College Football 2002

Comments

• Reply 121 of 492
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>Outcoached 3 years in a row by the inbreeders.

Scissors: I'll give you our offensive coaching staff and 5 players of your choice for Bob Stoops. </strong><hr></blockquote>

not a chance in hell.

great game though. half my face is fried from being in the sun. i'm half fried face man. did i mention i'm drunk. yes-sir-re-bob, i'm drunk. just dropping the parents off at my place, then it's out to drink more beer. hasta.
  • Reply 122 of 492
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Florida's getting killed in the swamp AGAIN!

Much as I hate Spurrier, I can't believe that'd happen if he was still there.

ISU wins again! We'll be seeing that run by Seneca for a loooong time. Slow first half, though.

Now comes the brutal stretch. At OU, at Texas, at K State and at Colorado all within the next five weeks.

Now I get to watch Air Force/BYU!

:cool:

I love the option!

Jeff

[ 10-13-2002: Message edited by: jeffyboy ]</p>
  • Reply 123 of 492
    Oh yeah, who thought ISU would be ranked above FSU in week 9, at the begining of the season. I think the Clones (as over ranked as they are) can knock off Oklahoma or Texas.
  • Reply 124 of 492
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I think they'll beat the Sooners, OU has problems against mobile quarterbacks. If Brad Smith of Mizzou can make plays against 'em Wallace should have a field day.
  • Reply 125 of 492
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>I think they'll beat the Sooners, OU has problems against mobile quarterbacks. If Brad Smith of Mizzou can make plays against 'em Wallace should have a field day.</strong><hr></blockquote>

o ye of little faith. he'll definitely get his yards, but i doubt he can carry the whole load alone. we'll be ready for him come game time. should be a good match up.
  • Reply 126 of 492
    [quote]Originally posted by jeffyboy:

<strong>Now I get to watch Air Force/BYU!

:cool:

I love the option!</strong><hr></blockquote>

nobody runs it better than air force, that's for sure. it's a thing of beauty. it amazes me that fisher deberry can continue to compete and win against much larger programs with the kind of talent he gets from year to year when army and navy just plain suck. a testament to a great coach and very smart players. by the way, they stomped the shit out of byu. i think notre dame is going to have their hands full next weekend. go falcons.

[ 10-14-2002: Message edited by: running with scissors ]</p>
  • Reply 126 of 492
    I've got MUCH respect for the Sooner and Longhorn defenses, plus ISU's running game just isn't getting it done this year the way they usually do.

If Seneca does pull out either of those games, they should just give him the Heisman before he leaves the field!

Jeff
  • Reply 128 of 492
    Anyone (I'm looking at you Magicfingers) want to make a friendly bet on Air Force/Notre Dame next week?

I think the Falcons can pull it off!

How about the loser has to have the fight song from the winning team in his signature for a week?

Jeff
  • Reply 129 of 492
    [quote]Originally posted by jeffyboy:

<strong>I've got MUCH respect for the Sooner and Longhorn defenses, plus ISU's running game just isn't getting it done this year the way they usually do.

If Seneca does pull out either of those games, they should just give him the Heisman before he leaves the field!

Jeff</strong><hr></blockquote>

he's a bad ass, that's for sure.
  • Reply 130 of 492
    Bah, go Buckeyes!
  • Reply 131 of 492
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    [quote]Originally posted by chweave1:

<strong>Lets not overlook VT, if they can pull off a win against Miami... Just look at how they played against them last year, and compare that with how tech is playing this year. THAT should be a GREAT game.

GO TECH!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes! GO HOKIES!
  • Reply 132 of 492
    Ohio State might want to make sure they lock down the MNC this year, or else they might be <a href="http://espn.go.com/magazine/vol5no22clarett.html"; target="_blank">without the services</a> of young Master Clarrett.

And I say to him: "No true freshman has ever won the Heisman Trophy ..."

And he starts smiling.

"... And no one has ever challenged the NFL rule prohibiting a true freshman, sophomore or junior from entering the draft."

And he starts laughing.
  • Reply 133 of 492
    Outside of the "Should he stay or try to go" part of that article, the stuff about his neighborhood... :eek:

I get fed up with athletes acting like "gangstas" as much as anyone, but man, just to survive s*** like that, it has to change you. EDIT: maybe I should say "shape you"

So different than the world I'm used to.

As far as going to the NFL, I wonder if many teams would be willing to take a chance on someone that young, no matter how talented.

Especially at RB, a position relatively easy to fill.

Jeff

[ 10-17-2002: Message edited by: jeffyboy ]</p>
  • Reply 134 of 492
    squashsquash Posts: 332member
    Anyone who thinks he can make the jump to the pro's after a year of college football is nutz. The speed of the game is night and day, and he'd be eaten alive.

The junior rule is there for a reason....the pro game is bigger, faster, and nastier. This isn't baseball or basketball, and i don't see the rule changing anytime soon.

He can laugh all he wants...cause bottom line is he's not even the best OSU running back of all time. If he thinks he is, then he has no knowledge or respect for the backs before him.
  • Reply 135 of 492
    Reading about Eddie George in that article and the Heisman buzz for Seneca Wallace has reminded me of Troy Davis.

Now, I know the award's never going to go to a guy on a team with records as bad as Iowa State had the years he was there, and rightly so, but still...

To get as many yards against the defenses he did, when everyone KNEW he was going to get the ball everytime...

With no real passing game to speak of...

And an average at best o-line...

That was some amazing running.

It's too bad, because he's kind of been forgotten because of his lack of NFL success (which I still don't understand.)

28 Forever!

Jeff

• Reply 136 of 492
    If you're curious (you're probably not but I just looked it up and think it's cool) TD is playing for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Candian Football League and has 952 yards in 16 games.

He's averaging just under 5 yards per carry and plays with Darren Flutie (Doug's brother) who just became the CFL's all-time reception leader.

Jeff
  • Reply 137 of 492
    The following is a list of guys I think were ready for the NFL after their 1st NCAA year (if not straight out of high school):

- Earl Campbell

- Bo Jackson (if he hadn't been injured so young, he could've developed into one of the most dominant athletes in history)

- Herschel Walker

I don't know if he's ready for the NFL, he has dominated so far but it's been against teams that treat defense like an afterthought. He's probably the best RB in the NCAA, at least in the top 5.

I don't think it's all that ridiculous to think of him as ready for the NFL, he's a special talent.
  • Reply 138 of 492
    Groverat: Would you add Emmitt Smith to that list? I seem to remember seeing him on TBS a couple times his freshman year and thinking he was amazing.

Jeff

• Reply 139 of 492
    His neighborhood? If Clarett even brings that sh*t I'll know he ain't real. Warren Harding is nothing.
  • Reply 140 of 492
    Grover's link says he's from a Youngstown ghetto, and from the sound of it, not a place this 240 LB. corn-fed white boy would want to hang around long in!

Jeff