Inside Mac OS X 10.7 Lion: New Dock, Finder & Desktop

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 142
    muffinssmuffinss Posts: 14member
    I really don't like the idea of having the scrollbar hidden by default. I use it all the time to see how low, or high, I am on a page/window/what ever. Its just stupid and I feel like they are trying to turn the computer into a giant iPad.

I use a mouse because its more responsive, feels better, and more natural to me. I use my computer more than to just checking email. Even my laptop I use a mouse with it, because using the trackpad is annoying to get things done. They make portable mouses for a reason, people want to uses mouses, even on their laptops.

Designing a computer OS as if it is a mobile OS is stupid. If i wanted a mobile OS I would use an iPad, not a 27 inch iMac.
  • Reply 142 of 142
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by muffinss View Post

I really don't like the idea of having the scrollbar hidden by default. I use it all the time to see how low, or high, I am on a page/window/what ever. Its just stupid and I feel like they are trying to turn the computer into a giant iPad.

They made it an option to leave it as it is currently so it should be ok. I prefer hidden scrollbars mostly because they don't redraw content. If you resize the google homepage vertically, when the scrollbar appears, it offsets the content to the left - the iOS scrollbars shouldn't do that.