1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 143
    ecphorizerecphorizer Posts: 533member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Tod,

Here is what I am thinking.

1) For in the field standalone editing of video -- e.g. between haves or games (3 on Saturdays) f the grandkids soccer matches.

-- I've tried using a 17" Mac Laptop, and it is just too limited and cumbersome (extra batteries, need to use a table or flat surface, etc.)

-- I've tried editing video with the iMovie app on the iPhone . and it's just too small for my fat sausage fingers and my weak 71-year-old eyes.

I am looking at doing short highlight clips -- 2-4 minutes max with titles, transitions maybe some Slo-Mo, Ken Burns effect and a little sound.

This is well within the capability of iMovie -- and a touch interface would be great, IMO

[...snip...]

Well, Dick, It looks like you have an inside track at the iPad/iMovie dev team, huh? Pretty much everything you wanted is there.

I loved your detailed descriptions. Reminded me of 10 years ago or so when my youngest was in AYSO - I'd take pictures with my first digital camera and people were happy to be able to see a web album in a few days, certainly not within hours like you're doing! Nice to see that you're having fun.

PS: I sent you a PM.
  • Reply 142 of 143
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by d-range View Post

No offense taken, I'll keep that in mind.

I've edited my post and paragraphed a little more if you still want to read it,

Aaah .... so much better. Thanks .... and I think your comments on Android are spot on. I would only add that, imho, the major reason for the "confusion" in the Android camp is the same as in most of Apple's competition. They still don't get it. The fact is, that most companies will reflect their focus. Apple wishes to focus on the user .... and because of that the money just follows .... while everyone else seems to focus on following Apple's lead .... and that will make it difficult to be tops in the user's mind.

It's kinda like that old saying: You can lead, follow or get out of the way. Apple chooses to lead and I, for one, am glad that they do. ..... Cheers.
  • Reply 143 of 143
    lilgto64lilgto64 Posts: 1,147member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Partial quote:

A ton of guys will be passing iPad -1s to their kids and wives and buying version 2. Just watch.

Before the actual announcement I would have said Not me - I will keep the original iPad for some time - but now I am not so sure.

Actually I am planning to buy one of the new MacBook Pro Quad Core 17" so that my current Core2Duo can pass down to my daughter and the PowerBook G4 she has can be repurposed. As soon as Best Buy gets one in stock - so I can get 18 months of no interest payments - then maybe when the Best Buy card gets paid down a bit an iPad 2 can be added.