College Football 2002

Comments

• Reply 41 of 492
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>ND loses at least 3.</strong><hr></blockquote>

At least.

11-0 for ND is not gonna happen. No way, no how.
  • Reply 42 of 492
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Florida/Miami is obviously the biggest game today, (a ton of others are scheduled wins for the big guys, in fact.)

Anyone gonna be bold and predict a Gator upset?

I'm not, by the way!

Jeff
  • Reply 43 of 492
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Good lord, OU is the luckiest team in NCAA history.

• Reply 44 of 492
    Man, that Sooner offense really doesn't look that good to me.

Jeff
  • Reply 45 of 492
    norfanorfa Posts: 171member
    Talk about lucky, ND, no offensinve touchdowns and two wins. We find out if OSU is for real this week. Beating up on Kent State isn't worth a lot. If they can beat up on a top 20 team, I might start to believe they are for real. Afterr seeing Miami demolish a top 10 team I have to think that anyone who doesn't win all their games by 20, probably won't look like they belong in the championship at the end of the year.
  • Reply 46 of 492
    No kidding about Miami, I feel sorry for the rest of the Big East.

:eek:

I bet Notre Dame fans are getting that "team of destiny!" feeling, right, MagicFingers?

Jeff
  • Reply 47 of 492
    Miami is sick, they give me nightmares. Here's hoping my 'Horns are the ones to meet them in the Fiesta Bowl to get their asses kicked.

OU doesn't have an offense, they have a group of guys that take up time between defense/special teams series.
  • Reply 48 of 492

<strong>

OU doesn't have an offense, they have a group of guys that take up time between defense/special teams series.</strong><hr></blockquote>

OU is remarkably like A&M this year. great defense, no offense. the only reason both these teams win games is because of the defense.
  • Reply 49 of 492
    OU isn't that bad.
  • Reply 50 of 492

<strong>OU isn't that bad.</strong><hr></blockquote>

heh, well only when farris is playing. its amazing that when we put in all three of our backup qbs in, all did better than farris. why, why, why is he still starting?? and why is slocumb still in charge...??
  • Reply 51 of 492
    "and why is slocumb still in charge...??"

It is slocum not slocumb. You don't want a "b" on the end of that cum next time _alliance_.
  • Reply 52 of 492
    [quote]Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath:

<strong>"and why is slocumb still in charge...??"

It is slocum not slocumb. You don't want a "b" on the end of that cum next time _alliance_.</strong><hr></blockquote>

haha
  • Reply 53 of 492

<strong>Good lord, OU is the luckiest team in NCAA history.</strong><hr></blockquote>

no shit. you talk about an emotional roller coaster ride. i much prefer the blowouts of old, less stress related heart problems. not to mention our "great" defense didn't look so hot in the second half. alabama came and just kicked our asses. my hat is off to them and their fans (half the state of alabama was parked out at loyd noble arena for the game). that was some heady running by renaldo works or i'd be one bitter somebitch.
  • Reply 54 of 492
    I can't wait until October 12th.

If things keep going the direction they are OU will be coming into the UT game with a loss from the week before. Mizzou is looking tough and OU is looking lost.

But you've got a couple more cupcake games before you get to the meat, so I'm sure 'ole Stoopsie will figure something out.

Boomer Sooner!

alliance:

Word 'round the campfire is that ArrCee might get shitcanned soon if he doesn't straighten up, what with the new AD coming in and all. You guys have a very nice schedule, though, up until Nov. 8th. You guys will be 6-1 heading into the Nebraska game. Of course, by the end of the season I'd put my money on 7-5.

I'm hoping to see more of McNeal, ArrCee burned his redshirt in the first game, so I was surprised he didn't get any snaps against Pitt. He's a playmaker, he'll be fun to watch.
  • Reply 55 of 492
    The Buckeyes suck.

I *go* to OSU.

But I had to grow up in Columbus, and listen to years of the deluded yammering on in the deluded belief that OSU is a major football program, and that they were going all the way this year, etc. etc. Whatever.

Nothing was funnier than watching them drop two consecutive national championship runs to Michigan - except possibly their series with South Carolina... bwa ha ha ha ha!

Go Blue, or whoever this week's opponent happens to be.
  • Reply 56 of 492
    norfanorfa Posts: 171member
    But I had to grow up in Columbus, and listen to years of the deluded yammering on in the deluded belief that OSU is a major football program,

"I grew up in Columbus too. For some reason I don't find it necessary to trash OSU. I miss the noise of the crowds, which I could here from my front yard on game day. My pop warner team used to practise on the same field as the Bucks. I watched Woody "instruct " his linemen. Funny, it didn't twist my knickers in a knot, maybe it's just you.
  • Reply 57 of 492
    I can relate to ColorClassic a little. Growing up, EVERYONE in my town was all Hawkeyes, Hawkeyes, Hawkeyes. It got a little old at times, so I decided to root for the then perennial underdogs (especially in football) Iowa State.

It's gonna be great to go to Kinnick Stadium Sept. 14, proudly sporting Cardinal and Gold as the Cyclones take their 5th straight "State Title!"

Jeff
  • Reply 58 of 492
    Ohio State is pretty good this year. They are masterful underachievers but they are good.
  • Reply 59 of 492

<strong>I can't wait until October 12th.

If things keep going the direction they are OU will be coming into the UT game with a loss from the week before. Mizzou is looking tough and OU is looking lost.

But you've got a couple more cupcake games before you get to the meat, so I'm sure 'ole Stoopsie will figure something out.

Boomer Sooner!</strong><hr></blockquote>

i wouldn't get to cocky with that lackluster game against UNT, where you couldn't score a point in the second half, and were held to 28 total rushing yards ( cb was 18 for 49 yards.) after that kind of performance againts a team like UNT, i'm sure macky boy is a little concerned about now. but it's early and you got an extra week to try and make things right before eating your "cupcakes".
  • Reply 60 of 492
    Calm down, Okie, who's getting cocky? Our offensive line played like garbage, I didn't say any different.

However, our problems on OL were correctable.