

Not to be confused with Riker's Island where the less bars you have the better.
  • Reply 26 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iGod 2.0 View Post

And I am in Seattle with an iPhone 4 and have all my bars.

Have you got it yet?
  • Reply 27 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

not to be confused with riker's island where the less bars you have the better.

lmao this guy.
  • Reply 28 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IYFCalvin View Post

And I am in Seattle with an iPhone 4 and have all my bars.

Have you got it yet?

Thats what I mean. I am in Coney Island right now with an iPhone 4 and I have all five of my bars. He says AT&T doesn't work in NYC. I got to Brooklyn, SoHo, Downtown, Westchester and I have all my bars on my iPhone.
  • Reply 29 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by -AG- View Post

Because it may just show that Gizmodo is Googles bitch once and for all.

Plus maybe Jesus is a false profit?*

* sorry had to get the joke in there for namesake purposes.

That is funny how Gizmodo didn't jump all over this shit. I'm just saying...
  • Reply 30 of 145
    Two things we can be sure of...

1_ Somehow this is Steve Jobs' fault.

2_ The mass media will completely ignore this since it's not Apple related and they can't blow it out of proportion and create a frenzy.
  • Reply 31 of 145
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    iPhone is so good the competitors are copying every feature.
  • Reply 32 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FreeRange View Post

He he he! Now what are the apple haters going to do???????

They'll hate you for mocking them. You hater, you!
  • Reply 33 of 145
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,272member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheff View Post

LOL - good one!
  • Reply 34 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheff View Post

• Reply 35 of 145
    Coz of the iPhone 4.. The first thing everyone wil check on any new phone that comes out would be if it has any antenna issues...
  • Reply 36 of 145
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Jeeeez... I'm speechless. BTW who here's thinking Apple is going to discontinue the free bumper plan after September? I think they'll discontinue it given, globally, generally positive reception (in all meanings of the word). Maybe they'll drop the price to $19 for anyone that still wants a bumper. Antennagateisovergate.

Come people let's go troll on the Android forums. Love to see what's going on there.
  • Reply 37 of 145
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FreeRange View Post

He he he! Now what are the apple haters going to do???????

They got to go back to the Android forums to fluff up everyone... "Oh, it's just a minor software glitch but since everything is so open and wonderful we can all patch it and then it will be even more awesomeness !11!1!one".

But first this is an open call to DaHarder to come out here, show himself, and tell us what he thinks of this.
  • Reply 38 of 145
    -ag--ag- Posts: 123member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Jeeeez... I'm speechless. BTW who here's thinking Apple is going to discontinue the free bumper plan after September? I think they'll discontinue it given, globally, generally positive reception (in all meanings of the word). Maybe they'll drop the price to $19 for anyone that still wants a bumper. Antennagateisovergate.

Come people let's go troll on the Android forums. Love to see what's going on there.

What we may also find is that Apple will include 1 bumper (say generic black) with the phone and then sell the coloured ones as separate sales items.

This way they are kind of keeping the bumper thing going but kind of not.
  • Reply 39 of 145
    guch20guch20 Posts: 173member
    I've got $500 saying the national news and the vast majority of local news outlets will not pounce on this or even mention it in passing. It's not that the media is unfair to Apple, it's that nobody really gives a damn about Android.
  • Reply 40 of 145
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,110member
    The articles are beginning to pile up from what I was able to search. A funny one was the author describing how the signal bars would fluctuation from full to zero in one spot yet mentioning that the problem was "not as bad as Antennagate". What a hypocritical SOB. I'm not going to troll any of the forums since I hate when the Phandroids come here to spew their nonsense. However, there is a bit of bittersweet justice here and definitely a touch of "I told you so" added in for good measure.

It really is funny to read the phandroid comments and how they are totally making this sound like it's a non-issue. Hell, 30-minutes into the sale of the iPhone4 and they were firing up the critic horns about the massive failure it was and that a full-recall was necessary.

I expect - DEMAND - that Gizmodo prove once and for all that they are above pond-scum and give as much time to this problem as they did with Apple.