Oprah declares Apple's iPad her 'favorite thing ever,' gives away 275

Comments

• Reply 21 of 126
    So it's official; Apple is no longer cool.
  • Reply 22 of 126
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pondosinatra View Post

Great, now I no longer want mine...

Well, what if I said I recently attended a meeting with a four star USAF general; and him and his staff all had iPads?. I did and they did.
  • Reply 23 of 126
    Oprah has a reality distortion field that even Steve Jobs would be jealous of! I don't recall anyone crying at MacWorld when he unveiled the iPhone.
  • Reply 24 of 126
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pennywse View Post

Just funny how the vultures swoop in and take this positive spin, turning it into a negative. If you don't like Apple gtfo, seriously. Why are you even here? What point do serve? What point do you make? No really, why are you here on Apple Insider taking digs at every Apple product. You hate istuff, we get it. Go wrap yourself in the Android and Windows blankets and get all warm in their brilliance.

For those others who are here because we celebrate Apple stuff, own Apple products and stock, and generally want to see what Apple is up to, good for us! This is a great story, about a great product, and it's going to be a great Christmas after all.

Whom are you talking to? It seems that you speak to some one but you did not specified.

Those people are hysterical....

Or, I get it. They now can make iTunes purchases from iPad and listen to Beatles.

And Oprah definitely does not read much (e.g. books) from this glossy screen...

Do they (hosts of such shows) speak only about popular things or is that Apple who comes to them to make it popular?

Disclaimer: I am very positive about Beatles going digital on iTunes.
  • Reply 25 of 126
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HelveticaNeue View Post

Oprah has a reality distortion field that even Steve Jobs would be jealous of! I don't recall anyone crying at MacWorld when he unveiled the iPhone.

I don't recall him giving away iPhones to everyone in the audience, either. He's not big on freebies (minus developer previews of OS').
  • Reply 26 of 126
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post

Yes, right now it's evil. Don't you read the memo?
  • Reply 27 of 126
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HelveticaNeue View Post

Maybe it's because Steve jobs didn't give away iPhones for free at MacWorld?
  • Reply 28 of 126
    Women love the big O. They'll be reconsidering the iPad if they haven't purchased one already.

My mom's reluctance to take the plunge has just been shattered. Turns out Oprah is more influential than I am.
  • Reply 29 of 126
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

To hell with if I like Oprah or not, what a great plug!

Like her or not (I don't), Oprah is probably the nation's number one tastemaker. What she says matters to a whole lot of people.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I don't recall him giving away iPhones to everyone in the audience, either. He's not big on freebies (minus developer previews of OS').

Not big on it, but he has done it. I got my first copy of iWork at the MWSF keynote where it was introduced (or was it Keynote? -- hard to recall). Another year he gave away mice.
  • Reply 30 of 126
    The same Oprah that gave her audience Pontiac sedans?
  • Reply 31 of 126
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sippincider View Post

The same Oprah that gave her audience Pontiac sedans?

I'd rather have the iPad...
  • Reply 32 of 126
    Here's an idea, if you're serious, Oprah: Donate 275 of them to Detroit schoolchildren next.
  • Reply 33 of 126
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I'd rather have the iPad...

I'm holding out for a Studebaker.
  • Reply 34 of 126
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

I'm holding out for a Studebaker.

Good choice (really).

By the way... each Studebaker comes with a Samsung Galaxy Tab.
  • Reply 35 of 126
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Good choice (really).

By the way... each Studebaker comes with a Samsung Galaxy Tab.

If it's a Commander Starlight Coupe, I'd take the Samsung and leave it in the trunk.
  • Reply 36 of 126
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    I’m not sure where the iPad was last week, but it’s in 6 out of the top 10 spots right now.
    LOL Check out the ePad, currently at number 11. For another $150 I think I’d go for an of the Galaxy Tab.
  • Reply 37 of 126
    That sux, now the wife will want one.....
  • Reply 38 of 126
    Says format not supported
  • Reply 39 of 126
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    They are more rabid than fanboys.
  • Reply 40 of 126
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post

Is that why you used Apple's products?