Antennagate hits Verizon's Android Motorola Droid 2

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Because you don't have anything meaningful to say on this issue. Because, the point of this story is the hypocrisy of iPhone 4 critics.

Actually, the story at the beginning of the thread is just reporting what seems to be issue with the Droid 2. Whether it's a software issue or an actual hardware issue is yet to be seen.

But it's actually you that chose to turn it into an issue of of what you perceive to be hypocrisy.

Is there an issue here with the Droid 2? It seems so. Does Motorola need to do something about it? Of course. While the actual problem might not be as big of an issue as the iPhone 4's antenna design, it's still an issue that Motorola needs to address quickly.

P.S. Just because you choose to ignore what say (type?), doesn't mean that I don't have anything meaningful to say. Just like I chose to respond, even though I know it'll lead me nowhere.
  • Reply 142 of 145
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,950member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AsianBob View Post

Is there an issue here with the Droid 2? It seems so. Does Motorola need to do something about it? Of course. While the actual problem might not be as big of an issue as the iPhone 4's antenna design, it's still an issue that Motorola needs to address quickly.

Or, the actual problem could be much more serious than the non-issue of the iPhone 4's antenna. You have no idea either way, but that doesn't stop you from your purpose here.
  • Reply 143 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Or, the actual problem could be much more serious than the non-issue of the iPhone 4's antenna. You have no idea either way, but that doesn't stop you from your purpose here.

You're right that this could be larger than it appears. On the surface, it seems like this is a software bug. But like you said, we have no idea either way until time marches forward and we see if Motorola releases a patch and if it fixes the issue. As I've said, if the patch fixes it, then we move on.

Again, I have to correct you. The iPhone 4's antenna design actually does have an issue. Many independent outlets have confirmed it through their own testing. As well as a large number of owners who posted videos of the issue on YouTube. Bridging the gap has been confirmed to cause the phone to drop calls and data.

If anything, you're the one actually spreading a "purpose" here. You're essentially doing what you say the media did to the iPhone 4. You're trying to upsell a competitors problems for whatever purpose you may have.
  • Reply 144 of 145
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,950member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AsianBob View Post

You're right that this could be larger than it appears. On the surface, it seems like this is a software bug. But like you said, we have no idea either way until time marches forward and we see if Motorola releases a patch and if it fixes the issue. As I've said, if the patch fixes it, then we move on.

Again, I have to correct you. The iPhone 4's antenna design actually does have an issue. Many independent outlets have confirmed it through their own testing. As well as a large number of owners who posted videos of the issue on YouTube. Bridging the gap has been confirmed to cause the phone to drop calls and data.

If anything, you're the one actually spreading a "purpose" here. You're essentially doing what you say the media did to the iPhone 4. You're trying to upsell a competitors problems for whatever purpose you may have.

Just the response we'd expect out of good ol' Bob, distortion of facts, accuse others of your own sins, the old, "no problem could possibly be as big as the Apple problem." We all know why you're here Bob, you aren't fooling anyone with your "if anything" scenarios.
  • Reply 145 of 145
    seafoxseafox Posts: 90member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FreeRange View Post

He he he! Now what are the apple haters going to do???????

They could point out that Apple iPhones have the same poor reception as competitor's cellphones. Which serves as further proof the premium paid for Apple products really is just a "brand tax" like Nike shoes, and not the higher price commanded for a higher quality product.

What? I don't hear you laughing anymore.